Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant with no. 3 / 4 / 5..?! Thread #2

(395 Posts)
LimeLeafLizard Tue 13-Nov-12 16:46:16

If you're pregnant with your third / fourth / fifth DC, come and chat.

This probably should be in antenatal clubs now (?) but I wanted to post this in the same place as the old thread so we can all find it!

Here is the old thread

beeingfruitful Sun 24-Feb-13 15:28:19

Aw thank you Lands, that's kind of you. So sorry that you've had 3 mcs. sad So hard. How are you feeling so far in this pg?

Oodsigma Sun 24-Feb-13 15:59:41

Hi everyone sorry have been a bit slack lately.

Congrats to all the babies ( is there a PN thread yet?) & new bfps. Wow beeing at number 11!

I've 11 sleeps until baby now & have ordered new car( coming approx when baby does hmm and had cleaners in to nest for me as I can't do anything like that and it's stressed me. Had a practice run at my mum putting dd3 to bed which didn't go we'll as we were back before she was tired but don't see it being much of a problem. Dh has managed to arrange his work/leave so he's off for four weeks from next weekend so that'll be v good as I've loads of appointments this week and next and bed a chauffeur and it means I can use a chair rather than just crutches which rights off the next day.

Oodsigma Sun 24-Feb-13 16:01:05

pink I've a 13 , 11and 2 year olds so similar.

LandsN Sun 24-Feb-13 16:16:11

I am not to bad so far only 5+3 so still very early days but feel a lot better in myself this time except being very paranoid, just hope this time is successful as I won't try again for my sanity and my dc's sake they need me to b happy and healthy going to hurry the consultant along tomorrow so hope that will help only concern is my dd was born in half hour and the hospital is 40 mins away lol might b a home birth if we get that far x

honey86 Sun 24-Feb-13 16:38:40

oohh ill join this thead
4 weeks preg with no.4... have ds1 who is 7, ds2 who is 5 and dd who will be 4 in may smile

Countmyblessings Mon 25-Feb-13 03:22:23

Apple - I can understand about nightshift being better paid! It clearly seems that you can handle it all!
Cherry - well my DH makes jokes about having the op but I know he would never really go through with it he is such a wimp!
I'm 37 weeks and due to have csection on 4th march I'm so totally scared and excited - that dc4 my final lap!!!!! Highs & lows and tears & joy- spd is a bitchhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Heartburn is a dude!!!!!!!!if I could pee and lose weight it wouldn't be so flippin bad!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhh!
I'm in awe of Bee- welcome and hopefully we will win you over with our chats and sharing and being non - judgemental - as I know how people can be so rude and out of order!!!! Love love love big families for others just not me!!! Dc4 but total dc6 in the house - just us alone getting around is hard now needing a 8 seater!!!!!!!!

Congrats and welcome to newbies.

Sams4lo Mon 25-Feb-13 07:27:50

Hello and welcome to all the newbies smile

Sorry not been on for a while not been feeling great sad back to hospital tomorrow for a check up, so hoping my bp is ok as the tablets are knocking me out since they doubled them sad am hoping they don't need increasing again! Feel as if I'm ready to have the baby now, but still got a long way to go sad trying to organise the kids home education, but three are poorly so not getting very far! Think a DVD and sofa day is in order lol x

beeingfruitful Mon 25-Feb-13 22:18:28

Ood and Count not long to go! How are you finding the last few days? Ood sounds like you're so busy, hopefully they should fly! Much sympathy Count on SPD - ouch. sad Thank you for such a lovely welcome. 8 seaters are hard to come by - we had a fab 8 seater Nissan Serena for years till a small altercation with a bollard sent it to car heaven blush but couldn't find another to replace it.
Lands really hope all is still going well, it must be nerve wracking. Home births are fab - can recommend!
Sams excited to meet a fellow home educator! Hope your hospital appointment goes well.

Oodsigma Tue 26-Feb-13 13:32:45

Had a bad day yesterday , hospital wipes me out and was getting BH & painful baby pelvis diving in the waiting area which scared at least one dad-to-be and a student dr. Consultant let me lay on the bed for a whole though she was v sympathetic and has sorted out my post op meds aleeady too. Had first steroid injection & second later but dh is taking me this time in a wheelchair rather than crutches so shouldn't be so sore. Can't wait for him to finish work & take over the rest of the childcare/house stuff as I need to lie down so much.

Sorry moany post again.

