Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dec 08 Mums - Onwards and bloody well upwards!

(996 Posts)
Beans36 Mon 15-Oct-12 19:17:44

How's this? Thought I'd just press on with it!

JumpJockey Thu 06-Dec-12 08:18:47

Kayz fingers crossed that you manage to make your trip ok, keep safe and hope your head feels better soon. Night wakings are grim [hug]

Beans try not to be embarrassed about the bum thing. DH says it's so utterly routine that docs don't even think once about it, let a,one twice. Hope it's somehting easily solved like piles - not that I'd normally wish piles on anyone, but you know what I mean!

Thanks all for your thoughts on the school thing, it's pretty much unanimous! We've visited both schools and S had a play assessment thing at the private one, which she really enjoyed. I guess like AA says there's always the option of moving if needs be. It was easy for my parents - one school in the village and plenty of room for all the kids so that's where you went grin I wonder for how many people these days (especially in towns/cities) it really is a case of your child will get a place in their catchment school and off hey go. In Cam there's an acknowledged under-supply of places, as there are lots of new housing developments going up all the time that promise schools, Drs surgeries as part of the plans, but of course there come a few years after the houses are bullt and people move in. Not terribly well thought through by the planners!

ZuleikaJambiere Thu 06-Dec-12 09:29:18

Hi Kayz, I've got to York, slow and steady. The main roads over the Wolds are clear and nothing reported in Hull. It sounds like the worst of it is with you - I hope you manage to get to the ferry

McKayz Thu 06-Dec-12 10:08:59

We have decided to cancel and go another time. DH isn't feeling well, I still have the headache and my throat is killing. Quite upset as I was looking forward to it but I really don't want to walk round in the rain tomorrow.

ShadyLadyT Thu 06-Dec-12 11:37:10

Aww, Kayz, that is such a shame. I hope you all feel better soon. These nights are so hard at the moment, aren't they? And I really hope you get to have your trip soon cos Bruges is absolutely gorgeous.

ZJ, all I can say is that at least you haven't got long to wait for the scan, and you and your DH ought to have the results very quickly. Crossing everything... And will raise a glass to you both at the weekend.

Beans, I was going to say what a bummer, but...grin Seriously, that is horrid. What a hammering you are getting recently sad Tell your DH to make with the big present <campaign>

Are you going with the local faith school rather than the indy one, JJ? As I said, I think the local one would edge it for me AT THE MOMENT but I do share some of your misgivings re: stretching them etc.

Anyway, mustn't chat but might come back later. Heavens, I'm starving. Not sure why.

Rubena Thu 06-Dec-12 12:38:33

ZJ - thinking of you as I know it's stressful. DH found the same a while back, got himself scanned (by colleagues blush) and all was benign. There's a lot of similar stories just from us lot so hopefully / likely same goes x
Kayz bummer, but good idea given the weather.
JJ glad things are clearer about the schools. As a few have said, I don't think the infant school is much to worry about - it's later I guess. I really need to get my app done.
Parents are arriving today. Upper class seat on the second leg, has made up for the long delay!
Vag is your neice in yet? She must be given that photo of her at the airport was ages ago and she wasn't on stand-by! Hope you are all having fun!
Xmas party tomorrow night all a go. Have decided to wear a black cocktail dress though I'm nervous about getting into it since I have major bloating and a little weight gain recently. Nothing a bit of gut sucking and Spanx won't fix I'm hoping hmm
Beans, Sounds like piles to me? But whaddo I know. Camera up bum has been done by my bro and mum and both said it's the prep that is the killer - (right now that's what I need as they say you lose some bloat / water weight etc!) but it is vile. Peace of mind though, but jeez you've been through the wringer.

Honsandrevels Thu 06-Dec-12 12:52:46

Thanks for the catnip shop info ZJ. What a loss to cat-kind.

Kayz How awful to miss Bruge. It is gorgeous there.

Anyone got snow? It is freezing and raining here.

Thanks for asking about dd2's sleep Zj. After a week of nocturnal crying episodes we had two nights sleeping through then she developed a diarherra (sp?!) bug and she woke crying in the night and I put her in our bed hmm. On reflection that was a bad idea. I was so tired... excuses, excuses. In my defence it was pretty bad, I took her to drs with blood in her nappy on Tuesday evening.

I love the idea of reminding someone of Del Boy! DP is definitely Rodney to my DB. Sounds so romantic grin.

ZJ, how stressful for you and your DH sad. Hoping you can have some time (and wine) this weekend to relax and talk things through.

And Beans, you poor thing - as if you don't have enough on your plate without botty probs. Is it painful? i hope you're getting plenty of reassurance and TLC from your DH. The present thing is tough, especially if you have mismatched expectations. Presents are such a minefield, I find. DP is soooo bad at gifts I have reset my bar incredibly low and am a lot less annoyed as a result - but after your shitola year and if you're used to being generous, he should really step up to the plate now.

Kayz what a disappointment about Bruges.

Hons that's shock about blood in DD's nappy. What did the doc say? Was it all due to tummy bug?

