Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dec 2011 - Do that again, and you're getting sold on Ebay.....

(998 Posts)
Aethelfleda Mon 18-Feb-13 22:52:04

Shiny new thread with no listing fees!

Blimey Oi, you're fairly bouncing home by the sounds of it! Sounds like you had a wonderful time, and it's obvious work suits you smile

Sorry to hear you're in the wars with your throat too seven; mine looks like a Jackson Pollock war zone and feels like I have a lump every time I swallow... we've got some spray that sort of deadens it, some ultra chloroseptic (sp?) stuff where you twist the nozzle round.
Yesterday I couldn't get off the bloody sofa; spent the evening shivering madly, couldn't eat and went to bed and 9.. paaaaar tay sad

Glad the CAHMS appointment went well Queenie; do you get any follow up sessions, or was it a one-off?

<waves back at BJR>
Sounds like you're having a really tough time with the food, that must be a bugger to try and manage. What can the poor little man actually eat, being all those things-free?

oh, and figster, as a non driver I'd say definitely sod the car and have a baby. No brainer. There's always time to get a new motor, but not have babies.

I forget you live relatively local to me GBT! Nickel's store sounds great- as does she- so I'm sorry to hear it's not making enough cash.

Think a wild weekend of zero drinkies and catching up with house work and paper work, if I feel well enough (ha!) awaits...hope you've all got something nicer?!

QueenofClean Fri 22-Feb-13 20:13:52

Northern hope you feel better soon.

Oi sounds like Denmark was very productive. Enjoy your weekend with BOi smile

CAHMs will follow up with appt in about 5 weeks time but will have e-mail contact in between. Although she forgot/didn't want to use the techniques she was taught yesterday when she lost her temper earlier sad however, she has gone to bed really well.

Hoping calpol, being stripped to a vest & window slightly open helps Sky feel better.

SevenReasonsToSmile Fri 22-Feb-13 21:14:27

Thanks bee, 40th centile. they didn't tell me his BMI but I saw it in his notes, I guess that's why they don't actually tell the parents <stops worrying about possible malnourished yet normal sized child>

queen hope Sky feels better soon.

Sorry you're still feeling rough northern. The stupid thing is other than being extremely congested and coughing I feel absolutely fine, throat doesn't even hurt yet I can't talk!

Glad the trip went well oi enjoy your weekend and baby-making grin

aethel do you mind if I PM you about reusable nappies, I'm considering them for DC3.

Anyone heard from LMF?

mopsytop Fri 22-Feb-13 21:16:31

sorry about poor little Sky *Queen sad

nice one on positive working trip Oi !

figgy buy a banger and have number two if that's what you want! I think money will stretch when it has to. Would mean no more Radley bags maybe ... but must admit, I looooove those fiats!

in bed since 8.30. husband has had the most vile tonsillitis this week and been in bed four whole days. never seen him so I'll before (luckily for me, he is an excellent non-moany patient! phew!). but unfortunately my throat has got reallllly sore this evening .... please please don't let it be same thing. It's bacterial but it could easily have spread... sad

mopsytop Fri 22-Feb-13 21:17:39

PS northern I feel your pain (literally!) and I have to do some work this weekend too gah! poor us/

mopsytop Fri 22-Feb-13 21:20:22

p.s. this new phone sucks for autocorrect and capitalisation so please excuse my typos. I'm getting annoyed by my mistakes yet am too lazy to go back and fix... typing on phones is a pain!

and hello to everyone else! sorry to he so bad and only respond to most recent posts. I am a lazy so and so!

raaboonah Fri 22-Feb-13 23:09:51

seven from my extensiveexperience unless they are not keeping pace with their percentiles then the hcps are happy whatever percentile they are on. DS1 between 2nd and 9th percentile at least he us pj the fecking chart

<hoists emotional baggage into bed>

Aethelfleda Fri 22-Feb-13 23:44:18

lmf is lurgied according to FB... Course you can PM me seven. today I packed the large large box of reusable nappies: though I have a sneaky suspicion that the last load currently drying may not fit in blush
I am v restrained with my cloth purchases compared to the DDs!: but now have a stable stash with just the occasional splurge. The nappies are boxed for the week of the move only, to avoid stinky nappy buckets while our washer is out of action. I bought a packet of Aldi Mamia nappies for this week. Reminded me how much they cost: even getting the £5 aldi ones, two packets' worth could fund a new cloth one!!...

This weekend we shal mostly be cleaning, and packing boxes, and trying to adjust the DDs to the move....

BJR Sat 23-Feb-13 08:14:52

Oh I know the bookshop you mean Northern, I work a few minutes away so DS has some lovely books from there. He also happily yelled book when I took him insmile As for the food there is loads he can have it's getting him to eat it thats the problem!

