Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Sept 2010 - Another 6 months past, it's going too fast!

(1000 Posts)
comixminx Wed 11-Apr-12 21:32:47

Our lovely new thread for the September 2010 babies. Dive in folks!

comixminx Sat 26-Jan-13 23:03:33

Still no potty training here: think we'll go for the Beadit timescale and hope to give it a proper go around Easter (unless se suddenly gets keen before that). Today she was clearly doing a poo and I asked her "are you doing a poo?" - she said no (she normally says this). So this time I asked her, "Well, what are you doing, then?", and she said "A wee wee"! Not true apart from if it was as well as the big poo in her nappy... hmm

BeanstalkandBump Mon 28-Jan-13 20:22:09

Decided to wait to potty train here. My friend is training her dd just 5 weeks younger than J and so far she has peed on our beanbag, pooed at our dinner table at tea time, peed on our living room carpet twice and peed in our toy basket. And this is two weeks into it. She is more aware than J of her toileting so its made me want to wait until he has more of an understanding. I could not be doing with all that after two weeks of solidly training.... Or is that totally normal? To have umpteen changes throughout the day?

Been struggling recently with major tiredness and due to the snow not having any break from J but still having to fulfil orders in the run up to Valentine's. need some tlc and decent sleep. On a positive we are having a ful house of new carpets! Cannot wait. It's been a long, long time coming grin

Has anyone found any nice lowercase alphabet bits and pieces? Cards, prints, toys etc? Everything I might like is uppercase....... I think they learn both together at school but I'd like lower case in J's new room.

Hope everyone is well and thawing out grin

comixminx Tue 29-Jan-13 07:33:25

Beady, I'm sure you can find magnetic fridge letters in lowercase cos I've got some for Aphra, but you're right, almost everything is in uppercase, isn't it?

BeanstalkandBump Tue 29-Jan-13 08:16:10

comix we have those (they drive me mental with mess) but I want things for his new room really. I'm making some cushions and stencilling things on them so its a start but would love to hear if anyone finds anything smile

We are reorganising soon and Jack will be getting our current bedroom which is over 4x5. Cannot wait to make it a little child's space, and gain most of our living room back again grin

sassy34264 Tue 29-Jan-13 09:45:36

We have some rubber letters from tesco that stick to the side of the bath. They are lower case.

letters

sassy34264 Tue 29-Jan-13 09:50:32

for his bedroom

Look at the bottom of the page, where the other letters are advertised.

They learn mostly with lower case at ds1's school BeanstalkandBump. With the potty training both mine were pretty much accident free after a couple of weeks. Luke is still not reliable with poo (2 accidents this weekend, both in the morning before he was dressed so slid down pyjama bottoms, all week was fine but he does only go once a day) but wee's he's very good with and it is 3 weeks since we started. Perhaps you should do it before you get new carpets though wink

comixminx Tue 29-Jan-13 14:27:10

Beadit, just found some locally to me! It's in a mental health charity shop though that sells stuff made by people who have mh problems so it's hardly going to be available wide-spread... I could send you some though if you only wanted a few letters? They're wooden letters about four or five cm high.

BeanstalkandBump Tue 29-Jan-13 14:47:44

Thanks comix that's really, really nice of you but I'm sure I'll come across something. Also, it's insanely difficult to find fuzzy felts on the high street! What's that about? I remember them being really popular.
cinnamon I can't wait for my carpets!!! And don't have enough time to commit before they arrive. It's gonna spell trouble i know! grin

Just had a mooch on free cycle and someone locally is giving away a 5ft trampoline in good condition...... Slightly giddy about it and awaiting a reply smile

Good luck with the trampoline! I got my fuzzy felts in ELC smile

BeanstalkandBump Tue 29-Jan-13 21:49:13

So trampoline turns out to be one without a net that is a foot off the ground. Sort of the stage between the ones with a bar and ones with a net.
Those with older children.... Is it pointless? Would Jack just outgrow it really soon. He's not very jumpy yet though so wonder if it might do the summer at least?
I know it's a daft ? But thanks in advance grin

lumpychristmaspud Wed 30-Jan-13 19:59:11

I need a new lumpy name!!! Answers on a post card please!!

So ollys totally better now. I'm pleased about that but I have to admit I'm missing all the cuddles!!! Beady beanstalk, New sofa coming next week, I'm also waiting till well after that till the nappies come off!!! He'll still be in them when he's 18!!!

I've dyed my hair shock that may seem like nothing, bit of history. I'm a natural blonde. Always have been except for when I dyed it back when I was 18 after my boyfriend dumped me!!! Always been proud that it's natural but it's gradually been getting darker, it's that age thing!!! So I finally caved a dyed it tonight back to my natural colour, which I know technically isn't my natural colour anymore but I love it!! I'm me again!! Small things eh?! [Grin]

lumpychristmaspud Wed 30-Jan-13 19:59:46

[Grin]

lumpychristmaspud Wed 30-Jan-13 20:00:26

Bloody predictive text!!! grin

lumpychristmaspud Wed 30-Jan-13 20:02:24

Ha got you!! Newman was it you that used to post a load of messages waiting for someone to reply??? Or was it you beady beanstalk??

lumpychristmaspud Wed 30-Jan-13 20:03:22

Oops!!! Predictive text strikes again!!! Sorry newmum

Glad Olly's better lumpychristmaspud, glad you're happy with your hair colour. I have so many greys I need to dye my hair but it's such a pita! I used to dye my hair red mostly but had some black bits and highlights at other times but I got fed up of the ginger after colour and having to do it too often.

