Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

April 2012 - little people who actually DO stuff now!!

(943 Posts)

Ta da grin

So sorry to hear that, Hug. He's in the right place - but what a horrible thing for you to be going through hmm

Sorry about the news hugs, sending a big hug to you and A. X

Copps Tue 12-Feb-13 20:28:57

any advice please ladies?
E won't fall asleep unless he is feeding (he is breastfed). i know it is a comfort thing but want him to be going to bed 'properly'. What is the best way to do it? any ideas?

Flisspaps Tue 12-Feb-13 21:06:06

I would feed DS and then get him ready for bed/nap - if he fell asleep he'd wake up when I was putting his sleeping bag on!

NancyinCali Tue 12-Feb-13 21:15:16

I usually get E ready for bed and then feed her. Then, if she falls asleep, I wake her up when I read her a story before putting her down in her cot. Do you have a routine so he knows it's bedtime?

I bf down stairs, put in sleeping bag in bedroom and read to her. Sometimes get dh to do this. She is now use to both of us putting her bed.

Nordicmom Wed 13-Feb-13 12:26:59

Hug , sorry to hear A is more poorly againsad! I hope he starts recovering soon .

Thaleia Wed 13-Feb-13 19:40:20

Coops - have you tried to give him a dummy towards the end of the breast feed and put him awake but doozy in the cot?

I'm feeling pretty down, the PND is back - not in full swing - but bad enough that I think I can't cope and everyting is just bleak. And why? Because he had his check and he's back on the 25th percentile (just) while we were at almost the 50th before. Beaten by 1 or 2cm.

Oh, oh, R crying ... will try to write a bit more later!

Thaleia Wed 13-Feb-13 20:20:12

DH is pretty upset because he says that the last 9 months I had so many lows and was so unhappy, he feels sad for me. I hate the pity sad.

I am so, so tired and stressed out, that's my trigger and it'll get better but he is right - I waste so much time to worry and not enjoy and it makes me feel cross with myself.

About this lengths - we are no giants, what do I expect? Actually it doesn't matter, and I don't know why I equal hight with being happy. How stupid am I?

Anyway, hope to get a bit more sleep and that tomorrow is a new day!

Flisspaps Wed 13-Feb-13 20:29:47

Thaleia sad

Get yourself back to the GP, my love. You know that the 50th centile isn't a target, or a goal to be reached by all, and you know it's the PND making you fixate on this. R sounds just perfect on the 25th x

thaleia R does sound fine to me too. Sorry your PND is back again. But Fingers crossed you get some rest!

L Getting v attached to certain things. eg her baby doll, she cries/scream when U take it away. Oh and the tv remote or a phone if she manages to grap one. Anyone else getting this behaviour???
Not sure if i should just to ignore it and it will pass?

Got my period yesterday! eeekkk and I've checked my pills I've forgotten 2 of them. Oh well no valentines nooky for me! Lol hehe blush

Flisspaps Wed 13-Feb-13 21:37:27

vicky We've had it with DD. We just left her to it, unless it was something she couldn't have (the TV remote) or something sentimental (her bunny comforter which never leaves the house for fear of being lost). We have an old remote in the toy box, could you get one for L? DD's bed is now full of her treasures - books, jewellery, teddies, a money box, all her odd socks, a Fisher Price piggy bank, a torch, the list goes on. She knows exactly what is there, and if we put it away she gets it all back once we come downstairs. Oh, and she must sleep in her dressing gown.

HugAndRoll Wed 13-Feb-13 21:55:41

A is finally better. He needs to build himself back up again but can eat and keep milk down. Hooray. He has gone from the 75th to 25th for weight in a week!

vicky with the to and fro between home and the hospital I just had to take 3 of my pill tonight!

thaleia please go to the dr. You don't have to feel like this. I'm still on antidepressants and just feel normal and level now. Please just consider them if you feel this low <hugs>

NancyinCali Thu 14-Feb-13 03:37:31

Oh that's excellent news hug. I'm sure he'll put the weight back on.

Thaleia yes back to the dr please. And in the meantime keep talking to us, we're all here for each other.

Anyone else's baby shifting to one nap already? E has been a two-naps-a-day girl for quite some time and I'd got used to it! But for the last few days she's really fought her morning nap and today I gave up and got her up. She napped at 11.30 for 1.5 hours (woken by the dog) and then that was it. She went to bed at the normal time too (7pm). I know "they" say it can happen before one year for some babies and the transition can take a couple of months where basically you have no clue if they're going to have a one-nap or two-nap day.

