Poo crisis

(31 Posts)
newby2 Sat 05-Jan-13 12:51:47

Wee trained on potty no probs at 2.5 years but absolutely wont poo on it- have to out a nappy on. Any ideas?

CackleALot Tue 22-Jan-13 20:51:03

My 2.5yr old was exact same, no problem with wee but completely refused to poo in toilet. One day he did it and wee made such a fuss of it and gave him sweets afterwards that he was as proud as punch. That was a week ago and has been doing this ever since.

My HV suggested having treats in toilet such as bubbles so he could sit on toilet for longer periods of time. Also just watching for tell tale signs I.e. my ds would go and hide, if I noticed him doing that I would drag him to toilet! (if I caught him in time!).

He also started noticing that it was uncomfortable to poo in his pants, so i didn't rush to change him if he had done it (although didn't leave him for too long!)

Good luck!

sportswidow Sun 03-Feb-13 19:02:15

Hello, did anyone on this thread have any success they'd like to report? We are facing same issue with DS age 2.8. He's got the wees totally fine, so much so that he won't ever never wear a nappy. Which means he is pooing his pants x2 a day, generally standing up in his preferred poo place behind the sofa.

Yes - we appear to be sorted. All I can attribute it to is ”pooh goes to poo land” and a better fitting toilet seat at Grandmas. We have brought the same seat home, she seems more secure and while we don't get that much warning and sometimes a little bit in the pant, it seemns pretty much solved. Thanks for the tips, ladies i- one happy mummy and little girl here!

ItalianDiva Fri 15-Feb-13 20:08:27

Hello - so glad to have found this thread! My dd2 is driving me crazy with her pooing antics. She's nearly four and has been pooing in her pants since we started potty training her aged 2.5. Pees have never been a problem, by the way. I thought we had cracked poos about six months ago, but massive regression over Christmas has meant I am wiping little dry poos out of her bum on a daily basis. I am just totally miffed as to why this is happening. I think she is scared, but don't know why. She has done poos in the loo a few times, and she is always really happy and excited, but then days go by when she just does little ones in her pants. I then sit her on the loo but she refuses to do anything. Some days she does this about 7 times in the space of 12 hours. I think it is psychological as opposed to dietary. We tried mild laxatives for a while, but she still pooed in her pants. They were just a lot messier! Am really at a loss as to what to do next.

Wolfiefan Fri 15-Feb-13 20:14:38

I'm afraid I resorted to bribery. We have trained (I think) quite late at 3. I waited for signs she was ready.
She did one or two poos in pants. We had a chat about how you can poo in a nappy but not pants. Went out and happened to spot a puzzle she wanted. Said I will buy it but you can have it when you poo on toilet. Hey presto!
Not saying I was right or it works for all kids.
Comfy seat. Often leaning forward with elbows on knees helped my two. Calm encouragement. Feet propped up on a step. (It's harder if feet are dangling!)
Toilet training is my least favourite stage. I've decided! Is it wine o'clock yet?!
grin

Harperseventy Sat 23-Feb-13 06:46:55

I'm in poo crisis! Dd 3.2 will not sit on potty or toilet for a poo. She has been potty trained since June and uses the toilet for wees. Is dry at night, hasn't had a nappy on for months. If she wants a poo she asks for a nappy. Never does it in her pants which I should be thankful for I suppose. I've tried bribery, not worked. She goes to nursery but always poos at home so it isn't an issue for nursery. Very frustrated! If i ask her to try sitting on potty or toilet she gets really upset so I don't really wanna push it and create negativity and her holding on to it! Will be trying pooland! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now