Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sept 2010 - Another 6 months past, it's going too fast!

(1000 Posts)
comixminx Wed 11-Apr-12 21:32:47

Our lovely new thread for the September 2010 babies. Dive in folks!

SilverBirdie Wed 13-Mar-13 21:59:40

Strop monster!

Ds1 had to have his head circ remeasured as it was very small compared to his weight, a day later it was between 75th and 91st the same as his weight so I had obviously done a good job of squashing it!! Girls are generally smaller though, head, length and weight.

Luke was the same about a month ago, constantly in time out but hes so much better now. I've found the same with ds1, a period of hardwork an then finally realising that mummy won't give in no matter how horrible they are they go back to being easier and then another challenge of your authority comes along!

sassy34264 Thu 14-Mar-13 11:36:49

sliver i can't won't comment on the csec debate, as it would be quite negative in my own experience. Everyone is different through. Hopefully cinnamon is right and your dd has a smaller head. x

I have never done time out. Chloe was a little miss goody two shoes and hated to get told off, and i have quite a firm shouty voice with the twins and they tend to do what they are told for the time being

lumpylumps Thu 14-Mar-13 16:38:05

Aargh! I wrote a post last night and its not here!!! I'll have to try to remember what I said now!!

Not lifting Jack is ridiculous!!! Of course you can, you just have to remember to be careful and not pull any muscles!! I know a couple of people who have had a vbac so yes, although you're more likely to have a cs, it's not a given. And as for the recovery and hospital, just make sure you tell them what happened last time and how worried you are. You know now what to expect so if it's not happening, pester!!! You will probably find that what ever happens your recovery will be quicker this time. You just have to get on with it cos you have Jack to look after too. It's not all so new and daunting, your life has already changed to fit round a baby, slotting another in won't seem so huge!!!

SilverBirdie Thu 14-Mar-13 18:52:04

Thanks everyone for posting. It's not the fact I'll be juggling two but more that after J I was literally bed bound. I know some people recover well from emcs but I was certainly not one who's body coped well. It pissed me off so much cos I was itching to get on with everything. Anyway.... Am going to stay positive for as long as possible.
We never do time out either. Thankfully if J has a big strop they are over very quickly and he hates being in trouble too... Helps a lot!
He's not what i'd call naughty, more stroppy when he wants to be grin but he's distracted really quickly nowadays and a stern voice is enough for him to understand he's not pleasing us.

Got a night off tomorrow... Late Valentine's treat overnight in Manchester so need to make sure I get my sleeping in tonight grin

lumpylumps Thu 14-Mar-13 21:27:36

When I did a surgical placement, it was amazing how quick the smokers recovered compared to the non smokers. They wanted to get outside for a fag. You'll be like that. Your fag is Jack but 100000000000 times healthier and cuter!! What will be will be and even if you are as bad as last time you're having a baby and I'm so excited so that's all that matters!!! (Can I have an "f" please?!)

SilverBirdie Thu 14-Mar-13 21:34:57

grin lumps you are a love!
Course ya can.... Text posting details as only have first two lines of your address in my memory grin

I know.... What will be will be but want to be in better shape for bf success etc.
oooooo..... Bought a pot of pale pink paint today so there'd better be no mistake smile

I would have thought that considering your previous experience they will be giving you super attention! My friend had a really bad experience with her first, she was left alone for a long time (totally alone as her husband was a useless fuck couldn't cope with labour and went home) and it's taken her until her ds was 5 to consider it, he was 6 yesterday and she's due in May. Apart from sorting out another birthing partner she has also spoken lots about her previous experience which I think helped her and the midwife and consultant are well aware of all of her issues.

When I had ds1, I was given a booklet about induction which gave me all the stats and I was in such a state about the risks of cs and assisted delivery being so much higher. I was induced with both and had unassisted natural deliveries so twice was in the positive outcome stats.

My cousins other half also had a planned cs due to breech with her first and had a successful vbac with her second.

