Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sept 2010 - Another 6 months past, it's going too fast!

(1000 Posts)
comixminx Wed 11-Apr-12 21:32:47

Our lovely new thread for the September 2010 babies. Dive in folks!

SilverBirdie Sun 03-Mar-13 20:47:16

Gold star for sassy grin
My comment was referring to Mums of multiples of boys really.... Who've seemed a bit peeved/jealous which I find a bit sad but then I do feel incredibly blessed. Can't get my head around a girl.... I was so sure it was another bundle of blue smile
Over the moon to use our fave girls' name.... if it suits of course

sassy34264 Sun 03-Mar-13 20:58:40

grin I got all mine right too. I have untapped psychic abilities. smile

Plus, on your scan it looked like a feminine face to me wink

sassy34264 Sun 03-Mar-13 20:59:47

Congrats again by the way. x

SilverBirdie Sun 03-Mar-13 21:03:16

Wow! You are good. That scan pic was pretty crap grin

Luke went through a horrible stage of being up 3 or 4 times a night and it was a killer Dixiebell, although not always for milk, so I totally feel your pain!! I can see where you're coming from with having a third but I can't honestly say I would definitely feel done at 3. Perhaps when I got there as I know a few people who say having a third is much more than adding one more, more like doubling the work!

Yay for a pink one SilverBirdie! I think it's lovely to have one of each, you get to experience both. Having said that mine are the same sex and couldn't be more different!!! I have a friend who has a girl 4 months only than ds1 and a boy 6 weeks younger than Luke and she's very negative about boys sad Her girl was so easy and lovely and her boy is quite boistrous. Well my first boy was like her girl and second boy is like her boy, so I think a lot has to do with being second born (from others I know too) but I love him and all the hard work he brings and he has so many lovely/positives that ds1 doesn't have that's makes the 25 min tantrums and kicks/punches/bites worthwhile. I have a friend who has 2 dd's and she won't have a third as she says she can't be lucky enough to have a third girl and really doesn't want a boy sad I used to work with a man who wanted 4 girls, he was one of 2 boys who didn't get on and he had this idea that you needed more than 2 so that they'd find a sibling they liked and that girls together were much better! My two are boys and best buddies but me and my brother did so much together and so did dh and his sister. I think what I'm trying to say is that whatever you have you will love and that a family is what you make it not what sex/order/number of children you have.

On the bed front I would go for straight into beds and the rooms they are going to go in sassy34264. Then this room will be where you have a bed and will be on your own and you won't have a struggle to make another change. I'm probably not describing that very well! My friend did this with her dd, when her and her ex broke up and she moved she used that as an opportunity to put her dd in a bed. The bed was in the new house and the cot was at the old house.

I will warn you I've had several friends who have moved to bigger houses so their children have separate rooms and have ended up with them in the same room as they've got used to sleeping together and didn't like being alone! One friend now has the problem that her dd (6) wants her brother out but he loves his big sis, so all his stuff is in his room so she has her own space but he still has his bed in her room and sleeps there as she kept finding him in bed with her anyway grin

SilverBirdie Sun 03-Mar-13 22:47:57

cinnamon those stories are so sad! Of course children will be different and who knows what their relationships will be like as they grow old but for parents to not enjoy them, whatever sex, I just find heartbreaking.
I think maybe I am a little relieved in that I was worried a second boy would never 'be Jack' but then I know that feeling can probably only exist in my head before any second DC has been born...... And then, I think I wanted a brother for Jack so who knows what the next 2-3 years may bring. Gonna see how I cope with what will probably be an awful delivery again ( not bitter or scarred at all) grin and what the first sleep deprived months do to us smile

Jack still in his cot as we're struggling with the thought of us being in the loft bedroom and DCs being downstairs confused
sassy I shared a bedroom with my twin until we were 11 I think so by then we loved getting our own rooms but not sure we'd have been separated as kids. Dsis would probably have liked it though.... Not me smile

I was worried about having two boys too but I love them both soooooo much and in such different ways, hard to describe until you're there.

We have a three storey house and both of mine were on the floor below us from the first night we were home from hospital and they were absolutely fine smile

Dixiebell Mon 04-Mar-13 06:39:40

sassy, no experience of separating siblings of course but I think I'd do it all in one go and sell it as exciting, new house, new room, new bed. It might take time to get used to but at least there won't be another change to get their heads round. Arlo settled really well into his new room and big boy bed and was v excited about being a big boy. Hope it goes well for you. BTW, we took the bar off the bed a week ago and he hasn't fallen out yet, although Rabbit did (cue frantic shouting in middle of night!)

lumpychristmaspud Mon 04-Mar-13 13:04:48

Oh no!! Poor rabbit. Is he ok???[Grin]

sassy I'd do it all in one go too. Get it over and done with!!! May be a nightmare at 1st but better 1 nightmare than 2!!!

Yey beady a pink one!!! How lovely. You'd better get some shopping done!!!

We had a fab weekend. I missed the boys like I never thought I could but it was so nice to have some time as a couple!! We went round a brewery and a chocolate museum.

lumpylumps Mon 04-Mar-13 14:35:55

How's this???

