Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Hmmmm, about DHs reaction to vaginas. Opinions pease?

(74 Posts)
fluffyraggies Mon 11-Feb-13 20:13:35

http://www.greatwallofvagina.co.uk/home

Just shown DH the above image (prompted by a thread in AIBU), with the intention of saying 'look, what a good thing, to show that not all women are the same' sort of thing.

Before i could say anything he looked at it and said 'ugh'. 'Eww', in fact, and pulled a face.

I'm hmm and sad that that was his gut reaction. I told him as much, and we bickered.

I know this isn't a big deal, but i think it's a shame. I'm feeling a bit uncomfortable about it tbh. Isn't it a bit odd of him? My gut reaction to an image of a penis isn't 'ugh'.

chillinwithmyyonis Thu 27-Jun-13 18:01:45

How is a wall of white plaster 'ugh'? They represent the shape but not the colour, texture or presence of pubic hair, you have to look at the close-ups to really see what its all about. I'd say your dh's response is a bit grumpy-old-man but not grounds to ltb.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Thu 27-Jun-13 17:29:09

Ithinkoffluffy what quote is that? I don't think comparing a woman to a "filly at a gate" is very nice.

SonOfAradia Thu 27-Jun-13 17:24:25

Women's bits are absolutely beautiful and I could look at them for hours.

Been a big fan since I was in my teens ;-)

A big thanks to all of you out there! Mwah!

lottieandmia Thu 27-Jun-13 17:12:04

oh no not another zombie thread hmm

lottieandmia Thu 27-Jun-13 17:10:01

I can't see anything - what link is it? I think I may have seen this some time ago though.

GiveItYourBestShot Thu 27-Jun-13 17:05:07

An eclectic collection of erections wink

orangeandemons Thu 27-Jun-13 16:52:45

Or fanjos, or foods. Or a muddle of muffs blush

A 'fresco of fannies' grin

orangeandemons Thu 27-Jun-13 16:44:26

OooohI a new game... Concophony of cocks, collection of cocks, cluster of cocks, wall of wangs, placard of,penii, etc etc. Like wall of wangs best, although shimmer of schlongs could be good.

< wanders off>

widowerbutok Thu 27-Jun-13 16:39:11

Just read through this as it was near the start...for the 1st time for a long time here, i laughed out loud. "sit on his face and ask him to go 'ugh' (or words to that effect) so funny. Ty for brightening a dull day.

GiveItYourBestShot Thu 27-Jun-13 16:32:36

Note to self...check date before posting.

GiveItYourBestShot Thu 27-Jun-13 16:31:25

Like a filly at a gate? Blimey....I don't want anyone trying to feed mine polo mints!

ChippingInWiredOnCoffee Thu 27-Jun-13 16:27:47

Oh well, harmless thread to resurrect I suppose.

My first reaction was 'urgh' but actually it's quite fascinating - so much variety!! teaches you to be a tad grateful for what you have as well

GetStuffezd Thu 27-Jun-13 16:21:21

Well, I think he probably typed "vagina" into the search box... Bit tragic, really.

ZolaBuddleia Thu 27-Jun-13 16:18:42

Blimey, that must take a bit of energy, going back through threads to find something to resurrect.

<whispers>
They're still not pretty.

GetStuffezd Thu 27-Jun-13 15:52:44

baronsamedi is a troll who's been bumping threads and spouting anti woman bollocks for a while.

BeautifulBlondePineapple Thu 27-Jun-13 15:52:34

damn. someone is getting their jollies in a weird way today.

Fenton Thu 27-Jun-13 15:50:22

weird Zombie thread to bump innit?

BeautifulBlondePineapple Thu 27-Jun-13 15:50:15

Show him these as well and let us know his reaction. Please!

imgur.com/g2IWc

ZolaBuddleia Thu 27-Jun-13 15:47:22

Yep, it's no accident that our growlers were put where we don't have to look at them.

baronsamedi88 Thu 27-Jun-13 15:44:15

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

fluffyraggies Tue 12-Feb-13 15:57:41

There is a wall of willies!

I can't do a link, but Google 'wall of willies' - Images, if you're interested.

Aaanyway. I want to thank you all for a bit of perspective. It's been interesting grin 'Love cleft' made me laugh and so did the fishy salty rock pool poem!

My self esteem is very brittle and i tend to look for problems where there is none. Bit PMT'y right now as well, so i'll put it down to that smile

LadyRainicorn Tue 12-Feb-13 15:43:01

I didn't go eww, but I don't like genitals male or female. The wall was interesting, especially the sheer variety. And the piercings looked like boils!

I also dislike feet. And toes. Ewwww.

bumhead Tue 12-Feb-13 08:00:48

I agree with Karlos.

I am frankly shocked by the amount with piercings. And yes, disembodied vulvas are ugly. I think mine is pretty ace after seeing this. I mean really when people go to see this exhibition all they will be doing is saying 'Ooh thats a good one' and 'Urgh! That one's fucking dreadful!'
And men's peni look like plucked chickens.

aurynne Tue 12-Feb-13 07:15:51

I am a student midwife. Doesn't stop me from thinking that male and, especially, female genitalia are quite ugly. And yes, my reaction to the Great Wall of Vagina was also "ugh!".

Reproduction is fascinating, but the organs themselves are ugly as hell...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now