Sleep haywire here too - gone from B sleeping through for 5 days (admittedly until 5am, but still) to waking all last night. Maybe getting back molars - what age do they tend to get them?

JJ the schools sitch in Cam sounds similar to Brighton. There (and in my village) they're increasing the reception intake by adding a whole extra class, though that obviously puts strain on the other facilities, and space is at a premium anyway. Also loads of new developments with school plans "in progress" but not actually going anywhere.

My mum arrives today for a little visit, then again next week to babysit for my bday/T's party. It's nice to see her but I always feel so guilty about her basically getting no sleep (wakes when my kids cry in the night, then again when they pile downstairs at sparrow's fart am). Even though we keep them upstairs as long as poss (until 6am ideally) she can still hear everything as our house is made of marg. I really miss being in our old draughty but at least solid Victorian terrace!

Beans36 Fri 07-Dec-12 11:30:38

Guess what I'm talking about:

Due late August/early Sept 2013....

JamInMyWellies Fri 07-Dec-12 11:43:32

Fuck a duck beans. Bloody great congratulations. gringringrin

Beans36 Fri 07-Dec-12 11:51:26

Shit shit shit. Help! Actual date 13th August.
Very mixed emotions here. DH so excited and chuffed. Me feeling a bit sick (not morning sickness yet!) and nervous and in shock. We weren't exactly being safe, but I'm 37 and been a fairly traumatic time, so thought it might take a few months. Oh bloody hell! I am a bit pleased and rather terrified. I was even thinking about going back on the pill! And I haven't got my heart thing sorted yet. Oh crimminy.

Waffle waffle stream of consciousness.

Sorry not doing personals, am just a little gobsmacked. Let's hope all ok! x

McKayz Fri 07-Dec-12 11:54:36

Oh Beans congratulations!!!!! gringrin

Beans36 Fri 07-Dec-12 11:55:36

What the hell is my mother going to say????? She thinks I'm far too old!

McKayz Fri 07-Dec-12 12:04:20

It'll be fine Beans. She'll be happy!

Turniphead1 Fri 07-Dec-12 12:14:47

Wow! beans big big congrats. This happened to my friend just after her Dad died. An unexpected third child. Has turned out to be such a blessing. grin

Happy birthday to all the Dec babies that I have missed. Am lurking & trying to keep up.

Indith Fri 07-Dec-12 12:38:34

how wonderful beans smile

ArtigeneAuberchoke Fri 07-Dec-12 12:51:11

Yay! Congrats Beans. I think news of a third might always be scary, I certainly found it so, it's a leap that not all take so it feels more risky and indulgent than numbers 1 & 2. I'm v pleased to have a pregnancy buddy. Did you just find out today? How long have you had an inkling?

ZuleikaJambiere Fri 07-Dec-12 13:09:43

Congratulations Beans grin - marvellous news. We felt like that with both of ours, even though they were planned and took a while in the making. I think it's a normal reaction when you realise that the goal isn't just a BFP, but being a parent for life. You definitely deserve a GINORMOUS Christmas present now x

Nolda Fri 07-Dec-12 14:05:00

Congratulations, Beans! How exciting!!!!

Beans36 Fri 07-Dec-12 14:43:05

I have just found out this morning, but I've done 4 tests the last few days! Just sort of knew! BUT they were all negative until today, but I was only due to have my period on Weds/Thurs and they were all cheapo Boots tests! Today I did Clearblue Digital!

Am a bit peeved with the timing as I can't drink Xmas and New Year. Gutted. And nor can I tell anyone til the end of January. It's going to be so bloody obvious! Bugger bugger!

ShadyLadyT Fri 07-Dec-12 15:32:10

Just posting quickly on phone but SUPER YAY Beans! What lovely news! A Big Present of a different kind grin As to making it less noticeable over Christmas - have a glass of wine but have about one sip an hour. People don't tend to notice HOW MUCH one drinks but more if they are just on soft, or straight out refuse etc.

Hons, I meant to ask - how is your poorly little bear DD2? Bleeding in her nappy sounds awful.

Spot, hope your Mum's visit passes off well and ZJ - hope you are both bearing up.

Feeling quite festive! Possibly cos I have just poured a cheeky spot of brandy grin most unusual, I hasten to add.

Woo hoo! Lovely news, BEans, you've made me grin from ear to ear! Crap timing on the booze front though, what were you thinking? grin.

Up yer bum, Lady!

<In a cheers type way, naturally>

sybilfaulty Fri 07-Dec-12 16:16:51

Wow, Beans, what lovely news! So thrilled for you. I had M when I was 39 and it was the easiest pregnancy of the 3. How lovely to have another baby. Big hug. Well done. Smashing.

JumpJockey Fri 07-Dec-12 18:00:53

Beans beans hurrah! How fantastic, what a lovely christmassy present! That is lovely lovely news grin

DeidreBarlow Fri 07-Dec-12 18:13:02

Woo hoo!! Bloody marvellous news beans! Am so happy for you....your girls will make such super big sisters. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now