Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2012 - little people who actually DO stuff now!!

(943 Posts)

Ta da grin

LaTristesse Thu 20-Dec-12 21:21:46

Evening all. I lost you guys for a while there, too caught up in my plotting to be a SAHM! All done now bar the official notice. Bit scary but so the right thing for me.

Haven't read through everything to catch up yet but no sex here either. All entirely my fault - got referred to gynae as my libido had vanished entirely. Seems like with bf and the mini pill, my hormones have supressed any drive I once had, so I'm off to get a copper coil fitted after Christmas. Hope that'll help as I'm not planning on stopping feeding for a looong time yet.

Nordicmom Sun 23-Dec-12 14:47:22

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone smile! Hope you'll all have lovely holidays with your little ones and the rest of your families !
Getting all festive here today with gingerbread making , tree decorating etc. R loved her clementine and mini mince pie at lunch smile...

Nordicmom Sun 23-Dec-12 14:52:10

... Yes she has been eating well again just in time for the festivities . I'm unfortunately still feeling nauseaus and haven't been eating for the last 5 days but praying I'll be able to have some Christmas lunch since I really love the English Christmas food smile! DS is getting slowly better luckily so he'll hopefully have a fun time ...

HenriettaTurkey Sun 23-Dec-12 20:08:36

Ooh do get well soon. We have another clementine lover here. He giggles with excitement whenever he sees one!

Happy Christmas all!

christmasmummyvicky Sun 23-Dec-12 23:04:34

clementine lover here too, Nordic glad Rose is eating well and i do hope u get better for Christmas- Not long now......grin

I just thought id post on here first before the breastfeeding websites. DD hasn't had a bf all day since 6am missed the 3/4pm feed and the 8pm pre bedtime one.
She has been taking other liquids from sippy cup! My boobs are quite full now, not sure if i should take it as a cue that she wants to self wean? or just an off day? As you know she is very strong willed and and has hit lots of milestone lately.
I was gonna carry on till i returned to work next year. I do want to give up but was hoping for a slower process.

Well ill keep to posted, i might feed her in the night or still the 6am feed and see how it goes?

HenriettaTurkey Mon 24-Dec-12 18:33:14

It's a good question, Vicky. DS has completely adapted to dropping feeds and is currently on his third feed of the day having had a little one at 6.30am & an even shorter one at 12.30pm. If only I could shorten his mammoth bedtime feed too! I think he'd be fine only feeding at night, but my boobs wouldn't take it right now.

What would he have instead? Formula/cows milk/food & water?

Let us know how you get on!

Happy Christmas everyone. gringringrin

christmasmummyvicky Mon 24-Dec-12 20:10:18

I think she was just having an off day, today I feed her at 6am and then at 3pm. boobs recovers quicky in the morning they were so full.

Henrietta I give dd cows milk as 5/6pm and she has starting missing the night one, most of the time.
Quite glad really wasn't quite ready to stop just yet. Oh well going to continue to bf till next year.
I sometimes offer a yogurt or maybe water in the day!

Well merry Christmas to you all, enjoy your babies first one! smile

Jellybellyrbest Tue 25-Dec-12 06:53:10

Merry Christmas ladies & babes!!! Hope it's a happy healthy one & 2013 brings you all happiness & prosperity!

marshmallowpies Tue 25-Dec-12 07:28:59

Happy Christmas everyone! We've had a 'Christmas miracle' as DD slept through for the first time in the new house. She's just woken up now - 7.30 - hurrah!

ChristmasNancy Tue 25-Dec-12 14:41:19

Merry Christmas everyone!!! Have a great day grin.

dreamc1 Thu 27-Dec-12 08:23:12

Hope everyone and the babes had a loverly Christmas (smile)

All going well here. Harry is 8.5 mths now. He is on solids but only puree, the only thing he likes is Ella's Kitchen, but only stage 1. Tried stage 2, really dislikes it, tried my food pureed, dislikes that. Dislike's finger food. I guess he'll get there in the end.
Harry is weighing in around 8kg at a guess, wearing 9-12 mth clothing.
I'm back to my pre pregnancy weight and size (45kg, size 4-6). Haven't been near the gym!
Harry starts nursery twice a week for 5 hrs. So looking forward to that.
No sign of a sibling for him. Only had the contraceptive inj twice, still waiting for it to wear off. Last one was July.
Harry isn't quite crawling, but he moves bloody fast! Can't take me eyes off him for a second. Getting a playpen for him today, he's into everything, esp the XMas tree & wires.
Love reading everything that has been going on.

Hope you all have a very happy & healthy new year. xxx

BeyondStuffedWithXmassyGoodies Thu 27-Dec-12 11:28:54

Hope everyone had a great christmas!

DS2 found himself a toy that is going to last him a very long time on christmas morning. I'd say it was his best present, but I can't really take the credit for it... Sat on the bathroom floor pulling on his winkle and laughing grin

HugAndRoll Thu 27-Dec-12 13:08:25

Hi all! dream my goodness you're tiny! I'm a bit jealous as I'm still larger than I should be by a lot!

Low carbing/paleo in the new year. Half my issues are my sugar highs and crashes making me binge so low carb (once I'm past the initial withdrawal stages) should suit me.

