Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Why are so many people up at this hour? Thread 2

(1000 Posts)
izzyizin Sun 03-Mar-13 23:30:59

Previous thread: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/relationships/1669515-Why-are-so-many-people-up-at-this-hour

This is what happens, jynier grin

Continue uninterrupted....

MrsShrek3 Tue 12-Mar-13 05:22:59

dunno either, daisy. I think the "me" frequency in my brain switched off about June last yearhmm I know I'm permanently worried/stressed/varying degrees of downers, but nothing more specific than that, as I am sure you know as are in the same boat. no fine tuning or understanding it whatsoever iyswim. resorting to robot strategies to get thru each day.

MrsShrek3 Tue 12-Mar-13 05:24:29

would it help to spill the worries either here or on the"other" thread?

God, it is the same. i can't even remember what I like to eat anymore. Wish I knew someone in RL with the same worries; somehow it'd make it less lonely. Are you back at work?

MrsShrek3 Tue 12-Mar-13 05:30:04

yes but struggling and pretending not to be hmm sigh
you?

MrsShrek3 Tue 12-Mar-13 05:33:25

I'm going making tea and toast, brb

We both are. And I am now certain I can smell a dog poo wafting up from downstairs. FFS. They never have night time accidents. I am going to have to go and sort it out.

Grim, grim, grim.

Midwife99 Tue 12-Mar-13 07:11:42

Hi Saltpig - welcome! Yes we do have laughs & banter but also quite a lot of sharing & support for each other. Life's downs certainly do affect sleep & night time worrying is a common theme here.

Hi to everyone else - because I slept for only 2 hours Sunday night I was a out of it last night!!

MrsShrek3 Tue 12-Mar-13 18:41:21

envy midwife

mabongwen Tue 12-Mar-13 19:18:48

hey all, I posted I couldn't sleep and then passed out fast asleep before I could read the replies ha!

My night terrors aren't anything specific or recurring, different ones each night. Hoping for a nice sleep tonight as I have important meetings tomorrow.

I am not eating after eight and will have a warm glass of milk to go to sleep, see if that helps smile

Minimammoth Tue 12-Mar-13 20:17:17

I had a good sleep, possibly influenced by antihystemine. It's still B. freezing here, have been wearing fingerless mittens in the 'office' < at home dining table> all day. I hope you have a calm safe night mabongwen I used to enjoy a bit of dream interpretation.

jynier Tue 12-Mar-13 23:24:58

Very surprised that I have upset people on another thread!

MrsShrek3 Wed 13-Mar-13 00:08:43

ooh are you ok jy?

cafecito Wed 13-Mar-13 00:09:40

hello all

hello newbies

hello hello

jynier I haven't seen thread in question, but can't think you'd ever really upset anyone ! Some people can't handle honesty very well words on a screen etc etc. I do see a lot of threads where people post for support and advice, or ask opinions, then can't actually handle any honest replies they receive

hope everyone's okay this evening smile

cafecito Wed 13-Mar-13 00:12:10

hello mrsshrek how are you? I have yet to do any of my work for tomorrow's first thing in the morning session, and have to seriously overhaul my apartment (no, I STILL haven't done it despite writing about it for weeks) as gas man and various contractors are coming over tomorrow pm and as it stands, I won't be home, and they won't be able to get in the door due to piles of random chaos

<gah> where to start

cafecito Wed 13-Mar-13 00:13:54

have emptied DS's room.. into the hallway confused why oh why I have done this, I do not know

hmm. I have put some magazines... and framed photographs.. into the kitchen cupboards confused

I am not very good at this

there is stuff everywhere

Sirzy Wed 13-Mar-13 00:16:02

Can anyone join? I have just got back from A and E with DS who is now hyper from steroids - I foresee another long night!

jynier Wed 13-Mar-13 00:25:05

Hi, cafe and MrsShrek3 - It's a post which starts "Heart thumping ..."

I thought that I was being helpful, supportive and informative; apparently not the case!

Good luck, cafe! I expect that everything will miracuously be sorted out before the arrival of the contractors!

MrsShrek3 Wed 13-Mar-13 00:34:10

hi sirzy. the more the merrier heregrin
jynier i just can't imagine you offending anyoneconfused yy to words on screen that cafe says. don't let it bother you pleasesmile

cafe...lots to do?!
me? had a rubbish day tbh. need someone to talk to but no clue who. had a crying day - at work too blush had to keep hiding. sigh.

mabongwen Wed 13-Mar-13 00:41:08

evening all, looks liek I will be up till the early hours. Me and DH have had a argument and I am annoyed at him so have the hump lol

jyner Don't worry about it, people can be fickle.

Sirzy good luck, I dont envy you at all. Hope he is ok though, A and E sounds serious sad

caf just make enough room for them to come in and just say "oh im sorting out DS room" sorry for the chaos. They wont mind.

MrsShrek Hope you are ok, don't worry about crying in work, we are all human and have feelings. Don't worry about it [hugs]

MrsShrek3 Wed 13-Mar-13 00:44:21

liking mab's solution for cafe's mess. do that and blame the ds wink

Btw I'm not human. I'm an ogre grin lol

jynier Wed 13-Mar-13 00:45:33

Hi, Sirzy!

Hope that your DS is ok now. What happened? Why were you in A & E? No need to reply if I am being too intrusive.

Best wishes, x

jynier Wed 13-Mar-13 00:50:50

MrsShrek3 - You can share with us; we like ogres!!! Best wishes, x

MrsShrek3 Wed 13-Mar-13 00:51:53

the thing about having a downer day in work is that there are loads of nosey bitches who gossip people wonder what's going on. And I haven't told em. A few know about DH but vast majority don't. sorry for ramble.

mabongwen Wed 13-Mar-13 00:56:52

MrsShrek fear not let the nosey,gossiping,weird people guessing. It's your life you have no need to share with them. When I broke down in tears at work over something the rumour mill was in overdrive and I just left them to it. I saw no reason to need to tell people who had no real reason to know except to satisfy their curtain twitching habit.

MrsShrek3 Wed 13-Mar-13 01:02:14

I got some results back from a test, something we shall broadly describe as "women's problems" <deliberately vague> and it's derailed me. I dont have much resilience atm, mainly owing to being emotionally exhausted by nine months of cancer journey with DH and further to go before things improve. it's crap sad sorry for rambling here. wouldn't normally do it. must get a grip.

This thread is not accepting new messages.