Thanks for your patience

(153 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

Tech (MNHQ) Tue 10-Sep-13 01:55:05

We were offline there for about 20 minutes while we did some updates to the server. Sorry about that - sometimes there's no way around it.... thanks for your patience.

BoreOfWhabylon Tue 10-Sep-13 02:05:18

While you're up, Tech, any chance you could zap the tosser who's got two threads going asking to buy our used tights?

BOF Tue 10-Sep-13 02:11:42

Has the font changed? It all looks a bit different tome.

Tech (MNHQ) Tue 10-Sep-13 02:15:22

Hi BOF I don't think so - it shouldn't have. Starting a thread works slightly differently so you might see a little popup gizmo, but otherwise it should work same as before.

Tech (MNHQ) Tue 10-Sep-13 02:16:31

But now you mention it it looks to me like there's a bit more of a margin on posts maybe? Like they are indented from the left a bit more? Or were they alwys like that? (This on desktop.) One for the day crew to look at. I'm off to me bed shortly....

DaleyBump Tue 10-Sep-13 02:18:09

Seems fine on my phone, loving the option to use a different nickname. Great idea, it's such a hassle trying to change it on a phone. Cheers tech!

Ledkr Tue 10-Sep-13 02:23:59

I like that option too and it does look slightly different to me.

FruOla Tue 10-Sep-13 07:04:47

The font seems the same, but the spacing looks slightly different.

WayHarshTai Tue 10-Sep-13 07:06:25

You've bloody changed it! The spacing is all kerflewy and it does THINGS when you post.

<sulk>

FruOla Tue 10-Sep-13 07:12:33

Ah, so the option to use a different nickname only happens if you're on the App? I'm on a PC and don't get that option at all.

I quite like the new spacing!

mykingdomforasleep Tue 10-Sep-13 07:14:21

OP posts are no longer a fetching lavender but have my lavender as borders and are infilled with MNHQ blue...

SoupDragon Tue 10-Sep-13 07:26:33

My first thought this morning was that the font had changed. The spacing is different I think - maybe that's made it look different.

Slainte Tue 10-Sep-13 07:29:04

Font looks like it's changed to me too.

RustyBear Tue 10-Sep-13 07:32:09

I've been thinking the font was different - went so far as to look for a screenshot I'd taken previously to compare. My eyes aren't at their best at this time of the morning, but something does look different - I think it must be the spacing too.

SoupDragon Tue 10-Sep-13 07:33:33

I think the line spacing is bigger, there is a bigger gap between the post and the blue bar above and below it and perhaps more margin at the edges.

Tee2072 Tue 10-Sep-13 07:41:48

Yes. The leading has changed for sure.

I want add a file option on the desktop version! ::throws strop::

Sorry, haven't had brew yet.

YoniBottsBumgina Tue 10-Sep-13 07:47:38

I think it's the spacing too - the line spacing deffo, there's a bigger margin, possibly the leading also as Tee says, and the whole effect is making the font look different - more rounded and slightly squashed/stretched sideways.

I don't like it ( It looks nursery schoolish.

If you want a comparison, the text in the sidebar (Recipe of the week, find your local site) is as close as it used to be.

YoniBottsBumgina Tue 10-Sep-13 07:48:15

Oh and that was weird, got a popup for a split second when I clicked "Post Message" but then it went away again before I could even see what it said.

MinesAPintOfTea Tue 10-Sep-13 08:59:59

There's more spacing between the lines and the font might be a size bigger (although that could be an illusion due to the line spacing).

TheFallenNinja Tue 10-Sep-13 09:24:43

Aesthetic changes are never well received. smile

SoupDragon Tue 10-Sep-13 09:33:53

I think it looks fine - no complaints from me smile I just noticed it immediately.

RustyBear Tue 10-Sep-13 09:35:06

I don't mind it at all either - I just needed confirmation that it wasn't my eyes...

NoComet Tue 10-Sep-13 09:37:27

What does choose file do?

Pascha Tue 10-Sep-13 09:37:35

It looks ok but I don't like the font. I can live with it though. Don't like the op being so pale on the phone. I would prefer it a strong colour. Hot pink maybe?

MinesAPintOfTea Tue 10-Sep-13 09:39:48

It would be better if the whole site was the same, but I presume that's a work in progress.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now