What will be will be and no amount of worrying will help. I still feel sad that I never went into labour myself or had the lovely relaxed water birth I wanted or even managed a delivery without stirrups or a natural third stage BUT I have 2 healthy boys, I am still in pretty good shape for having two children and no-one other than me can see why it bothers me! Maybe I will change dh's mind and will have a third exactly as I want, or perhaps I will have a third and have a total nightmare or maybe I will stick with my two and never know. Enjoy your pregnancy and your little man and I really wish you the best possible birth and bf experience xxx

Grrrr..... bit of a rant! If you are queuing for the toilet and a lady comes in with a little boy and lady says you'll just have to hold it there's people in front of us, hold on etc would you say why don't you go in front or just ignore them and enter toilet when next one becomes available? Well apparently you just carry on going into toilet and leave 2 year old to cross his legs! I took him in the men's for his poo, he did so well telling me and getting to the public toilet so I didn't want him to have an accident and be upset. Bloomin selfish people angry

SilverBirdie Sun 17-Mar-13 10:01:24

cinnamon sorry but no amount of pleading would have made me let anyone go ahead of me yesterday [runs] emoticon TMI!
There's no way I'd have chanced stains on myself and I'd have figured a two year old could put his spares on if he had an accident. I wasn't off the loo all afternoon yesterday so heaven help if we'd been out and about.
Also, I remember my fil being really upset after he used the disabled loo and a mum with a toddler (also not disabled) gave him what for afterward because the child had leaked. I went and found her in the coffee shop and gave some back as what she hadn't seen was fil's stains from his oozing catheter sad stupid woman didn't apologise or anything.... Rude biatch angry

I think most people, minus unusual circumstances like above would have happily let you go ahead so maybe there was more to it at her end (no pun intended)

So, I've felt rubbish for 24 hours. Drained, pins and needles, dizzy and not off the loo. If 5 months preggers would you speak to your mw about it??

It was more than one woman, so unlikely it was unusual circumstances but suppose it could be. That's very sad about your fil, there are a lot of people who feel entitled. There were no disabled involved in my incident. Having had a disabled nan and having nightmares with parking I am very strict about stuff like that!

I think if you've got the runs that could well account for the rest of your symptoms. Try to keep hydrated and if it doesn't ease off in a day or so then go and see her. Otherwise I'd put it down to a bug and not a lot they can do.

lumpylumps Sun 17-Mar-13 18:22:20

I'm not getting at you cinnamon but not all disabilities are physical or visible!! I would have been annoyed and whilst I agree with you beady that a 2 year old could just get changed, it can be very upsetting for a newly trained toddler to have an accident and could even put them back. cinnamon I'd have either said "perhaps one of these nice ladies in front will let you go before them" and then if in the mood it would have put me in some sarcy comment about how no one did!!!

Give the mw a ring beady that's what they're there for.

Assuming no disabilities as there was also a disabled toilet which none of them went into. I can't be that blunt, wish I could!

SilverBirdie Sun 17-Mar-13 21:42:33

Yeah.... I doubt that more one person ahead of you in a queue could have had a reasonable excuse sad
Some folk really are just thoughtless.

I've felt rubbish for two weeks. Cannot shake the snots at all and my sinuses hurt like crazy but have had sinusitis and don't think it's as bad as then.
My folks haven't had Jack for 2 weeks and I've had two full time months with Notonthehighstreet as well as having J 24/7 so think I need some major r&r to try and shake it once and for all.

On a brighter note we got given our third bag of beautiful pink clothes. I'm not gonna need to spend anything on this little bean.

Very much looking forward to consultant appt re: possible vbac so hope s/he is nice smile

J has a controlled allergy test on Friday at hospital. We have to get there at 7am and he'll be given increasing dozes of egg every two hours until he reacts. I doubt we'll be there for long as I then pink he's still allergic. His skin reacts very quickly to strawberries. We don't avoid them totally as it results in eczema rather than hives but I'll be surprised if he doesn't react to egg.

Well done on the run cinnamon sounds like a pretty impressive time too! Hope you're not aching too badly smile

SilverBirdie Sun 17-Mar-13 21:44:18

Then pink...... Or think even!!

Dixiebell Mon 18-Mar-13 07:13:03

beady, ^^what everyone else has said re birth. But just try and keep in mind that the most important thing is to get your LO into the world safe and healthy, and you'll do whatever's needed to do that, and cope. So don't spend time worrying about what might go wrong. It will all work out. Teddy's birth wasn't the easy second birth I might have wanted, but he's here, safe and sound and lovely. And I can't stop thinking about a poss no.3, so it hasn't put me off completely!

Teddy's 15 weeks now. Smiling, giggling, grabbing at things, and I swear he says hello (well, ehh-yo)! Love my two boys.smile

My two are best friends really and I love it Dixiebell!