Oh Ood poor you sad i'm sorry you're havin such a hard time but at least the end is in sight now and hopefully soon you will b enjoying the prize of lovely new baby cuddles! thanks

Oodsigma Tue 26-Feb-13 17:04:16

Had second steroids this afternoon. 9 days to go!

beeingfruitful Wed 27-Feb-13 08:08:02

Poor Ood, the next few days can't go soon enough.

I'm having a bleed, which is worrying. I'd just started to think that at 10 weeks it was all looking good. sad

Oodsigma Wed 27-Feb-13 08:26:16

Eek, are you getting checked?

beeingfruitful Wed 27-Feb-13 08:33:02

I haven't told anyone I'm expecting yet Ood, so no, I''m working all day and then have lots of children's stuff going on tonight (Scouts etc) so no real chance to do much except wait.....and worry.

Oodsigma Wed 27-Feb-13 08:36:05

Try & speak to a EPU at least then.

Countmyblessings Fri 01-Mar-13 22:28:07

Hi Ladies - just a quick post well I have had the baby Girl on monday night,beautiful! Delivered by csection within 15 mins!!!!
6lbs 4 oz loads of dark hair, feeding well and very peaceful!
Home yesterday and just finding the way of getting around with 6weeks of recovery! Not being able to be on my side and get on with things is annoying but hopefully will fly past!!!!

Pinkbump3 Fri 01-Mar-13 23:30:32

Thanks for the welcome everyone congratulations on all the babies and bfps .starting to get head around the idea of no 4 now,but still have pangs of omg how will I cope! Got scan last week and dates have been moved back so puts me at 11weeks+1 today EDD 19 Sep another scan on 11 march to confirm as the scan wasn't very clear.

Ood yes really similar position! You sound like your having a right old time of it hope things start getting better for you x

LimeLeafLizard Sat 02-Mar-13 13:46:52

Haven't had much time to post since DD arrived, so I've missed loads! I've been having a few health issues here but doctor has been supportive and referred me for some tests so I feel as if there is some progress. DD is lovely and we're gradually getting sorted at home.

Welcome to pinkbump, lands, beeing, and honey! (Think that is everyone who has joined since I last posted!)

Thinking of you in these last few difficult days Ood. It feels like it lasts forever but really it isn't too long to go.

Congratulations Count! Well done on your lovely new daughter! Hope you manage to recover quickly from the CS - have you had a CS before and how did you find the recovery then?

Sam sorry you don't sound well at all. Are the docs being more supportive now?

beeingfruitful Sat 02-Mar-13 21:49:23

Huge congratulations Count on your precious new daughter! Hope you recover quickly. Do you have any help?

Ood how are you doing?

Pinkbump we are due almost at the same time - my due date is Sept 21st.

Lime congratulations on your little girl and thank you for your welcome. I hope the doctors find out what's wrong and are able to help you. It can't be easy for you.

Countmyblessings Mon 04-Mar-13 11:18:40

Hi all - well recovery has been fine still very painful and the thought of resting with a new born and a 3 year old is to me just not possible!
I have help as have a dd18 and DH but sometimes when you think oh I can do it quicker myself it then becomes a habit and you just get on!
Still have not been seen by health visitor at home now for 3 whole days! It's a good thing I'm not a panic stricken mother worried about very swollen legs, painful boobs and CS stiches that need to come out! Then you read all about infections and you just get all worried!
Lil one is so good and a good sleeper as long as she gets a good feed!

Hello ladies

Congratulations count glad to hear she is good. Have to say my post natal care from mw was practically non existent and i had to keep chasing them up. Hv was much better and really seemed to care. Hope someones been out now x

lime it has taken a little while ti get settled but now its fallinh into place. Really hope your health problems get sorted,glad to hear gp supportive. This time goes so fast.

Ivy is now 9 weeks and had her first jabs today. I'm 33 today and not impressed i had to do thst on my birthday sad going to post pone any celebrations til dh.has a day off (if i'm lucky i may get to wash my hair today - oh the glamour grin

<<waves to anyone i missed>>

Oodsigma Tue 05-Mar-13 11:55:33

Happy Birthday apples smile

Thanks ood. How are you doing? Not long left to go for you now x

Oodsigma Tue 05-Mar-13 20:50:14

Pain actually more manageable last few days. Whether that's psychological or baby's position I don't know but I'm surviving on less pain relief ( bit worried about withdrawal even though consultant said its unlikely).
The 'oh shit I'm going in hospital and having an op' had hit tonight and I keep panicking

Ood you will be fine and rewarded with lots of snuggly baby cuddles. Have you had cs before? X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now