Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Babyjogger Deluxe Carrycot 2014

(42 Posts)
sarah8110 Sat 08-Nov-14 08:53:00

We have decided to get the BabyJogger Citi Mini GT for our newborn when she arrives and are trying to decide between the Compact CarryCot and the new Deluxe 2014 CarryCot. We like the look of the bigger, cosier Deluxe Carrycot, especially for a winter baby (ours is due in January) but are unable to find any shops near us (London) that stock it, and are are reluctant to spend the money without seeing how it works/fits. Does anyone have the Deluxe CarryCot with the Citi Mini GT and are they happy with it? Is it harder to fit on/take off than the Compact one?

moggle Sat 08-Nov-14 09:19:54

I have this, (with the city mini
GT) but still waiting for DC1 to arrive so haven't used it properly yet apart from to push around with the cat in the basket... I can't compare it to the compact but it is easy to get it on and off, I can do it with my 9m bump easily (but nothing in the carrycot). It is a bit stiff to get the hood down but it is already getting easier so think that'll be fine once in use. Looks wise it is fab- nice and high, the interior is lovely and plush compared to the compact, and the coloured fabric is Lycra type so looks really nice although am interested to see how it stands up to rain- was hoping not to have to use a plastic raincover too much as it is very cosy with the hood right over and the apron thingy right up.

Let me find a photo to post... If you are anywhere near woking you can come see it if you want?!

sarah8110 Sat 08-Nov-14 13:29:58

Thanks so much, that is very useful. If you wouldn't mind posting a picture, that would be amazing!

todayiamfat Sat 08-Nov-14 13:45:40

I had the delux carrycot on my bjcm (4 yr old version-new carrycot for dc2).
I loved it!

You can place the brackets for it lower down than the picks suggest online. Otherwise it is quite high up! It used to stick at first when trying to put the cot on the brackets and take it off. But after a few months was fine.

My dc2 was prem and used it for 12 months! I couldn't have used the normal pushchair seat as she would have slid through. It was very roomy. She could probably still fit at nearly 20 mths (but is a teeny titch).
Best thing i bought 2nd time around. And it looked so much nicer than the compact one. I used to fit the normal bjcm raincover over it fine.

moggle Sat 08-Nov-14 15:05:05

Here are a few- if you want any particular ones let me know and I can take some more.

lentilpot Sat 08-Nov-14 15:50:53

We have the compact carrycot (the versa one, but it's the same except the brackets) and it's really awful, DS was kicking through the apron by about 8 weeks! It's really not very cosy either. At 12 weeks we moved him into the main seat with a sola city wedge.

sarah8110 Mon 10-Nov-14 15:28:45

Thanks so much for all the advice and the pictures. I'm going with the Deluxe!

moggle Mon 17-Nov-14 21:47:39

Don't know if you'll see this but can't resist adding a few pics of our gorgeous new DD in the GT with deluxe carrycot. This was our first trip out of the house, she's 4 days old in the pics and was 7lb1 at birth. Snowsuit kind of masks the size of her though!!

sarah8110 Tue 18-Nov-14 08:15:42

Huge congratulations! She is gorgeous and looks so snuggly in the deluxe carrycot!

lentilpot Tue 18-Nov-14 19:11:12

Congratulations! She's perfect! Such a snuggly carrycot too- very jealous!

shelleyjm Sun 04-Jan-15 16:10:21

hopefully not too late to this thread, but I have a (probably very stupid) question to ask...

have looked at what feels like every buggy on the market and the mini gt seems to tick all the boxes, what I'm not sure on is what kind of handles the deluxe carry cot has (nobody has them in stock locally), is it just the handle that is part of the sun shade or does it have separate material hand straps tucked away somewhere?

CaptainMorgansMistress Sun 04-Jan-15 22:22:21

No material hand straps on the deluxe carrycot but the two plastic adapters on the sides where it fits onto the chassis are handle shaped in addition to the handle cut out on the hood.

I haven't used mine yet with a baby in - does anyone know if the hood handle is strong enough to safely move carrycot around with baby in?

rumbuba Mon 05-Jan-15 11:37:38

I've also been trying to find out if the deluxe can be carried by the hood handle with baby in... No luck so far so I will email babyjogger and post their reply here. Mine arrives today, so excited! No baby for another month though so can't "test" it yet smile

shelleyjm Mon 05-Jan-15 12:51:54

We've also emailed baby jogger, no reply yet. Do you have a suitable sized cat to try with? :D

moggle Mon 05-Jan-15 14:14:57

I've been carrying DD in it by the hood handle- she's in the pictures above but now she's 11lb if not more. Surely it's made to be carried this way?! - never crossed my mind otherwise. You can also carry it by the plastic side handles by the adapters which is as convenient.

shelleyjm Mon 05-Jan-15 22:05:14

That's good to know. fyi, I haven't got a reason to think that you can't carry via the hood handle, I've just not found a display model to look at.

rumbuba Thu 08-Jan-15 16:57:53

I received an email today to say they would pass my query to the relevant department. Why would they not just put something like this in the manual?
Not testing with neighbour's cat as he pees when over excited, and this pram is pretty exciting, not risking it haha!

egan6677 Thu 05-Feb-15 13:11:16

Hi, I am also looking at the BJCM GT, and the new deluxe carrycot looks lovely. Can I ask in the pictures above, it looks as though you can remove the original seat unit?? I have seen pictures of a carrycot attached, but it is on top of the standard seat. Is this correct?

Thanks

moggle Thu 05-Feb-15 18:42:46

You can remove the seat fabric to put the carrycot on, yes. Well actually if you buy it new the fabric is separate to the frame so you just don't put it on and keep it for later. That's what I did in my pics above.

egan6677 Fri 06-Feb-15 22:06:08

Ah thanks @moggie. I do like the look of them, but don't think they look that great when they are perched on the top of the main seat unit!. Also, I notice there is not harness in these carrycots?

I already have the Silvercross surf, from my first born, but wanted an easier fold pushchair this time, and the carrycot means I can have new baby facing me!

moggle Fri 06-Feb-15 22:57:36

No harness in the carrycot, no. But they are just lying there. I don't think most carrycots have harnesses these days? Think they're not meant to be used really once the baby can move around enough that it'd be a necessity.
When I was little I sat on a little seat on top of my baby brother's pram carrycot!

sallystaple Thu 23-Apr-15 13:33:12

Hi
I know they are called BABY JOGGER, but I see on most of the models it says "not suitable for jogging" has anyone tried with the standard strollers?
I am planning on getting one, but also want to lose some of the extra flabby bits, so wanted to go jogging with them.
thanks

moggle Thu 23-Apr-15 15:16:42

Baby jogger is the brand name - they started out making just running strollers but they make lots of others now. The versa, city minis etc aren't for running with. And you def can't run with a baby in carrycot! Have a look on their website to see which ones are made for jogging.

jegular Sat 25-Apr-15 07:09:44

Hi all,I'm going to get the city jogger GT too but didnt know the other carry cot existed.i can't see the deluxe picture could someone send me pics or re post?! Thanks!!xx

moggle Sat 25-Apr-15 12:29:53

I have reposted one of them that is still on my phone - will try to remember next time I'm on the laptop to find the others but it may never happen, sorry! Have also added a pic of DD in it at 4.5m and about 14lb but the carrycot isn't that clear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now