Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dec 08 Mums - still biffing on

(974 Posts)
LadyThompson Wed 11-Jul-12 22:49:17

Yes, yes, it's a bit lame. I wanted to say: "Still fucking on!" but wary of causing offence....

I know 'biffing' is a bit PG Wodehouse, as well. You'll just have to humour me grin

Beans36 Mon 16-Jul-12 12:48:54

Oh Nolda, that sounds tough. Might be an idea to have a day for you and DD and lavish affection and time on her and make sure she knows how much you love her. Do you think DH would look after DS for you so you could take her somewhere?

Just back from a weekend in Cumbria. Was marvellous and my littles were so good. Felt v proud. We had beautiful sunshine and went for loads of walks and a game fair and just had a ball. Afraid it's at the other end of the spectrum from your experience, Spot! Sorry! I must say, you do write so well, your post made me giggle, whilst cringing for you. You need a holiday now!

Had a long conversation with DH about another baby and, Obes, looks like we might be joining you on TTC in a few months. Shit. Eek. Yay! Terror. Veer between great excitement and total horror at my decision. AND we're getting a puppy in a couple of months. Bloody hell! What are we doing?

I have put the heating on here. It's bloody miserable with pissing rain. Feeling very sad. And our car is breaking, balls.

JamInMyWellies Mon 16-Jul-12 13:00:02

Beans we too are contemplating No.3 shock

McKayz Mon 16-Jul-12 13:06:42

Yay!! New babies!!

Nolda Mon 16-Jul-12 13:29:26

Hurrah for contemplating no. 3 announcements!

Beans, there is definitely something wrong when someone has a sunny holiday in Cumbria and it's pxxxing down on the south coast. Pleased for you nonetheless.

I too have the heating on. It's so much easier to try to look on the bright side when it's sunny outdoors. Chin up, if you were closer I'd try to tempt you with chocolate cake and biscuits with which I'm awash after DD's party on Saturday.

I think your right on some one on one time. I'll have to put my thinking cap on (and bribe DH). I do love DD and if I hadn't had DS, I would never have thought anything was wrong.

Beans36 Mon 16-Jul-12 14:02:27

Hey, Jam! That's cool. Although not yet. Am still taking the pill. Think am a bit in denial!
Nolda, could you take DD to lunch somewhere, then onto cinema or something? Then would only need to be for an afternoon. My two are in childcare til 3. I miss them! But won't be saying that next week in school holidays!

Spoke to a sleep expert this morning. I must leave Pru when she's screaming at night, until she reaches critical point, then go in and reassure, but not give her water. Then leave and do it again every time. She reckons it'll take a week til she gets it. But have to get DH's buy in. Hope he goes for it! I need her to sleep through before I even contemplate getting up the duff!!

Nolda Mon 16-Jul-12 14:08:54

We had to do that with DD, Beans. It didn't take a week. About 3 days I think (but it was hard). Do you think your DH won't agree?

Beans36 Mon 16-Jul-12 14:35:40

I think he will now I've pai someone to help me! Plus I'll make him!

But yes, think we'll get there now!

KiwiPanda Mon 16-Jul-12 15:55:59

Beans Wow to number 3! DH would be delighted if I announced I wanted a third. He once promised me that if we had a third, I could get a cat so it's tempting wink

Nolda Yes I think we should definitely do it more often! DD1 would have been much more jolly about it if she hadn't been so tired and now she's done it once she has that memory, IFSWIM, and knows we came back and everything was fine.. She slept over 12 hours last night so she must have been SO shattered poor mite. The best thing was that my in laws were just totally relaxed about it, which made us feel relaxed, no drama or anything. My parenst on the other hand would have been texting every 1 minute. They are so useless hmm

Hey ho what a miserable day. AGAIN. I think even the snails and slugs in my garden are a bit fed up now.

KiwiPanda Mon 16-Jul-12 16:05:52

PS Opinions sought: I keep obsessing over this dress. Shall I buy it (I have £100 voucher so would still be pricey but not as much..) Too boring?

Beans36 Mon 16-Jul-12 16:06:41

Kiwi - I'm so glad it went well having someone else to put your DDs to bed. I must admit, we've had other people do it loads, which has been great as means we've been able to go to weddings etc without them. In fact, we're leaving them with inlaws a week on Friday until Sunday evening so we can go to a wedding in York, where DH is best man and I'm doing the make up! Hurray!

DH managed to persuade me into having a third by totally playing on my vanity. I've been toying with the idea, but had decided no, two was fine. But he told me what a fantastic mother I am and that it was a case of the more the merrier. I was so chuffed that I agreed. Promise I'm not that shallow, though. I've been thinking about a third for months now and have never been able to completely put it out of my mind, despite thinking I'd convinced myself that two was enough! Ho hum.

