Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

So how much time IS good for sex in your opinion - 45 mins (or less or more)?

(59 Posts)
Fizzfiend Tue 06-Jan-09 17:30:58

Reading the thread about lack of libido I was interested to see that someone said that 45 mins foreplay was normal for them. I always feel guilty if DP spends too much time trying to get me going. But is this normal...I do think that women take a long time to warm up properly. How much time does your DP/DH spend on foreplay?

Lauriefairyonthetreeeatscake Tue 06-Jan-09 17:32:34

about 20-25 minutes - then we are very good to go smile

My dh would love to do foreplay on me for hours - I never feel guilty at how much time he spends appreciating my bod wink

Picante Tue 06-Jan-09 17:33:07

Usually get it done in an ad break. grin

Weegle Tue 06-Jan-09 17:33:20

ooh approximately 30 seconds - 6 minutes I should think! grin

TWINSETinapeartree Tue 06-Jan-09 17:34:50

I actually don't have a clue, have never felt the inclination to time it.

cazboldy Tue 06-Jan-09 17:35:16

sometimes 5 mins , sometimes 20.... depends on if either of us are tired, kids waking up etc etc etc

and even if it's quick - you can always do it again later wink

LuckySalem Tue 06-Jan-09 17:36:07

Ok now i'm feeling really blush I meant he wants to spend 45 mins on the sex part not the foreplay part thats normally pretty quick. I wish he'd spend more time on foreplay.......

snigger Tue 06-Jan-09 17:36:39

I usually get my arse slapped while I'm fishing socks from under random beds - that tends to be all the forewarning I get.

I'm as bad though - DH particularly appreciates my Les Dawson "Knickers Knackers Knockers" impression.

MarlaSinger Tue 06-Jan-09 17:37:33

Depends how much time we have - half an hour will do, an hour is great, longer than that and I like scheduled refreshment breaks.

45 minutes on he actual in and out part??shock

not sure what i find more shocking-the thought of the sore chafing or his stayng power!!!

OneLieIn Tue 06-Jan-09 17:38:05

Whatever I can get grin

MinkyBorage Tue 06-Jan-09 17:38:37

omg, we generally have the whole thing over with within 10 mins!45 mins??? I wouldn't just be dealing with an orgasm, but a heart attack if h spent 45 mins on foreplay!

sarah293 Tue 06-Jan-09 17:39:08

Message withdrawn

45 minutes on foreplay is fine-it's just the idea of 45 minutes on the in and out bit that makes my mind boggle!

minky-10 mins for everything? really? or is that a joke?

don't abandon this thread! 10 mins for everything minky???

LuckySalem Tue 06-Jan-09 17:48:28

45 mins (UPTO I'll TELL YOU - this isn't always happening all the time just alot of it) on the in and out bit.

BouncingTurtle Tue 06-Jan-09 17:49:03

I'm pretty sure me and Dh can get the job done in 10mins...

BitOfFun Tue 06-Jan-09 17:52:23

It totally varies- can be 5 minutes whole thing done and dusted or a couple of hours sometimes (usually when I am very drunk and filthygrin) Completely depends on what mood you're in I think.

Fizzfiend Tue 06-Jan-09 17:54:51

I figure most people have around a 10 min time on the "in and out bit!" LOL

But really what interests me is the foreplay stuff. Like I said I always feel guilty like it's taking too long, but it seems like a few of you have 20-45 mins of it. I might have to stop feeling guilty!

LuckySalem Tue 06-Jan-09 17:56:24

I'd stop feeling guilty!! I'm gonna be talking to DP about changing the timing around abit. lol

luckysalemshock
do you not get sore?

surely the fore[play should last as long as possible? isn't that the best bit? kind of the main meal before the pudding? iyswim?

LuckySalem Tue 06-Jan-09 18:02:33

No cos although it could take that long he's always trying to please me so he wants to change it around alot and change the speeds, style etc (I can't believe I'm posting this!!) so it doesn't feel sore.

I just dont enjoy it cos it doesn't do it for me, I prefer the foreplay.

well-good on him for having the staying poewr i suppose...

grin
it's a very funny thing to be talking about isn'tit?

god i miss dhsad

LuckySalem Tue 06-Jan-09 18:04:54

MMJ sad

oh he'll be back tomorrow night.

and i'll be waiting

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now