Why can't you upload pictures/photo's in Telly Addicts?

(34 Posts)
Oblomov Sat 01-Mar-14 11:57:46

Dear Tech,

Why is this not possible?

MalcolmTuckersMistress Sat 01-Mar-14 12:04:45

I agree. I feel that this would be an appropriate function to offer since the whole section is dedicated to visual entertainment.

AIBU to suggest that you are under delivering here MN?

I am not usually one for complaining <clutches bosom>

... but, I put it to you, that if you do not rectify this with IMMEDIATE effect <low snarl> we will have no option left but to leave MN, set up Wenchnet, (I mean how hard can it be really? Really though?).... where photos will be compulsory, and then surely, it will simply be a matter of time before the fine women of this world, abandon ship for sunnier pervier climes. Bringing MN to it's knees and leaving you all out of a job!

Are you ready for that? Are you ready to lose everything you have built up and <ahem> 'worked so hard for' all these years?
Put your families on the streets? Aspire to shop at Lidl/Aldi? Go to Nethuns for support? Are you? ARE YOU?

Cos that's what'll happen.... <threatening>

..and YES! What MalcolmTucker said ^. That too.

NymodigFruOla Sat 01-Mar-14 16:20:14

Why are you asking Tech? It's not his decision. He can do it, we know he can - and he has done it.

It's up to the 'higher up' MNHQers' to decide which Topics are allowed to have photos.

There is a thread, somewhere, in Site Stuff which explained that the hairy-handed types might spam the entire forum with photos; so MNHQ is being careful.

Oblomov Sat 01-Mar-14 17:09:40

Oh thank you Ola. Might have to go and try and find said thread......

NymodigFruOla Sat 01-Mar-14 17:48:43

Oblomov, here's the thread where a MNHQer said they were concerned about the hairy-handed types posting photos www.mumsnet.com/Talk/site_stuff/a1972328-Pictures-on-Arts-and-Crafts#44488062

TBF they have allowed pictures in chat now and if they were going to spam anywhere it would be there.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/2012086-This-is-the-inside-of-my-fridge-Judge-me-Show-me-yours?msgid=45444184

pictures have opened up many more thread opportunities grin

NymodigFruOla Sat 01-Mar-14 18:09:20

Yes ........ we already know about the photos in Chat - and a few other topics.

But I suspect that MNHQ does not want to roll this out to every single topic.

wasn't suggesting you didn't just agreeing that the troll argument doesn't hold much weight when high traffic topics have it.

Oblomov Sat 01-Mar-14 22:10:03

Well, I still maintain that telly addicts should be ok.
How much trolling does MNHQ think is going to go on, on a thread dedicated to a tv programme?
Not a lot. If it's ok in crafts (dedicated, regular posters) , then it should be fine In telly addicts.
And why would you not allow it in telly addicts, if you have allowed it in such a risqué topic as chat?
Defies logic.

MalcolmTuckersMistress Sun 02-Mar-14 08:30:36

It's true! It doesn't make sense. So often exciting dramas have things going on the background that are MASSIVE give always to the plot and often it's over looked by viewers concentrating on the story. (Doctor Who, Ahses to Ashes, Mad Dogs just to name a few) it would be nice to have the function to be able to point this out to people who may have missed it without having the hassle of using external links. Especially if you are taking a screen cap from it yourself!

There's one site tinypic, that's the only convenient one to use for this purpose and it's still a piss about. Every time you go to it it shows you "images you might like" and there are usually minges and tits. <yawn> just irritating if there are little eyes running around you while you are doing it.

I agree that Telly Addicts needs pictures as does The Litter Tray. And I want the allowance upped. <demanding>

Oblomov Sun 02-Mar-14 17:31:05

MNHQ will you lease look into this, please?

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 03-Mar-14 15:18:34

Hi folks,

Thanks for raising this with us. As others have pointed out (thanks for that btw!), we're holding back on allowing pictures on all topics as we just want to make sure the function isn't going to be abused by trolls and the like.

However, pictures on other topics will be coming at some point in the near future-ish. Sorry we can't give you a firm date. In the mean time please enjoy this picture of Porthos.

This is better KateS. Sorry.

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 03-Mar-14 16:01:17

Sparklingbrook

This is better KateS. Sorry.

I say, who's this bonny chap? <peers over specs>

Oh no KateS I fear if you don't know you may be one of those young people types. envy

It's Michael Praed aka Robin of Sherwood in the 80s. <gimmer>

BertieBotts Mon 03-Mar-14 17:36:44

I think the pictures thing was originally a trial hence it's only allowed in certain topics smile

MalcolmTuckersMistress Mon 03-Mar-14 21:57:07

SEXY PORTHOS!!!

Oblomov Tue 04-Mar-14 07:34:03

Well I'm sorry Kate , but that answer is so weak , it's pathetic.
So, we are making a special request. Please allow it is Telly addicts. Now.

You can do this. Technically. You only haven't because you were worried about trolling. But it is already across some topics.

Do you agree that if all the topics, Telly Addicts is very low risk from trolling?

So do you actually have any valid reasons why it can't be allowed to be used, in Telly Addicts specifically, with immediate effect?

TBF there isn't any trolling in The Litter Tray either-so I can't see why pics can't be allowed there.

Telly Addicts and Sleb Twaddle are made for pics.

MalcolmTuckersMistress Tue 04-Mar-14 09:50:21

I'm getting angry now. WE NEED THIS FUNCTION!

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 04-Mar-14 15:50:01

MalcolmTuckersMistress

I'm getting angry now. WE NEED THIS FUNCTION!

No problem - will get it sorted - consider it done, so long as, that is...

You all vote for ME here

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 04-Mar-14 19:16:45

Ahem. This should be all done now.

vote for me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now