Indith Mon 16-Jul-12 16:20:26

Dress is nice but boring. If you are going to buy a navy wrap dress you might as well just buy this one for 16.

It is great when grandparents are happy to babysit isn't it. MIL is sort of ok but faffs and panics. My parents and the dcs are happy as pigs in shit together, it is fab.

Very exciting at all the number 3s coming up in the future! 3 is great grin <<hides eye bags>> <<shoves mess under carpet>>

I went out on Saturday. I had a cocktail and a pile of calamari. FIL was here so dh left him with the big ones a =nd drove me in/picked me up so I could have the drink. I love dh grin.

Nolda I second/third/whatever spending some time with your dd. I should do the same really. I know how you feel. I adore dd but it isn't an easy bond in the same way it is with the boys. I feel so guilty about the first couple of years of her life too, especially her baby days. Everything was so blury and horrible and I was an absolute mess. Things are wonderful with ds2 which just makes it all the worse when I think about how it was with her.

What are people planning for the summer then to stop the dcs driving you mad? I need to get all my plans on paper and start sorting out what I need. We have a few trips in mind but ds1 wants to make bows and arrows so we need to go to a garden centre and get bamboo canes and we are going to have a bit of a big project and have a bash at making a clay pizza oven!

I have a meeting with preschool on Wednesday. Ha. I hate the bloody place so I am going to attempt to put a fire cracker up some arses. Sadly I don't hold out much hope.

Indith Mon 16-Jul-12 16:21:40

Disclaimer- I am shit at fashion related things.

Beans36 Mon 16-Jul-12 16:31:28

I'm with Indith, Kiwi - the dress is ok, but I wouldn't spend that much money on a plain navy dress. Although, I too am no fashion guru. I buy my jeans at Tesco after all. I spent a happy hour turning up the hem of one pair this morning and they'd only cost me £10. Wasn't really worth the hassle! I love them and find them really comfy and flattering. I already have them in blue and couldn't find size 12 regular anywhere, not even online in black, so bought size 12 long leg and have hemmed them. silly girl! See, no fashion sense!

Beans36 Mon 16-Jul-12 16:32:18

Oh tits having said I couldn't find them in regular anywhere, they have clearly restocked and I could have just got them online. What a bastard.

McKayz Mon 16-Jul-12 16:43:31

I can't imagine spending so much on a dress. But then I live in H&M, Primark and New look stuff. I don't really follow fashion.

I am buying the dress Indith linked to but in purple for DDs christening. I am so fat it is depressing so it better not look too awful sad

Indith Mon 16-Jul-12 16:45:06

I have one of the long sleeved ones in red Kayz, it is quite flattering on the tummy and should make your norks look so fabulous noone will see the tummy anyway.

McKayz Mon 16-Jul-12 16:50:32

Can you BF in it? This is the problem I'm having. I am going to York tomorrow so hoping they have the dress in the shop.

KiwiPanda Mon 16-Jul-12 16:51:34

I quite like boring grin but I think you are right, it's a bit dull. Maybe a DP dress will fulfill my need for a wrap one.

KiwiPanda Mon 16-Jul-12 16:53:22

ps DD2 has just learnt to clap AND wave. She's so cute

Indith Mon 16-Jul-12 16:58:35

Yes you can bf easily. Wrap dresses leave the whole of the top of your nork exposed when feeding though so get a cheap vest top and cut it into a crop top then you can pull that up before you pull the wrap down so it covers the top of your boob. I have a couple of vest tops in full length so they cover my tummy when I lift my top to feed and a couple I've sliced into crop tops to cover the top of my boob when I pull a wrap/unbutton a neckline for feeding.

McKayz Mon 16-Jul-12 17:00:05

I'd never thought of cutting the tops. I will do that, thanks smile

Indith Mon 16-Jul-12 17:01:57

New Look sell bandeau tops too which work well under wrap dresses but I think you are rather more blessed than I am in the nork department and I'm not sure they would work so well for you!

KiwiPanda Mon 16-Jul-12 17:05:41

You could just drape a scarf/ shawl type thing over your shoulder too. God knows you'll need the warmth in this weather anyway...!

McKayz Mon 16-Jul-12 17:12:53

Indith, a 40E at the minute. I'm hoping to be a bit smaller once its all settled down.

KiwiPanda Mon 16-Jul-12 18:25:51

If you thought the first one was a bit boring and expensive, check out THIS number...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now