Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2012 - so, do we all know what we're doing yet?

(994 Posts)
MaMaPo Sun 20-Jan-13 04:56:17

smile

zcos Sat 02-Feb-13 07:28:32

yeah I recommend burts bees too it rescued my chapped hands. I hide a lip balm behind a photo frame in my living room to apply as and when and half a few in my handbag the tinted lipsticks are fab look great and taste of watermelon!

Barbeasty Fri 01-Feb-13 20:52:35

Can't believe I forgot Waitrose baby bottom butter is good for nappy rash, and for dry skin generally- including on adults. And it smells really nice.

new thread smile when we're ready

Kafri I really feel for you! Hope he settles down for the night soon.

WL tasty wink

I'm having five minutes on my own in bed whilst ds is downstairs with dp-amazing!

Kafri Fri 01-Feb-13 20:25:50

ooohh LOVELY WLmum, thanks for the well wishes - it really is heartbreaking along with bloody annoying if i'm really honest to watch.

3?? bloody hell - 1 is enough for me, thanks!

WLmum Fri 01-Feb-13 20:12:06

Poor baby kafri really hope he gets some relief soon.

Now I love my wrap sling and wouldn't be able to manage my 3 without it, but I really don't like the way dd pukes down my cleavage and leaves me with cheese in my bra!

Kafri Fri 01-Feb-13 20:05:07

oh my word - i'm not alone.

Colic really is the work of the devil! I'll be having words with him when I get down there for putting my beautiful boy through this!

We're on Infacol in every bottle - full 2 drop dose! Along with Aptamil Pepti 1 milk and Ranitidine for Reflux. Poor boy is currently inconsolable and has been since about 2pm. It's horrid to watch and not be able to take it away :-(

I'm no expert hales that's just what I thought confused

halesball Fri 01-Feb-13 19:46:01

Sorry Spotty i hadn't realized it was just for oversupply i'm hopng i havn't messed up my supply now. I thought it was just a different style of feeding, it seemed to suit me and H better as well. whoops.

No I haven't hales as I didn't want to mess with my supply? I don't think I've got oversupply? Funnily enough, although he wakes 2-3 hourly at night he's not fussy, it's only in the day he's grumpy usually goes down well at night confused

halesball Fri 01-Feb-13 19:23:07

Clarella, we use Colief, for the 1st couple of days everytime she had a feed i would express onto a teaspoon and then add 4 drops of Colief. After about 3 days i swopped to every other feed after a few more days i swopped it to 4 times a day. Now she only has it twice a day. Shes been on it since she was about 4-5 weeks old. I noticed a difference straight away (it was alot easier to get wind up) now she is capable of bringing wind up without me moving her. Hope it works for you.

Good news Brooke that must be a relief.

Spotty have you tried block feeding? It might sort out the fussiness. I started doing it a week ago and only swop breasts now when the breast i'm not using feels uncomfortable. I'v noticed a massive difference in sleep. The first 2 days she ate alot now shes like a completely different baby, shes calm and sleeps alot more than she's ever done and shes happy to sleep in her own bed now instead of co sleeping.

Congratulations Pidj, it sounds like an amazing opportunity for you.

Utopian, i wish you every success starting up on your own.

EggsMichelle Fri 01-Feb-13 19:13:27

Spotty, F feeds for about 5-10mins every 30min-1hr while he is awake, it's ridiculous!

EggsMichelle Fri 01-Feb-13 19:10:24

That's brilliant news Brooke, you must all be relieved.

We used to have horrible witching hour screaming, but the mixture of gripe water and gaviscon have fixed it, and we just get tired grumbly crying 6-7 (and 12-1). He is bloody hard work to keep happy though, I'm more exhausted from entertaining him than I was from soothing his constant screaming! But I am rewarded with lots of smiles (made me cry with happiness several times today!!!)

Secondsop Fri 01-Feb-13 19:09:54

Carmex, rather!

Ds has started only feeding for about five minutes, I know they do get quicker but that's really short and my boobs don't feel empty. Do you think it's just part of this fussy phase he's going through?

Secondsop Fri 01-Feb-13 18:52:44

spotty Carmel (the tub, not the sticks) has been the only thing that has sorted out my lips.

Oh I love burt's bees stuff I will have to get some of the lip balm smile

MyDaydream Fri 01-Feb-13 18:01:34

spotty I had awful chapped, bleeding lips after I have birth and Burts Bees lip balm stick worked wonders. I was ready to marry Burt and his bees for making them better because I was even struggling to eat because my lips kept splitting when I opened my mouth.

Great news brooke

MaMaPo Fri 01-Feb-13 17:51:08

Great news, Brooke. I hope it gives you all some closure/relief.

About to strap baby into sling and take her across the road to the pub! Looking fwd to a little reminder of pre-baby life with my gorgeous husband.

brooke89 Fri 01-Feb-13 17:43:09

Justice! One got 10 years and the other 6 and a half! Will catch up later

Nope, when he did it yesterday it was after a two hour nap grinhe hasn't had as much today but he has had a good hour. I think he's just a crier confused

MaMaPo Fri 01-Feb-13 17:04:22

Spotty, overtiredness?

We have all day crying and it's definitely not pain just anger/grumpiness!

People who are suffering witching hour type evening colickyness - we did the baby massage colic routine 3 times a day and after about 5 days it seems to have started working. Evenings have become less shouty. Probably a coincidence but thought I'd mention it in case!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now