Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

FEB 2010 Three is a magic number, yes it is......

(999 Posts)

Come and take shelter from the DC here, folks!

<offers tiffin, millionaire shortbread and other forbidden goodies>

BabyGiraffes Fri 17-May-13 20:09:25

Can't help on France Stangirl. Wouldn't go if you paid me. (That's a lie actually, I did go to a week long conference in Montpelllier some years ago - and got paid).

StoneBaby Fri 17-May-13 20:23:19

stan the Bourgogne area is lovely. Lots of towns/cities to visit and walks in the country. I woukd go self-catering as it would give you children free evenings. But depending on how long you'd like to drive there're others great areas to visit

BabyGiraffes Sat 18-May-13 08:27:31

Sorry all that came out a bit wrong, I have nothing against France, it just doesn't suit me as a holiday destination blush

The grow clock saga continues. Heard dd2 chatting in her room at 6 sounding quite surprised that she couldn't get the sun to rise. She went quiet for a bit (result!), then tried again at 7. She sounded a bit cross at that point and went to consult dd1 who was also chatting away to her imaginary friends. By that point the sun came up on the setting, so they both came an jumped on me grin.

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Sat 18-May-13 09:22:02

Thanks BG I am already looking at that site. not much in my field though I need a rethink and a pair of balls...
Still grin at your DD2. Hope we can meet sometime soon, may be we should find the closest points from all of us and organised something there?
SB your on my to do list, next time I am at my dads. that sounds weird, but YKWIM

Sotu some hugs for the week ends

Ha ha at the opposite vaccination reactions of SR's DD1 and Mous'...!! SR, that's a priceless statement to make..!! I think DD will scream hugely for a short time, then recover quickly (especially with chocolate on offer). It's scheduled for half term and seeing as it coincides with DS' usual nap time, there's a good chance DH will take her.....

Stangirl France is lovely - I don't know Burgundy especially well, but your holiday idea of drives/lunches/wine and DVDs sounds ideally suited to the area you're thinking of visiting! French food markets are not to be missed and you can often find interesting places to visit like limestone/neolithic caves ("grottes") and suchlike.... My Mum lives to the SW, not far from Toulouse and I love visiting her there. Loads of gorgeous vistas, villages, mediaeval hilltop towns, yummy food.....I think you'll enjoy it very much if that kind of thing appeals! If the DC don't mind drives, then you'll have no problems.

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Sun 19-May-13 09:01:03

Stan what about the loire castles? gorgeous sceneries, lots of castles close together, wines, good food (gardens of the kings of france), national parks, caves dwellings... I am sure there is a lot of festivals and children activities during the summer, close to burgundy so you can nip there if needed, close enough to paris if you get bored not too hot but usually good weather...

There is too many areas that are nice in france (and I don't say that as a french person)
Love the south west near toulouse too, and the east, north west, south east, south, west

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Tue 21-May-13 08:02:37

Oh No! I killed the thread!

StoneBaby Tue 21-May-13 12:57:46

No you have not.

How are you doing?

So DS bed transition has gone smoothly and I'm now trying to figure where to store his cotbed. I've even suggested to sell it but DH refused (so I'm hmm as ttc is not happening - but I won't bore you with it (that's why I join a conception thread))

ClimbingPenguin Tue 21-May-13 13:53:18

I forgot to say DD has started doing forward rolls at swimming, she just did one of the float and then kept doing them when we started her swims.

StoneBaby Tue 21-May-13 17:45:09

DS is now happy to put his head in the water at swimming as I got him some goggles. As a result he's now got his Duckling 2 badge grin

SconesForTea Tue 21-May-13 19:35:27

Sorry to hear that the ttc isn't happening SB sad Great that DS is happy in his big boy bed though.

CP wow on the forward rolls. Poor DD1 hasn't been swimming since we had DD2 (who has never been swimming). Meant to say your MIL sounds really odd. Great that work is going well so far.

We have not had a notice to vaccinate DD1 yet. I wasn't aware that more were due actually. I am pretty sure that she will make a huge scene.

Poor DD2 is sobbing away upstairs. She has a cold and won't take medicine. All she wants to do is feed, but she needs to sleep; for various reasons she missed both her naps today. I feel horrid for letting her CIO with a cold, but I have tried and tried to settle her and all she wants to do is stay latched.