I never used to be too bothered about schedules but it has been nice having predictability and I miss it already!

Flisspaps Thu 14-Feb-13 08:28:26

Hug so pleased that A is on the mend.

Nancy love your blog post today. It's made me see how much DS has changed recently. I noticed it with DD as I was minding a baby the same age so it was all observed and documented, but I only have a 7yo mindee now who doesn't need the same sort of record keeping and planning.

DS is also starting to shift to one nap, with a normal bedtime of 7pm.

He looks awful today. Full of cold with swollen sinuses so his eyes are puffy, bright green snot and fat cheeks from those bloody molars trying to come through. He's still got the remains of last week's croupy cough too sad

NancyinCali Fri 15-Feb-13 03:46:53

Thank you Fliss smile I've really noticed a big shift this last week even, she's really changing so fast. Glad to know we're not the only ones with shifting naps. Today she only had one again but at her normal morning nap time. So she was awake from 11.30am through to bedtime at 7pm! I think she would've napped around 2.30pm but we had friends over and she was too busy.
Hope your DS feels better soon poor boy.

Those of you whose babies nap twice a day - feel lucky! If we are at home all day it's entirely possible DS will be nap free! He sleeps in the car and does sometimes go down after lunch or mid afternoon, but it's by no means certain.

Fliss - DS has a bit of a cough and cold too. It's the first time he's been under the weather so all a bit new for us. Not sure what a croupy cough sounds like: this one is slightly chesty but not too frequent. We aren't heading to the docs just yet but prob will on Monday if it's worse.

Flisspaps Fri 15-Feb-13 08:35:40

Henrietta it's very distinctive, the cough sounds like a seal's bark.

fliss and Henrietta sorry your DS are under the weather sad get well soon

Still a 2 nap baby here, she seems to need them! one at 930/10 for 1.5hr depending on when up and then one at 230/3pm for roughly an hour. gives me a chance to catch up on sleep or house work. smile bedtime at 8pm, i feed her at 430/5 but we don't eat till 7pm coz dh isn't home till 630. Might try to make it 730 when I'm back to work?

fliss I have ready given L a spare TV remote, but She still like grabbing ours. When U take it off her she cries and runs aways from you. Her walking is crazy she literally runs and can get up to standing from sitting. Oh is copying lots of expression like raspberries and mimicking sounds.

Nordicmom Sat 16-Feb-13 02:40:42

Hug happy to hear that A is finally better smile!
Thaleia I hope you get help, you really should see the GP or someone.
R is also some days only having one nap and goes to bed between 6.30-8 pm .Some days it's the morning one, some the aft one.
It's shocking to me since DS was so nice and regular with his two naps until about 18m but then did drop naps all together except in a buggy or in the car by the time he was 2y. I was absolutely exhausted until he started 2 aft at nursery at 2 1/2y. I didn't even know babies can go down to one before 1y and I did a lot of reading the first time around ! I truly hope this isn't the way it's going to be from now on. I need a break ... This time around I'm actually trying to have some naps myself since I can't do everything like I used to before.
Kids and DH are now all better from the cold/flu thing going around and I'm so happy about that but I'm now on my second course of antibiotics and have been coughing 3 weeks soon with chest infection. Can't wait for this to end...

Nordicmom Sat 16-Feb-13 02:43:49

Haven't noticed DD getting too attached to anything but like i said on the FB page she's saying more words smile!

Thaleia Sun 17-Feb-13 21:35:51

No attachement to anything but mummy and doesn't say one word, not even mamamama or dadadadada, I think we are a bit behind or just average smile

We have a cold here too, second tooth has come out. Not sure if cutting anymore?
Up at 530 today but did sleep from 730pm, first time in ages. But of course I woke up at 1am and 430am. Will I ever sleep through??? Lol hmm

I thought id update you, been slowly weaning off bfeeding, so cut out the last one 8pm did a few last week and stopped it on the weekend. So that only leaves the 4/5am one. She had a little bit of crying one night but that's been it. And she just been having a little cows milk in a beaker before bed. Will never take a bottle now!
Looking to give up completely in march??? sad & smile

Nordicmom Mon 18-Feb-13 18:19:01

have now managed to actually really injure myself with the violent coughing and the hurting back and side are now in agony. am in bed and had to call Dh home from work and doctor because i can't move . i made it to toilet but can't do anything now. don't know what we'll do about the kids tomorrow. DH will have to somehow stay home... bloody hell

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now