Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2012 - little people who actually DO stuff now!!

(943 Posts)

Ta da grin

Bunsouttheoven Wed 20-Mar-13 07:16:38

copps we are easily still doing 5+ bf a day. That is entirely normal for a bf baby/toddler even one who is eating quite a bit of solid food.
Lunch here are sandwiches, soupy bread, toasted sandwich, pizza, cheese, cucumber etc. hard boiled egg is treated with great suspicion though, it's as if he doesn't believe that it is foodsmile

NancyinCali Fri 22-Mar-13 15:25:59

We do 4 BF a day at the moment. After her birthday I will start trying to drop one feed every few days-a week.

For lunch we have mini bagels, toast, pitta, pasta, leftovers, omelette, whatever I can find to give her!

HollyPockett Sun 24-Mar-13 00:34:56

marsh I'm the same as you, DD still mainly has semi lumpy frozen portions of Ellas whatever I've batched cooked.I can't get my head around sandwiches etc. she just throws most of it on the floor. Today she had a snack with a friend. DD gummed and sucked away on the rice cake for about ten minutes whole her friend ate it like we would. Now I'm doing the whole comparing thing and worried that DD is behind blush. She's just not so good at chewing. I have her a parsnip last week and she chocked on the skin as she hasn't chewed it. She was then sick everywhere and I nearly freaked out

I've just bought the AK finger food book as I need to start encouraging her to eat more on her own. I plan to cook up a storm on Good Friday!

HollyPockett Sun 24-Mar-13 00:36:13

Choaked, not choked blush. One of many typos in the above!

HollyPockett Sun 24-Mar-13 13:13:07

Ha. Choked! I'm off for a cup of tea and a spelling test

marshmallowpies Sun 24-Mar-13 22:53:52

Holly - we're doing ok with things like rice cakes and bread sticks, but those are usually snacks between meals and somehow she seems to manage that quite happily, but a fish finger at dinner time was such a palaver!

I have been meaning to cook something for her that isn't gunk - my friend had a recipe for a kind of lentil bake you could cut into wedges, might try to bake that this week, and if she doesn't like it in chunks it can always be crumbled up and mixed into a sauce. I can post the recipe if anyone is interested!

Jellybellyrbest Fri 29-Mar-13 06:51:47

Cutting right down on BF here....one 3 min feed one side at 6ish & that's it! (6pm). Dd seems ok about it-really thought she'd protest but happily (?) no. I'm a bit emotional about it & questioning myself a little!!!! A few too many blocked ducts & near episodes of mastitis recently & the fact that I'd just never thought about going beyond age 1 were my main reasons dor stopping. But, on reflection I think we'll maybe hang on to the 6pm one for a bit longer.....Dd not keen on cow's milk, & don't see the point in introducing Formula now as she'll be 1 in 2 weeks. WHERE did that year go?????!! How are you all? We're not doing anywhere near as much posting on here! For me, it's because of life being busier generally now that I'm back to work. Happy Easter to all the mummies & LO! Enjoy your chocolate!

Hi girls happy Easter wk end! :-)

L is one on Thursday 4th, what a crazy yr......
She is throwing a ball, coping laughing and putting her finger to mouth when we do it! Words are coming like crazy, caught he saying book, duck and banana well nana! But it was quite clear! Lol.
Also master the stairs up and back down on her bum. A whole flight! smile seems like ages seen she has been walking, walks well outside now. We got some reins to stop her running away. Which she does alot, especially before the bath, not sure why? Coz she loves it and enjoys teeth brushing.

Jelly, my heath vistor says don't worry about formula or cow milks too much as long as having penty of yogurt and cheese, and some milk. Equilavent to 1 pint!
oh marshmallow, can I have that chickpea recipe? Thanks x

Oh I forgot to say, boobs are still lumpy and milk seem to comes out of nipples now and again? But its been 2-3wks since giving up.
Ls sleeping is amazing now. I can honestly says she now goes all nite. Most of the time smile smile smile

Flisspaps Sat 30-Mar-13 06:56:38

vicky I wouldn't worry about still producing milk 3 weeks later. DD was born in 2010, I fed her for 7 weeks and was still producing some milk when DS was born in 2012. Stopped feeding him at about Christmas, milk still hasn't completely gone!

laughingGnomette Sat 30-Mar-13 12:47:50

Happy Easter!!
Sorry I haven't posted on here for ages. I blame the FB group and full time work!
newmummy - I'm still producing milk and DS had his last bf in November. To think I worried so much about drying up if I missed a couple of feeds a day! :-)

I've been back at work full time now for 2 months. DS absolutely loves nursery - he gets so excited when I drop him off. He is on 3 7oz bottles a day and eats solids very well. He turns 11 months on Thursday and I highly doubt we'll be off the bottles and onto cups only by 12 months - I think realistically the bed time bottle may last a little while later. I'm not going to stress about it though!

His eczema is so much better now. He still has patches on his shoulders but his legs are great and we hardly ever need to use steroids. Hopefully he is growing out of it!!

He is cruising very well and is obsessed with climbing. Not walking unaided yet though - his balance isn't quite there yet.

