Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2012 - little people who actually DO stuff now!!

(943 Posts)

Ta da grin

HollyPockett Thu 07-Feb-13 17:45:51

DD is back to sleeping through too. She does 7-6 which suits us and our working hours smile she's back in her Gro bag which seems to help her keep warm with all the moving and fidgeting!

HugAndRoll Thu 07-Feb-13 18:19:53

Good news, it is just severe rotavirus. Bad news is he still can't tolerate anything orally so we are still in and he's back on the NG tube.

Just posted on other thread. So pleased you know what it is now. Big hugs to the little one...

Nordicmom Thu 07-Feb-13 21:44:29

Excellent that u found out the reason Hug ! I hope he'll recover soon smile!

Jellybellyrbest Fri 08-Feb-13 08:08:01

So glad it's nothing worse Hug; though I know this was obviously v serious for A, poor wee man. Hope he recovers now & you get to have some rest.

HollyPockett Fri 08-Feb-13 08:21:42

Phew. So glad you know what it is and how to deal with it. Hope he's not feeling too rubbish for too long x

HugAndRoll Fri 08-Feb-13 16:41:37

We're home. Yay!

Great news your home hugs, still sounds pretty bad! Thank god wasn't anything worst.
He will only get better now. X x

HugAndRoll Fri 08-Feb-13 19:27:29

Thank you smile. We tried him on some milk as he was really looking for it but it didn't stay down. Back to just juice now. This is just going to be trial and error which is the frustrating thing.

Nordicmom Fri 08-Feb-13 21:47:31

Happy u got home . Hope he'll soon be back to his own self!

Thaleia Sat 09-Feb-13 20:20:24

Roata Virus ... yes, i know of at least 6 people who had it in the last few days. Horrible, horrible, horrible! At least you know now Hug and all the best.

I have a dry cough and can't sleep anymore, I am just sitting in my bf chair and try to doze because I can't be flat. I am so tired.

On the other hand, now it doesn't bother me that R wakes up 3, 4 times at night as I am awake anyway. I hope it'll get better before he starts school sad. On the other hand, good prep for no 2. Not that there is something going on!

Oh Thaleia that sounds exhausting...I am currently bfing DS who has had a bit if diarrhoea today, which is really rare. He seems mainly fine in himself though. Hoping he'll sleep it off as tomorrow DH and I are heading to the spa for 3 hours of loveliness as I start back at work on Monday. Full time. Have been crying lots today as I'm really dreading it. I'm ready to jack it all in and live on beans!

Silly woman. Must get grip.

marshmallowpies Sat 09-Feb-13 22:14:46

Glad you are home, Hug & hope A continues to keep his fluids down...

Bit of a weird thing here...my periods started again in Nov, and Dec & Jan came regular as clockwork. Then in Feb, nothing, nada! I had a week of feeling premenstrual & weepy, now back to normal and no sign of a period!

I bought a pregnancy test just to make sure (!!!) but it was negative. I am really not BFing all that much, or so I thought, but maybe feeding a bit more at night due to DD teething, which wakes her more. Can the hormones kick in again to stop periods? It's very weird.

Good luck for work Henrietta. Lots of people I know are going back to work now, I'm going to find it pretty tough when all my local friends are gone.

I did apply for a part time job I could have done from home, but didn't get it - so am hoping to do a couple of voluntary roles instead, some at weekends when DH can have DD, and some stuff where I can take her along with me.

HugAndRoll Sat 09-Feb-13 23:19:28

Thank you marshmallows. He kept down some baby porridge made with water today. Dairy is still a no go ATM but I don't mind as long as he's getting better. He's lost so much weight, he doesn't look like he has in the picture I put on Facebook but his clothes are hanging off him and you can feel his ribs/spine when you hold him sad

NancyinCali Sun 10-Feb-13 00:08:04

Poor baby, glad he's on the mend though hug.

Oh bless him, hug... It's so good that he's home and other you all. He'll be his old self in no time!

...doesn't look like we'll be going to the spa after all. DH has been up throwing up all night. hmm Poor bloke. (Grr)

'And with you all'

HugAndRoll Sun 10-Feb-13 10:24:39

Aww poor dh henrietta. So many stomach bugs going around at the moment, horrid things.

Aren't there! Still, it's nothing compared to what you're going through: just a shame. The lovely spa people were very understanding and have transferred our deposit onto the system for whenever we want to rebook.

So I'm spending the morning washing lots and lots of bedding, cleaning up cat vomit (EVERYBODY but me is poorly!!) and chilling with DS. Other than the cleaning it's actually quite nice. I'll miss this time next week.

Copps Sun 10-Feb-13 20:46:33

So sorry to hear so many people are poorly! I have a streaming cold AGAIN, and yes, on my bday! but can't complain really!
decided not to go back to work.. not full time at least, so have to resign tomorrow. do not like the idea of being without that security, but i'm just not ready to leave him! Gona try find something part time, but not yet!
Pity child care is so damn expensive!!

Flisspaps Sun 10-Feb-13 21:12:30

Copps I'd suggest registering as a CM, which is what I did after having DD, but I'm desperate to get out if it now (no-one seeking childcare here!)

Copps Mon 11-Feb-13 11:05:19

hmm, not a bad idea, though i'm not sure I could cope with other peoples' kids annoying me!

Nordicmom Mon 11-Feb-13 19:34:46

Finally got our invitation to the 8-12m check in a couple of weeks. It'll be interesting to see what they'll do since I can't at all remember what happened at DS(8y) one , it was so long ago...
Both kids and DH are better from the colds/flu they had in Jan but I've just thrown the towel in with my ever increasing cough and called the doctor into our house . Got antibiotics for a chest infection. Had one 2y ago that didn't respond to the first lot of meds though so praying this isn't the case now...
Hug I hope A is getting back to himself and starting to keep more food in . Glad u got to leave the hospital !

Nordic You'll have to let us know what they do for check up, we have ours at 1yr here. I just think its weight height ect....

Henrietta sorry about your spa day, hopefully U can book it up again soon?
I'm dreading going back to work too, 1yr is such a long time off, although I think I'll like it when I do return as i did love my job before?
Sent my letter of requesting my part time hrs, after discussion with dh I'm gonna happy with 2-2.5 days. And just stuggle with the money. I don't think I could do full time again, maybe when dd is older?

Hugs! hope A is managing now with milk/food. How's he been???

We haven't had any illness since dh had bug a few weeks ago!!!! Touch wood! Just L teething as normal .I think the second one coming?
Oh have MIL and FIL staying. L loving the attention, they are visiting My baby neice, and after a tough start she is doing great.

HugAndRoll Mon 11-Feb-13 23:18:56

A has been readmitted. His blood sugar was too low and as he was refusing fluid again he's back on an NG tube.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now