This is my last week of maternity, back to work 2nd jan, its gone by way too quickly and I'm quite sad about it.

christmasmummyvicky Thu 27-Dec-12 20:16:31

Very jealous at your 4-6 jealous body dream! I'm a size 12/ 14 on a bad day! But back into all old clothes smile

My turn to be sick, I felt a headache coming on on Christmas day, but really enjoyed the day round my mothers where there was 10 family members.
Dd was good mostly all day, and only had half an hour nap at 4ish became quite upset so feed her and she had only another half an hour. Woke up slightly upset at 5pm when we were eating and just wanted mummy! Was fun trying in dinner with baby on your lap.
She did sleep a little later and then seemed much happier, her waking has come on leaps and is getting so confident. My sister could quite believe it!

I was sick Xmas night and all day boxing day and last night too. I Think I might have a virus been going hot and cold too. Either that or pregnant? But not much chance on the second! Hehe
My mother been watching dd for me and dh has been into and doesn't get sick pay!
Hopefully over the worst......

christmasmummyvicky Thu 27-Dec-12 21:47:02

Doh just re read post! Dd walking has come on leaps I ment to say.

Sleeping still hit and miss, but had some 8/9 stretches which in v happy about!!!!

Nordicmom Fri 28-Dec-12 02:26:43

I hope you get better soon Vicky, I managed to finally recover just in time for Christmas Day and could actually eat something. Somehow now more hungrier than ever. When i told my mom how nauseous I had been for days she said about the pregnant thing too funnily enough but It's not the case I'm sure!

HenriettaTurkey Fri 28-Dec-12 17:19:39

Evening all. Hope all is well and you're recovering from Christmas. I am just off to have my first smear in far too long. Since being pregnant I've developed a phobia of vaginal examinations (probably why sex still hurts too?) so I am bricking it. I was even prescribed a diazepam to take but haven't taken it as I'm driving & bf-ing. Although not at the same time. wink Also, needing to take it would make it seem a bigger deal iyswim.

Wish me luck getting rid of this irrational fear and not panicking! Honestly, it's not like I've not had one before. Pfft.

christmasmummyvicky Sat 29-Dec-12 16:17:50

I know how U feel Henrietta not loving them either!
funny I just not round to booking my smear. Which was due before baby!
Strange, I got the result back saying I've got to go back in 2yrs instead of 5. Because of cells changing! Slightly worrying as never had a problem before! sad

I've had 4 hard days and nights. Shes been up loads!. But I can thank my mum she been a star! I seem over it now just left with a little bit of upset tummy! sad

HollyPockett Mon 31-Dec-12 10:09:47

hug good luck for work on Wednesday, hope it's not too hard.

I had my smear 16 weeks after having DD, I was so scared but it was the easiest one ever blush

I anyone else having issues with settling babies now they can crawl and roll over? DD goes down like a dream but if she coughs or stirs just a tiny bit, she rolls over, sits up and that's it, she's awake. Takes us ages to settle her again. I would jut leave her to get on with it but ends up bumping her head or getting her legs stuck in the bars of the cot!

vicky glad to hear that you're feeling better. The norovirus has been doing the round this year.

HugAndRoll Tue 01-Jan-13 00:10:43

Happy new year to you and your families. 2012 brought us our babies and 2013 will see them grow and develop into toddlers. We need to cherish all the firsts this year as there will be a few!

HenriettaTurkey Tue 01-Jan-13 07:35:02

Happy new year all!!

laughingGnomette Tue 01-Jan-13 13:34:04

Happy new year all!! Our neighbours above had a loud party until 4am but DS miraculously slept through it all... I on the other hand didn't!! angry

Thanks for the reminder, I'm really overdue a smear. Will make an appointment tomorrow.

hug - best wishes for returning to work tomorrow. DS has the first of his 14(!!) settling in sessions at his nursery tomorrow before I go back on the 28th. Slightly nervous but I'm sure he'll be ok.

HugAndRoll Tue 01-Jan-13 13:57:47

14!! A only got 2, both an hour each.

HollyPockett Tue 01-Jan-13 14:44:30

Happy new year smile

Here's to an eventful and happy 2013

x

Holly we had a problem with settle dd at night as soon as she learn how to roll and stand up, so maybe 5/6 weeks ago, nightmare!!!! Before we would just read to her put her down and she stayed there. Now as soon as she wakes she is standing up at cot crying! So we left her, she started off crying for half an hour, then got less and less, sometimes only 10mins if that!
But most of the time she goes down now without a problem. smile
We did have had a few head bumps, but no legs sticking out out luckily, I've got the air save cot bumpers.

Night sleeping is still bad! sad on Nye we were at brother In laws so put her up stairs at 845\9 and she slept on till 1130pm, so woke up to see the newyear in with us!
The only time i didnt mind, which was nicesmile
Most time she is up twice a night, I've decided to go back to b-feeding to sleep. The leaving crying wasn't working and she would stay awake for up 1& 1/2 hrs. Ill now wait till she drops these feed! Unless I sent dh in cuddle back to sleep!
Day time breast feeding has cut down more, sometimes I do an afternoon one and sometimes none! Now always doing an 5/6am one and a 8pm one and the night ones. But she is taking water now lovely with meals. Really got the hang of sippy cup!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now