Ah I think she has stopped <crosses fingers>

SR, we shall have to come to see you again! DD1 and I had such a LOVELY day, and it has improved our relationship no end. It has made me realise how important one-on-one time with her is (and with DD2, no doubt, but she still seems fairly flexible in her requirements right now). I have felt far less cross at her in general since then which is a huge relief to us both. And her behaviour does seem to be better... <very cautiously wafts away the MN jinx> DH is off this week and of course it makes a huge difference having him around. I hope the positivity can continue once he goes back to work.

DD2 still sobbing. I suppose I shall have to go and resume Human Dummy duties.

Good news on an improvement in relations with DD1, Scones! Sorry to hear about DD2's cold, I hope it clears up soon...

Ah, SB sorry to hear ttc is proving to be a bit of an uphill struggle. FX for you....

Forward rolls CP - awesome!

DD had another good session in the pool on Sunday - she went right into the pool proper, instead of staying on the steps and allowed me to "float" her and jump her out of the water. She's been getting braver about experimenting with kicking and floating and getting her face to the water surface - all good! Unfortunately DH freaked her a bit when he tried to get her to ride on his back, so that sent her back to the steps. But I'm hoping she'll get over that fairly quickly. DS loved it again and was once again suitably unconcerned about being splashed/getting water in face and eyes etc. etc.

ScienceRocks Tue 21-May-13 20:47:01

Scones, so pleased that you are getting on better with DD1. One to one time makes such a difference. And you are most welcome any time, any of you - just let me know and I'll put the oven on smile

Sounds like everyone is going great guns with swimming. DD2 loves her lessons (and so do I, watching from the side), she is already a more competent swimmer than me grin DD1, for those vaguely interested, started later than this and is now super confident. I took her to her lesson on Saturday and saw her do butterfly stroke under the water shock and diving into the deep end to retrieve bricks shock Astonishing.

ScienceRocks Tue 21-May-13 20:47:21

SB, sorry for the TTC issues.

ClimbingPenguin Tue 21-May-13 21:38:37

Once the summer hits IC I could pop over with DD on a saturday. Have a general swim and spend a day chilling?

ClimbingPenguin Tue 21-May-13 21:41:24

or pop anywhere that is within 90 mins of me

ClimbingPenguin Wed 22-May-13 06:52:43

Scones hope you and DD got some sleep. I've had to leave DD like that, DS I can just lay near him until he ready for comfort. I meant to say that I didn't have any engorgement on my weekend away and he slotted back into his normal feeding routine

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Wed 22-May-13 07:50:27

SB sorry to hear about the ttc issues. My advice sell everything! That what I did with DD1's stuffs because DD2 wasn't happening, then she decided to come along.
No swimming here, last time we took her she spent her time riding on our back.
Scones I hope you all settled OK.
CP I am happy to "pop" too where IC and BG are or anywhere close. DD2 needs peers.

ClimbingPenguin Wed 22-May-13 08:38:59

In fact I could do this sat or sunday

Pop along, People!
CP it would be lovely to see you and the DC again!
Likewise, it would be ace to meet you and your DC in the flesh Mous! Maybe we should think about a Feb2010 Western meet up? I'm happy to play host and BG and Survival are probably within "popping" distance too.....

It's heartening to hear your DD1 is such a confident swimmer after starting relatively late, SR - was she nervy to start with?

ScienceRocks Wed 22-May-13 16:46:18

Thanks IC! DD1 isn't a reluctant anything, thankfully (or not, depending on the situation). She has amazing self confidence, it makes me proud and embarrassed at the same time. DD2 isn't far behind.

They most certainly don't get it from me. I have a good game face, and am excellent at imbuing others with confidence, but am often quaking inside...

StoneBaby Fri 24-May-13 06:18:56

SR i would not have guessed.

Where is every body?.

ScienceRocks Fri 24-May-13 09:39:20

I'm here! Sloping off today to see a friend. Not back until after the kids have gone to bed on Monday. Feeling excited but odd about it.

rainbowweaver Sat 25-May-13 07:50:07

<Waves> Here too, back after a one-week hiatus. Japan was lovely, we were in Fukuoka in Kyushu so it was about 18-25 and sunny. I was however very glad to be back yesterday to the nice cooler weather, though it was mostly time in the hotel meeting rooms!. The problem with warm weather is it's not easy to get cooler! Still recovering from jet lag and psyching myself up for that 10k in London on Monday, be more properly back next week!

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Sat 25-May-13 11:43:09

envy rainbow <Drools at the memory of the food...>
good luck for monday!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now