Oh yes, the shopping for a girl, what a dream that would be! We were in Clarks Saturday and I spent half the time admiring the girls sparkly shoes for me!

Took me a while lumpylumps!!! How's what I was thinking, re read you're post 5 times before I realised, not the sharpest tool in the box!

Dixiebell Mon 04-Mar-13 18:57:13

Yes beady, congratulations on little girl! How lovely to have one of each. I had that worry with the second, that how could they be loved like my precious little baby, especially with another boy, but it is amazing to realise you love this little new scrap just as much as the first one. But I will warn you, suddenly the first one seems like a galumphing great giant in comparison, rather than your little baby anymore!

Lympy, Rabbit has recovered from his fall, but if he disturbs my extremely precious sleep again by throwing himself out of bed, he may never recover from what I'll do to him... wink

Dixiebell Mon 04-Mar-13 18:58:19

Oops, lumpy, not suggesting another name change!

lumpylumps Mon 04-Mar-13 19:24:55

We had hysterics one night because foxy had gone!!! They're so funny.

We're making the first slow steps towards potty training. He started sitting on it. You can see the concentration on his face trying to do a wee!!

Yes, the second one makes the first one seem absolutely gigantic!!!

My two slept together on the floor in ds1's room last night, with their own duvets and slept all night long AND I had to wake them up this morning!! Should do it more often!

patito Thu 07-Mar-13 21:38:17

congratulations beady! DS and Maia are best buddies they play and fight all day together, and best of all she plays with all his stuff. She has some of her own dolls and stuff but mostly loves racing the cars around on the floor behind big brother. I´d feared being taken over by My little Pony´s and the care bears.

Maia has a stinker of a cold and lots of spots, but not a rash like chicken pox. So i think she might have some virus (which might explain wee problems).

sassy congrats on the house, im really getting excited about moving now. Gonna mean more storage for us too and I cant wait for the garden!!!! 7 yrs in Spain and haven´t had a garden to eat outside.

Happy Mothers Day to everyone, hope you're all having a lovely day smile thanks

lumpylumps Sun 10-Mar-13 19:14:06

Happy mothers day all you yummy mummies!!! Hope you've had a good day. I have, my boys bought me a beautiful sewing box, I feel like I'm officially a mummy now!! I also got my 1st ever 100% independently written card from ds1. Every card is special but for some reason when it's all their own work, it's somehow more special!!

SilverBirdie Tue 12-Mar-13 20:08:17

Just a quick post to welcome newmum back grin and <<hugs>> if you need them.
Will be on soon, hopefully, to pick all your brains about pregnancy stuff. The July thread I'm watching moves too quickly and I can't be bothered to keep up so hope you lovelies don't mind me moaning on at you [sceptical]

No probs with moaning!

lumpylumps Wed 13-Mar-13 16:47:29

Am I being blind??? Is newmum back?????

SilverBirdie Wed 13-Mar-13 20:00:46

Not yet lumps but she said on FB that she might be back soon so just wanted to welcome her back as been such a long time since we heard from her.

Right...... Onto the moaning: aside from the absolute, utter exhaustion I am already starting to pap myself about another horrendous delivery. I cannot have another recovery like I did with J, just will not be possible unless J moves out sad
Have two consultant appointments coming up so might feel better then but hate the thought that after a csec chances of a vbac are reduced.
Plus, if I get abandoned again by staff I think I will have lost all hope, ever, of anything good ever happening to me in hospital sad
Can already feel my scar tissue stretching which freaks me out that I'm already over average size. (20 week measurements show same)
I checked back and Jack was on about the 98.5th percentile for length and worse..... Head circumference. Oh ffs I'm going to actually die!!
Someone come and tell me I can just wake up one morning with dd by my side.

Also, how on earth do you not lift, carry, pick up a two and a half year old when pregnant. Mw was aghast when I walked in with J in my arms

Firstly I don't see any problem with carrying a child when pregnant!! I worked up until 42 weeks pushing and carrying toddlers and babies and was fine, didn't have a cs previously though.

Vbac is a term only for those who've had a cs so it is of course possible and probable that you can have one. You know what you want and your body has done the vast majority of it before. Second labours are generally easier and girls smaller so that's in your favour. Plus if you do have another cs you will spring back faster because you have to. It's amazing what you can do when you need to. There is a lady who I know from toddlers who has just had a little girl naturally after having an ecs due to her ds being breech and she said it was wonderful. You need to think positively and believe in yourself and that if its a worse case scenario Jack will know that you need him to adjust slightly for a while. Plus you have a support dp who will be there for you too!

SilverBirdie Wed 13-Mar-13 21:59:02

Thanks cinnamon so good to hear stories of vbacs.
It's the head circumference that bothers me more than weight. Aside from J's heart rate slowing, I don't know that I'd have got him out myself sad
Hopefully a growth scan in third trimester can give some indication. Do they also look at state of scar tissue? I've heard that but need to do some research I think.
Would hate, hate to have another csec as it would mean any possible 3rd would have to be too sad

On a brighter note, J seems to have come through a tough few weeks. He's been gorgeous this week after seeming to have hit terrible twos a few months back. Not that he's naughty but he can be a stop monster when he wants grin

We should do a 2.5 catch up for all our Sept 2010 babies grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.