10 nearly 11 yo DS - temper & moods

(80 Posts)
grants1000 Thu 24-Jan-13 19:20:56

He flies off the handle at the slightest thing, in fact a bit like a toddler, he won't listen, he takes ages to calm down, he freaks basically. I am on here now as he is flipping his lid about getting ready for Scouts as he does not want to go as he's now had enough time on his X-Box, which we agree he can go on after homework and tea. I did not get any Cheerios either today as I for got and freak central, shouting, slamming doors. You can't reason, talk or do anything with him. Everything is so unfair/not correct etc etc When he is punished eg:P taking away x-box or ipod he will go on and and on about it, won't shut up about it, keeps on pecking in me and DH, I had to leave the house on Sunday as I was going to go insane.

What is this? The beginning of puberty? What can we do?

bubby64 Mon 13-May-13 14:46:13

Sorry OP, you are now entering that warzone known as puberty, I have 2x 12yr old DSs, and we hsve had this gor the past year or do, and have been reliably informed I have a good few years of it to ho yet.sad I found - [[ http://www.amazon.co.uk/Get-Out-My-Life-First/dp/1846680875 this]] book very good at trying yo grt inside thrir headswink

bubby64 Mon 13-May-13 14:48:51

Sorry, linky didn't work
this book

bubby64 Mon 13-May-13 14:50:36

Also, sorry about spelling mistakes, using my pad, and the keys are small and easily transposed.

5madthings Mon 13-May-13 15:00:55

Oh this is ds2 he will be 11 in july. Its exhausting but entirely normal. The best thing is just sending him to his room to calm.down as you cant reason with him etc when he gets in a mood.

Ds1 is coming up for 14 and he can be moody etc but never like this. I feel like ds1 is giving us a fairly easy introduction to parenting a teen and ds2 will be the one to break us... He can be lovely as well tho...

timetosmile Mon 13-May-13 15:12:38

ah - solidarity - isn't it great! just knowing we're all in this together makes things better smile

Please read 'teenagers!' by Rob Parsons. It is the most life affirming parenting book I have ever found.

www.careforthefamily.org.uk/resources/product.asp?productid=1156&catcode=37

www.careforthefamily.org.uk/resources/category.asp?catcode=37 on dvd too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now