I hope you all have a lovely holiday and fingers crossed for some warmer weather soon - I'm craving picnics and BBQs!!!!

Thaleia Sun 31-Mar-13 18:09:47

grrr - just lost my post!

Sorry have been of the radar too - we now have moved to Germany and are trying to settle and fit in. I miss London, I know realise that it was really our home despite the fact that we used to say that we "go home" = meaning Germany.

It's certainly different here: back in with my parents, my mum is lovely but she's my mum, my dad with Alzheimer, our new home which needs to be completely redecorated incl. new wires, pluming etc. and more and more difficulties. There aren't as many things to do with little ones, 2 mixed playgroups but non of the children is close to R age - either 4 to 6 months or 15 months +. He's turning 11 months on Monday btw.

R is well, he's commando crawling and cruising along the walls, pulling ever thing out of drawers but started to put some things back so we have a tidy up session as well, which is great.

We have a lousy connection here and haven't sorted out German mobile phone contracts (but a huge £££ bill) but once it's done, I hope I am more online and post a bit more often again.

Lovely to see and read all about you and happy Easter!

NancyinCali Mon 01-Apr-13 05:08:27

Happy Easter everyone! Can't believe that a year ago we were anticipating our little ones arriving (or already cuddling the earlybirds). Less than 2 weeks until E's birthday.
We're still doing 3-4 BFs a day. If I distract her by going straight out after her naps we sometimes skip one. I want to try and drop one feed every week or so with the bedtime feed going last. But we'll see.
Hope you're all doing well x

Bunsouttheoven Mon 01-Apr-13 19:54:30

Happy Easter everyone.
Ds slept in his own room last night for the first time. He slept all night apart from a couple for cries out & resettling himself. That is a first, in fact until a couple of days ago 3 hrs was the longest he'd ever slept, EVER!
I'm wondering if he is April fooling mewink. We'll see how tonight goes. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Nordicmom Mon 01-Apr-13 19:59:57

Happy for you Buns good luck tonight !

Nordicmom Mon 01-Apr-13 20:02:38

Happy Easter everyone!

Hi its been a real busy week. I had my first day back at work after 14monthssad Well it wasn't that bad. Pleased to just be doing part time. Missed her, but nice to be back.

Then we had L b'day and her party today. At our village hall we had 40people including children. I've never known a party like it. More people coming and people asking if they could bring more kids?
On the day we even still had an extra two. I had to order more party bags and even didn't have enough for the last minute ones! Lol.
L didn't like it a first, then after she eate she was playing and running around. We had a bouncy castle, ball pool, and lots of walking toys/trikes.
My mum and I did the food but really did for 50-60. So was abit left over. Me and dh were up to 11pm last night icing cupcakes! Lol.
Quite stressfull, more work than a wedding! Hehe smile

Plus I wasn't sleeping great worrying about cupcakes and other things. I will tonight, off to bed now. X

Oh my word that's quite a party! We're having one at home on Saturday but it'll be a lot smaller. My parents and sister, a few friends and two cakes! (The middle tier of our wedding cake re-iced, and a fire engine cake that DS can try).

We don't know that many kids, either, so will mainly be adults. smile

Glad it went well!

Thaleia Mon 08-Apr-13 09:23:25

vicky - that's a way to party!!!

No running around for R, he walks but only if I hold both his hands. But he started to crawl on his knees a bit although he prefers to commando crawl.

I am also on 3-4 bf a day, I am doing a dream feed (which he now expects and cries if it doesn't come), sometimes one in between, a morning one at 5am and still do his afternoon one. I worried that he doesn't get enough milk. My husband is intolerant and we don't cook with milk or cream.

R is soooo heavy, he breaks my back. Haven't had him weighed in ages and tbh don't know where to go in Germany or if it's only done when he has a check-up? Must ask another mum here.

Thaleia - for a rough guide you could weigh yourself, with and without the little one!

We said we won't be doing another party now till she is 18 lol. Well next few yrs just quiet at home!

Thaleia, I popped L on the weighing scales she is a 1.5 stone. Which is about 24lbs? So which check on her 1yr check up on the 16th. smile

NancyinCali Tue 09-Apr-13 16:13:48

Wow sounds like a great party smile

I think we're having around 30 at home on Saturday. I've lost track as my DH invited some work friends (people we've know since we moved here). There'll be around 10 little ones and some older kids. I love parties so I'm looking forward to it but I'm also hosting a Moms' Night In tomorrow night at home so I've got to get all the cleaning done by then, nothing like a deadline to get me moving. I hope E naps decently today.

Flisspaps Wed 10-Apr-13 10:23:09

These posts have reminded me that I really should get round to asking family if they want to pop over on Saturday afternoon for DS's birthday, otherwise they might think I've forgotten he's turning one grin

We only had a few close friends and family around for DD's 1st 2nd and 3rd birthdays, we'll do the same for DS. We do have quite big families though. If they're really lucky, we'll do a buffet dinner!

<bad mother>

Flisspaps - we've been shocking at letting people know too!

...of any of you are in our neck of the woods Saturday afternoon, feel free to pop in to make the numbers respectable!!

wink

if; not of. Obviously.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now