Had a really shit couple of days, glad for a couple of long weekends coming up smile What do you all do for Easter? As kids we always had boiled eggs for breakfast which we coloured/drew on before we ate them and got a chocolate egg (no hunt). Mine don't like boiled eggs sad but we do an Easter egg hunt and they get a small boxed egg too. My mum buys huge eggs and a toy which slightly annoys me but they love and does another hunt in her garden.

Dixiebell Wed 20-Mar-13 05:22:28

Sorry you've been having a bad time cinnamon. We are going to MIL's for eater. We don't have any rituals, but there will prob be an Easter egg hunt at some point. We don't tend to buy eggs as Arlo has been given them by grandparents in the past, and that's more than enough chocolate!

Up feeding. Was up at 3 too. Wish teddy would go a bit longer, at least till 6, as Arlo will be up then anyway probably. I'm sure Arlo was sleeping through by this age. Teddy does 4 hour stretches at most.

I know how you feel, Luke nearly killed me with night wakings! Ds1 slept through from 12 weeks but Luke was 7 months and was up multiple times a night. Remember taking him to the clinic and hv saying how well he was doing sleeping through at 7 months, guess it can always be worse!

Wow, very quiet week here! Hope everyone is well smile

SilverBirdie Wed 27-Mar-13 21:43:56

I've been hibernating under yet more snow grrrrr
I love it but now it can all just feck off angry

Been reading lots of threads re: vbac this week to get prepared for my consultants appointment yesterday. Total waste of time as after waiting 45 minutes, I went in and they couldn't access any notes from Jack's birth. Surprise surprise.... I swear if Jack or I die nobody will know.
Never have an appointment for either of us without a major hiccup......... So aside from feeling completely let down, I feel like opting for vbac is just asking for trouble given all the hassle we have with the NHS.
Going to try and get an appointment with a vbac midwife if we have one and hope for the best after that hmm

Sorry to post on here about pregnancy stuff. This year's July thread is already on its 9th thread..... Could be more by now and it's not July 2013 hasn't even happened yet. Needless to say I haven't been able to keep up with it sad

Sorry to hear about your waste of time appointment SilverBirdie. Do you have the possibility of a different hospital? I think I would have asked for another appointment where they actually have your notes! I wouldn't say you're asking for trouble, there's nothing to say you won't sail through this labour. Make it clear about your worries and make sure you get answer you want. I hope your midwife appointment was more successful.

Debs75 Sun 31-Mar-13 12:54:12

Hi everyone I banned MN for Lent, and to get on with my college work, but I am back now and ready to waste countless amounts of time chatting away.

Lucy is potty trained enough now to go out without a nappy onsmile she doesn't even want one on for bed but as she is still in her cot I make her.

SilverBirdie Is that Beady? Only had a skim through but if you want a vbac then keep asking to see a vbac mw. Will your normal mw go through your hopes and fears or are you just being fobbed off? Remember it is your birth and you need to be in some control. remember the BRAN questions. The BENEFIT of another csec, the RISKS of another csec, the ALTERNATIVES to another csec and doing NOTHING these will help you stay in some control of the decision process.

lumpylumps Wed 03-Apr-13 18:38:40

Evening all. Welcome back debs, yes silverbirdie is beady

Well, after a lovely long weekend in scarborough, day 1 of potty training has been a lot less stressful than I thought it would be!! 3 pairs of wet pants between 9 and 11.30 then dry all day!! I've used a timer so I didn't let him go too long. He's not told me when he's wanted to go yet but knows when he doesn't!!! Fingers crossed it continues!!!

Hope everyone had a good Easter!

newmum001 Wed 03-Apr-13 20:51:42

Hi guys, its been soooo long. Really sorry but theres no way i can catch up on everything but hope everyones well.

i know you all probably saw on fb that me and dp split up. It all just got a bit shit and we didn't get on and drifted apart blah blah blah. There was no drama and we actually get on so much better now we're not together. Grace barely noticed that he moved out seeing as i'm at home with her all day anyway and he's at work and she's coped with everything so well. She's started at nursery too, still cries when i leave her but it's all for show cause she's fine and playing before i even close the door behind me. There's no hint of her being a baby anymore, she's a full on stroppy, intellegent, hilarious little girl. she's my partner in crime!

Beady is it a pink or blue baby???

This thread is not accepting new messages.