Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2012 - the Christmas buns are coming out of the oven

(1000 Posts)
PurplePidjChickIsNotTheMessiah Sun 23-Dec-12 17:18:23

New fred...

PurplePidjin Sun 06-Jan-13 20:48:00

Spotty, I've had that for the last 20 minutes, turned out he'd done a poo blush in my defence, he'd had one 20 minutes before that and only usually goes every day or two! <sigh> at least he'll be easily potty trained hmm

ellliebelle Sun 06-Jan-13 20:49:11

Spotty my ds is like that for the majority of feeds sad i find it very stressful and am worried how i will cope when out and about and feeding

Well I changed his (wet) nappy and he's feeding again. Still wide awake though hmm

Oh Ellie hopefully he will calm down soon for you

I'm feeling slightly guilty that ds fell asleep at 7 and is still passed out on the sofa next to me. Although he will wake soon and feed until midnight. Got to be up in the morning to take DH to work so I can have the car to take Ethan back to the midwives. (with both dd and ds1 in tow).

Secondsop Sun 06-Jan-13 21:08:02

honey I'd love to join the Facebook group - will PM you.

FriendofDorothy Sun 06-Jan-13 21:15:30

I'd like to join a FB group too. Will PM you honey.

Ds's been awake for four hours straight shock

EggsMichelle Sun 06-Jan-13 21:51:15

Secret is good, I work with mentally ill criminals so also have to be a little protected!

I've PMed you too Honey.
Welcome back mini and congratulations Emily

Fingers crossed that all our Christmas buns sleep tonight and colicky vomiting is kept to a minimum!

Just got confused by facebook as Honey has a real name! Haha, I may be a bit thick today blush

willyou I had the same problem with Honey grin

MaMaPo Sun 06-Jan-13 22:20:33

I might be interested in a FB group too - but definitely secretly! EggsMichelle, I also have a career working with mentally ill offenders! Not been in that line of work for a couple of years but that's quite a coincidence.

Despite all my moaning about inlaws this morning, ended up having a lovely day. We had an amazing stress-free lunch and my MIL initiated saying 'I have booked dinner tomorrow night but would understand if you're a little tired and don't want to join us.' shock Baby behaved herself beautifully.

I may be very foolish but I think I saw a smile this morning! She's one month old yesterday so I understand it's early. But she'd had a lot of sleep (after a horrid restless day yesterday), and a good feed, and was wide awake and interactive. I sat down with her to read a book to her (for the first time) and while I was looking at her and smiling, I am sure she smiled back. It looked really different from the sleep smiles she does, her whole face lit up. What do people reckon? PFB syndrome?

To top off a lovely day, she took a bottle of expressed milk from my husband, we put her in her basket while she was still awake but sleepy, and she has muttered for a while but put herself to sleep. Amazing.

Now I have jinxed myself and she'll be awake every 45 minutes until morning. Oh well...

Welcome mini and emily - always nice to have new/old people back!

Pidj, did your boy always poo infrequently or did it change at some point? I could do with little C being less pooey!

I always thought honeys name would be honey blush grin

To all of you giving expressed milk, how much do you give in a feed. We've got a few bags in the freezer with 2oz in each. If DH needs to feed Ethan while I'm out at Zumba tomo how much should he defrost?

MaMaPo Sun 06-Jan-13 22:29:37

Stacey, I tend to express around 120-150ml in each go (4-5oz) and baby will take all of that. Sometimes she wants a bit more (from me). But she is putting on weight quite quickly so this may not be typical.

Exactly Spotty and I was confused that FoD's name wasn't Dorothy -even though that would be 2 Dorothy's who are friends and quite a coincidence may have cracked up slightly from sleep deprivation

FriendofDorothy Sun 06-Jan-13 22:40:08

A secret group is best for me too as I am a social worker with drug users. I keep seeing them in town so don't need them stalking me on FB too.

PurplePidjin Sun 06-Jan-13 22:48:49
PurplePidjin Sun 06-Jan-13 22:54:21

FoD i youth work in the next town over for that exact reason some of them have still seen me pissed at gigs though

The pooing tailed off at around two weeks, gave us quite a fright the first time he went 48 hours without!!

FriendofDorothy Sun 06-Jan-13 23:23:18

Living on an island that is 9 miles long and 3 miles wide means test I don't have much choice about whether I live in the same community as my clients!

Clarella Mon 07-Jan-13 01:40:20

funny how many of us work in social sector 'on the coal face'

<longs for days of few poos> my son is a pooing machine at one month today smile managed to squirt it over 2 meters away today. (is that normal?!)

dh finally had success with a bottle of ebm and gave me 4 hours sleep first time in 4 weeks smile but didn't know how much - I'll tell him try the full 120ml next time. dh refuses to buy anything ever 'unnecessary' stuff but presented me with ds while announcing we need a ewan ..... do we really??!! I pointed out we have an ipod.apparently the oven fan helped this evening hmm

yuletopian99 Mon 07-Jan-13 01:51:11

Secret is good for me! (Partly cause I used to mouth off about people swamping the news feed with baby photos. Oops. blush)

Well after my last post about 15 min feeds Oz has decided to make a point by going for 1.5hour mega-feeds this morning and again this afternoon! Assume this is growth spurt behaviour.. Currently passed out on my lap but I'm sure all this will change when i get him in his hammock as per usual.

My boobs are leaking like taps - should i make the most of this an express & freeze for dh to use once a few more weeks have passed OR will this just ramp up production even more? Life or death decisions to be made i know.

New thread linked further up utopian! You could get some breast shells to catch your leaking milk? Expressing once a day won't make much difference but anymore and it will so you might want to just do it in the morning or something smile

emilyeggs Mon 07-Jan-13 05:12:24

Having a really bad night, quick question, did anyone else who had a c section get really bad swelling?

This thread is not accepting new messages.