Culvert operations in Ambridge - discuss The Archers here. It's not his baby by the way.

(961 Posts)
PseudoBadger Wed 06-May-15 09:41:10

Is Ed's wedding very soon?

BitOutOfPractice Wed 06-May-15 09:46:11

First post?

BitOutOfPractice Wed 06-May-15 09:46:29

Ha! That's made my day that has. It's the simple things...

ppeatfruit Wed 06-May-15 10:28:13

Yes it looks like it BOOP grin flowers also flowers to Psuedo for doing the job so efficiently

ppeatfruit Wed 06-May-15 10:29:23

Have they actually mentioned the date of the wedding ? Anyone?

ppeatfruit Wed 06-May-15 10:30:34

You could see Charlie's eyes light up when Ed mentioned 2 more blokes coming to Ambridge!

BuildYourOwnSnowman Wed 06-May-15 10:48:54

Nice snappy title!

BoreOfWhabylon Wed 06-May-15 11:04:32

Thank you Pseudo

I find myself wondering about Scruff. I wouldn't have been surprised if they'd discovered his poor body blocking the culvert, but no.

Why have the scripties just vanished him? Perhaps he's not dead at all and Lynda will be involved in a tug-of-love SL when he is found ensconced with rescuers.

ZeroFunDame Wed 06-May-15 11:05:58

Excellent! Thanks Pseudo.flowers

Now that Ethan has hatched there's a vacancy for the next pregnancy story. Alice or Fallon the most obvious, but I'd so love it to be Kirstie. And not Helen.

ZeroFunDame Wed 06-May-15 11:09:47

Yes, Scruff does seem like a story yet to be resolved BOW.

enochroot Wed 06-May-15 11:35:19

A nice fresh thread! Thank you.

I think Scruff's Return would be lovely.

BuildYourOwnSnowman Wed 06-May-15 12:06:58

I fear Toby fair brother may turn pips head and she will stick around

minkGrundy Wed 06-May-15 12:31:35

Scruff was mentioned the other day. every time i here 'it must have got washed in here by the flood' I expect a gruesome discovery sad

WipsGlitter Wed 06-May-15 12:35:57

I like the idea of new characters setting the geese among the ducks!

How long before Charlie and Adam get together properly?

squeaver Wed 06-May-15 13:34:20

Aw, poor wee Charlie hobbling around the village desperately trying to get a message to Adam.

Yes, when IS the wedding? I'm predicting that everything will suddenly look good for Clarrie as Fallon successfully up-junks the sideboard and finds her a nice vintage frock while Ed decides at the last minute to make Will his best man.

"Oh Eddie, this is the happiest day of my life" she will sigh. Just as Knob and Charlie discover that Ed has been responsible for Tall Rachel uncovering their culvert conspiracy....

ppeatfruit Wed 06-May-15 13:46:47

Squeaver Will has refused to be the best man, it was discussed by Eddie snr. that's why Ed. has asked his dad very sweetly I thought!

squeaver Wed 06-May-15 13:57:07

Oh I missed that bit. Not surprising of course, but then who is Eddie hinting at? Jazzer?

LillianGish Wed 06-May-15 14:09:49

trevortrevor if you are still on here, I had exactly the same experience as you when I came back from a week away last week. I looked forward to tuning in and catching up - getting back to the Ambridge that I know and love after a short break. It doesn't feel like the same the programme - and that seems more apparent somehow after taking a break. I'm thinking you probably missed our whole EastEnderisation discussion on the previous thread. I wonder if Sock is winning himself any new listeners with his new approach? Thanks Pseudo for the new thread. That's what's keeping me listening at the moment - all my chums on here. flowers

ErrolTheDragon Wed 06-May-15 15:54:47

It's not all EE - not that I've watched it for decades, but I doubt they do competitive birdwatching. Anyone else think Christine is going to round up a ladies' team and beat Jim and Robert? I don't think she was going to take 'dilettante' lying down...

Minimammoth Wed 06-May-15 16:04:30

Yes Errol. Go team Christine. I can't bear the thought of a baby for Helen and Rob. Pip?

ZeroFunDame Wed 06-May-15 16:11:23

My latest speculation regards the twins - either Lily upduffed or Freddie with a girlfriend.

trevortrevorslatterfry Wed 06-May-15 16:33:18

Hey Lillian yes I'm here smile. I think I prefer the thread now so will abstain from listening unless it sounds too interesting not to tune in - best of both worlds I think!

Yes I was looking forward to being welcomed back by the old faithful programme and when I couldn't immediately get into it I took the opportunity to turn off and spare myself. (sorry BOOP!)

Thanks for the new thread by the way flowers

BuildYourOwnSnowman Wed 06-May-15 16:38:49

Don't say that zero

My greatest fear (after pip staying) is a Romeo and Juliet style story between a fair brother and lil but I ruled that out in the basis she is too young

ErrolTheDragon Wed 06-May-15 16:50:53

She's in yr10 which may mean she's been studying Romeo and Juliet and love poems!

enochroot Wed 06-May-15 17:47:28

We've heard nothing about Johnnie's love life since he chatted to Tilly Button on bonfire night.

I want to hear Elizabeth's rage if Freddie falls for Tilly and Lily falls for Johnnie.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now