Hope everyone has a good weekend

QueenofClean Sat 23-Feb-13 08:29:41

Aethel hope the packing goes okay.

Sky was not to good overnight. Seems okay this morning will just keep her topped up with calpol to keep her temp down.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Figgygal Sat 23-Feb-13 09:58:42

bjr am vey impressed with lo nana and book we still just have nonsense though lots of mummy too

Aethelfleda Sat 23-Feb-13 13:58:48

Packety packety pack pack pack....

<channels Kim 'N' Aggie>

OiMissus Sat 23-Feb-13 14:38:05

Happy packing aethel!
How exciting!

mopsytop Sat 23-Feb-13 15:20:01

Nice one aethel! Really pleased for you after all the waiting.

I caught Mr. Mopsy's strep throat sad spent two hours this morning at walk-in GP. Very nearly fainted on way there. Feel pretty dreadful. But got antibiotics so fingers crossed they kick in soon. Husband's throat on the mend but he had terrible migraine during the night and was really really sick and only just about coped with minimopsy while I was at GP. So it's a difficult day. As you all have first hand experience of ... looking after a busy baba when you are ill with a temp is no joke!

SevenReasonsToSmile Sat 23-Feb-13 16:56:52

Thanks aethel, have PM'd you. I worked out earlier if I potty train Eva at 2 and a half (which is likely as it'll be summer so obviously the ideal time) based on using 8 nappies a day for the first six months and 3.5 nappies a day thereafter that's almost 4000 nappies. I only buy pampers, it's almost £600. Hope the packing is going well, I love packing.

Sorry you're ill too mopsy. There must be loads of throat infections doing the rounds lately. I'm still croaky but my voice is almost back today, I'm coughing more though.

Oh Bob, can't believe we're all throat-tastic. Mine is still vile- tbh, given the state of it and the fact that it's lasted for a week, I'm guessing it was/is something in need of drugs, but had no chance to go to Doc's. Going round for our food shop nearly finished me off...but has finished DP off. He went off to bed this afternoon, and this is a man who cannot nap at all during the day. He's still there. So looks like he's infected too.

Hope your voice comes back soon seven, it's the oddest thing ever when you suddenly can't speak.

And hope you and Mr Mopsy get better soon, that sounds really grim sad

Ditto figgy's impressed-ness with your DS BJR; I'm hoping that if we do get a grommet op, the monumental babble from DS may turn into something distinguishable...

I've plonked DS in his cage playpen for five minutes, just whilst I take a brief break to MN. I've had him all day, whilst under the weather and with DP not able to watch him at all, so I'm allowing myself a wee break!

Meant to be making pizza for dinner tonight, but don't know if DP will be up for it, literally and metaphorically...

Oh, cross post (laptop's been open for ages as we've streamed the United game), glad your voice is coming back seven!

QueenofClean Sat 23-Feb-13 18:39:50

The throat plague has infected Chez Queen.

Sky is still poorly and suffering the most bless her.

Think it's going to be a long night.

Aethel, hope the packing is going okay?

Hope everyone feels better soon.

PMT has really kicked in DH no matter how hard he tries not too he is really irritating me grrrr.

LittleMissFantabulous Sat 23-Feb-13 23:11:10

<hangs red cross on the fred>

Rough as a badger's. Back in a bit.

Aethelfleda Sat 23-Feb-13 23:19:20

Hey, not fair, I've got a sore throat too! Who coughed on the thread first?? Well??? Own up!

I am therefore trying a cold cure called "Fursty Ferret" (4.4% ABV). Will let you know if it works. Hic.

<refills the Benylin dispenser and hands around honey and lemon Lockets>

Faffin Sat 23-Feb-13 23:46:31

Just for some variety we have D & V here. First me, now DS sad

Good luck with the move aethel and I hope the Fursty Ferret does the trick. Sounds like an excellent choice of medicine to me

Roll on spring and an end to various lurgies

LittleMissFantabulous Sun 24-Feb-13 06:33:46

My throat not sote but voice doing eoic imptessuons og a thirteen year old lad. It's the chest lurgy snd backsche killing me.

OiMissus Sun 24-Feb-13 08:23:48

Your phone sound pretty sick too. Has it been on the Fursty Ferret?

QueenofClean Sun 24-Feb-13 08:43:16

Sky had a much better night last night and seems a lot chirpier this morning smile

Chill out day today Chez Queen.

mopsytop Sun 24-Feb-13 09:06:44

Ugh everyone is ill! Hope all feel better soon.

Lovely Mr. Mopsy started feeling better just before bed so did all the nighttime wakeups (including minimopsy wailing from 2-4am), and got her up this morning and left me in bed, where I still am. Throat bad and still sore/shivery with temp but dosed myself up just now so hopefully will kick in enough soon for me to be able to swallow some food.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now