Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

11 weeks (ish) and craving a glass of wine

(147 Posts)
LittleMrsExpecting Sat 16-Feb-13 17:55:17

Hi everyone, I am 11-12 weeks pregnant and although normally am not a big drinker am dying for a glass of wine. Have people been having the odd glass or abstaining from wine full stop? x

beckie90 Mon 18-Feb-13 21:11:03

My green notes from midwife says it is advised not to drink in pregnancy, but if you choose to do so, you can have 1-2 units once or twice a week.

It's a personal choice some choose to some dont, its as simple as that, just because one wouldn't shouldn't mean another can't. and I don't think 1 small glass of wine would be harmful and cause FAS. These discussions always get way out of hand.

OP what about a little bit of wine topped up with lemonade?

Purplecatti Mon 18-Feb-13 22:02:26

I craved real ale like mad when I was heavily pregnant. I never liked it before. I've been told since that hops helps breast milk. I don't know if it's true or not.
I couldn't drink whilst pregnant, even a quarter of a glass got me smashed. Plus I just badly craved a cigarette. But I wowould have given anything for a big yeasty pint of dark brown beer with a big foamy head on it

redredwine84 Tue 19-Feb-13 13:48:25

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Dannilion Tue 19-Feb-13 15:50:36

Wow redwine. Just...Wow. hmm

PetiteRaleuse Tue 19-Feb-13 15:53:00

hmm

Angry, much?

ExpatAl Tue 19-Feb-13 16:32:48

Aw, I'm a bit sorry the long ranty post has gone.

Coconutty Tue 19-Feb-13 16:38:44

I think the last post by redred was awful. The user name says it all though, doesn't it? Glad it was deleted, hope other people reported it like I did.

beckie90 Tue 19-Feb-13 16:41:25

Ooh dear what was said there lol

ExpatAl Tue 19-Feb-13 16:44:52

No I didn't bother reporting it. It was just rambling and pointless insults that weren't even good enough to be insults. And I think you get deleted for talking about a deleted post do you?

redredwine84 Tue 19-Feb-13 16:56:58

Well I got called an alcoholic by some judgemental cow, what would you do? I'd report her comment but quite frankly I have a life!
Coconutty?? You think the name says it all?? LMAO.
Report this.... Redred thinks i'm sad sap and I should just go fuck myself : )

Dannilion Tue 19-Feb-13 17:09:09

www.netmums.com

I think the above is more suited to your emotional maturity and intelligence level hunni redwine.

PetiteRaleuse Tue 19-Feb-13 17:11:54

Nah, I didn't report. I'm fairly sure LeBFG isn't losing any sleep over this

redredwine84 Tue 19-Feb-13 17:19:33

Haha, never seen so many people so far up their own asses on here. Your that self involved and have a little gang mentality, if your sat typing all day and watching posts why aren't you working or looking after your kids? I think they call it .... neglect hunni : ) MWAH

ExpatAl Tue 19-Feb-13 17:26:08

Don't worry about my kids. They're safely locked in the cellar.

Coconutty Tue 19-Feb-13 17:31:27

redred deep breaths, you're obviously having a bad day.

FAS is horrifying, spend an hour with a child who has it and be so flippant.

I'd rather be a sad sap than an ignorant cunt.smile

redredwine84 Tue 19-Feb-13 17:54:49

Oh thanks for the link, i joined and have posted that coconutty on mumsnet thinks all members of Netmums have low mentality and intelligence, i'll let them take it up with you, attached a link to this post so it can be seen too! : ) Also it seems that anyone on here who told OP not to worry about having a little wine is an alcoholic. Wow, you really have done a good job of slating hundreds of parents!
My cunt isn't ignorant ; )

Coconutty Tue 19-Feb-13 17:59:00

What's Netmums? Don't get it?

Coconutty Tue 19-Feb-13 18:01:58

Oh, okay, I think I know what you mean but sadly you are mistaken (again) and have confused me with someone else.

TMI re your cunt though...

ExpatAl Tue 19-Feb-13 18:03:25

Don't worry cocunutty, redwine has trouble in attributing posts to names.

TinkyPeet Tue 19-Feb-13 19:15:47

Seriously. Are you adults? Because you're acting like children. Pathetic arguments on a forum because you didn't like other people's opinions or advice? Is it not time to just leave it now?

redredwine84 Tue 19-Feb-13 19:29:44

You mentioned my cunt first, I was only being polite : )
yes, very childish indeed I can only apologise to the nice people who have read this xx

LeBFG Tue 19-Feb-13 19:30:21

Just caught up and haven't even read the deleted post sad...oh well <shrugs shoulders>.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now