Not a lot of news here, Luke is still doing well with his potty training, unless he's with his dad it seems hmm! He's still very challenging and hits regularly when he doesn't get his own way but he is also so loving and kind at times too. He's very cheeky and gets away with lots because of it! He's talking loads now and I'm loving spotting the new sounds coming out in order as I'm so aware from ds1's speech therapy smile. Yesterday at gymnastics he pulled his trousers and pants down and said 'I want be naked, mummy'!! He also told me Tuesday when I wouldn't let him do what he wanted 'I not your son Mummy, I want my Daddy!!', no idea where that phrase comes from!

Not quite sure what you are describing BeanstalkandBump but I think trampolines are always popular! My mum has a little one she uses for exercising and ds1 still loves that!

patito Sun 03-Feb-13 22:38:25

Hellooooo

Im back in the UK! Flew in on Friday a very old friend got married ysterday so couldn't miss her big day. Loved it, ages since Ive been out on a proper do over here. And the best part was the kids behaved so well, Maia babbled through the church service (but really quietly smile), and DS managed to stay in his seat. beanstalkbump thank you - beautiful as always. Will email later x

Just had a bit of a catch up, hope those poorly throats are feeling better.

Cant believe we've missed all the snow, says might get a bit later in the week but not enough for sledging sad.

Hoping to go and see Wizard of Oz at local theatre with DS, next week is carnival week and there is a fancy dress party at our local school. DS and friends (and me blush grin) are going as characters from Oz, Maia is going to be Glinda the good witch, or as she calls her "the prinsella!!" ds as tin man and im going as the W. wtch of the east (the one who dorothy lands on with her house)

Glad you had a good time patito!

I have FINALLY stopped bfing Luke, I hope! He had a couple of nights without asking for various reasons and last night and tonight he asked and I just said no. We had to have a little chat and we had a big cuddle instead and no huge kick off and strop, so looking good so far.

patito Mon 11-Feb-13 14:31:56

Congratulations cinnamon, must say im a bit envy. Maia feeds just on waking and its really hard to break, but mostly its my laziness as if i feed her it means another 30-45 mins in bed !!!!

Flew back last night. Had a nice week at home, fitted in 2 fish and chip suppers and plenty of tea (with fresh milk, only long life stuff here urghh) and malted milks!! Small pleasures grin.

Hope everyones well, seems quiet.

Will be doing pancake day tomorrow, one tradition easy to keep up. Is anyone doind lent this year, I usually give up chocolate and meat. DP says he isn´t going to do it, so will be on my own if I do.

He stopped mornings before he was two but bedtime was always very important to him and I didn't want the fight to stop him until now. So nice to get them ready read a story and just go down stairs. He was complaining a couple of times that there was no milk coming when he was on the left side anyway.

We will have pancakes too patito, I LOOOOOVVVEE them just a pain I didn't realise it was this week and I'm going to the cinema with my friend so I will have to only have a couple or there will be no room for popcorn wink. Luke loves lemon and sugar like his daddy and ds1 loves syrup like mummy smile

comixminx Tue 12-Feb-13 09:28:55

Aphra's given up breast feeding too, with a bit of encouragement from me (sometimes when she's asked I've said "no, you're a big girl now, how about playing with the iPhone now" blush). Bruno's stopped feeding from me too so he's wholly on formula now - well, I say that, he's started nibbling on the odd bit of solid food too grin! It does feel a bit odd or sad but at the same time I had two and a quarter years of breastfeeding and that's enough for me I'd say.

Glad you had a good time in the UK, patito! I'm not giving anything up for Lent but I might well have pancakes tonight too - we had them a few weeks ago to use up the last of the brandy butter so we got some practice in. Aphra wasn't that bothered though which is a shame. Oh well.

I've done 43 months in total! Was sad with ds1 as he stopped but this time it was getting on my tits nerves a bit so not sad to stop really. Just wish I knew there was going to be another to feed sad

I enjoyed weaning ds1 comixminx but Luke wasn't so much fun, think life put a damper on it as well as him not being keen on a lot of food have fun with Bruno smile

patito Wed 13-Feb-13 11:39:05

Managed some pancakes, mmmmmmm! orange and sugar for me. We then had a toss the pancake competition with some play dough, Maia did a proper flip smile.

I've been Bf almost continuously for 54 months shock. I weaned DS 4 mths before Maia was born. Never counted it before, it seems like foreveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer.

I´m giving up chocolate and meat for lent. I think the chocolate part will be the hardest.

I never give up anything for lent, kind of seems a bit silly as I'm not religious at all. Although we do do pancakes so perhaps a bit hypocritical confused. Meat I could easily live without but not chocolate!! My brothers gf gave up crisps last year and it was really hard for her smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.