Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sept 2010 - Another 6 months past, it's going too fast!

(1000 Posts)
comixminx Wed 11-Apr-12 21:32:47

Our lovely new thread for the September 2010 babies. Dive in folks!

Beaditsback Thu 10-Jan-13 22:10:06

grin cinnamon that might actually be a welcomed thing here as getting J into a public loo at the mo is pretty impossible
Just read your FB post... So sorry James felt like that about his marked work sad definitely worth a chat with his teacher

Jealous Patito I get itchy feet every three or so years but have lived in this house for 6 I think..... Could be 7 hmm oh how I'd love a new place with a limitless furniture budget grin

Dixiebell Fri 11-Jan-13 02:39:00

beadit, much easier and quicker to whip down trousers and pants than change a nappy. Even when he had a few accidents it just needed a new set and chuck them in the wash, no probs. def do it before u get too big to dash to the loo holding a desperate toddler! Arlo looks v grown up sitting on the loo grin.

The power of fb beaditsback, I got called into classroom this morning!! She showed me display with green for growth, means they need to try a bit harder but she never tells them their writing is not good enough. She said he never says anything in class so she has no idea if he's upset or worried about anything. Wish I could keep him home and wrapped up safe sad, know I won't have this problem with Luke he will never let anyone do something to him he's not happy with!

Debs75 Fri 11-Jan-13 20:48:31

Looks like we are potty training.hmm Not sure if it will be successful but Lucy can't bear a wet nappy on her sore bum bum. No accidents today but she does insist on going upstairs to the toilet instead of the potty.

Don't think she has anymore spots and she is generally happy. She does have one on the edge of her tongue which she keeps catching on her teeth and a huge one on the top of her tongue which looks very uncimfortable. Need to get something better for the itching before she scratches all the scabs off

Try Poxclin Debs75, it's like a foam. Was £10 but one bottle lasted both of mine and some of my friends little girl when she caught it from ds1!

Debs75 Sun 13-Jan-13 15:05:36

Well I thought that potty training was going well, Lucy asking for the toilet and only 3 poo accidents(i on the floor, 1 on the sttee and 1 in the dogs be1, 1 in the potty. She has just done a sloppy poo in her shorts so DP has popped a nappy on her. Not sure if I agree as she was doing very well and actually asking to go not just waiting until I asked her. But she does do lots of poos in 1 day and they are generally quite sloppy so maybe it is better gor today.

FOund some chickenpox soothing gel in morrisons today reduced to 99p so am trying that, she has started itching them now.

Is her poo generally like that Debs75 or is it a symptom of the chicken pox? After having three dry days and nights Luke had two accidents yesterday, one on my lap!! My mum then helpfully chirped up, you should have put a pull up on him for today! I don't want to confuse him and I'm happy to take changes of clothes and have him learn from his accidents. Just what you need a boost in confidence when you're taking your toddler to the toilet with wet trousers with a restaurant full of people watching you sad

Debs75 Mon 14-Jan-13 21:04:14

Yes her poos are normally like that. I have only ever seen her strain on one occasion when she was really constipated and she needed suppositries. She also generally has a 'poo day' where she goes 3-4 times that day.
Today she did pretty well with 2 poos on the toilet/potty and only 1 accident where she struggled to get her pants down in time

comixminx Wed 16-Jan-13 09:31:38

Blimey, we're still not very near potty training, or so it seems. When Aphra sees other toddlers using a potty she has a brief fad for it but otherwise she doesn't really consistently seem very aware of when she's done a poo or a wee, or maybe she doesn't really care / has forgotten by the time we ask if she's got a poo in her nappy! She gets cross with us changing her nappy sometimes and then I take the opportunity to point out that when she can do her poos on the loo or potty, we won't need to do nappy changes.... But no luck as yet in trying to persuade her like that!

Congrats on the scan Beady!

sassy34264 Wed 16-Jan-13 11:24:04

comix We're no where near either. Although isobel will sit on and try really hard to do a poo- judging by the flatuence!!!! So she gets how to do a poo, but hasn't really made the connection of feeling like pooing and going iyswim. Jacob just does not like to sit on the potty and infact he goes out of view to do his poos.

False alarm on the pregnancy, think the nausea was just ill related. I am very relieved to be truthful. The feeling nausea gave me a feeling of absolute dread for another pregnancy. It's not the baby i can't handle the thought of, it's the pregnancy itself. i do not breeze through them..............

Congrats on the scan beadit I'm excited for you.

I think that's a good sign though sassy34264 both of mine went to hide to poo and it shows they know when they are going to do it and can get somewhere before they do. Glad pregnancy was false alarm! Dh said he would consider having another when Luke goes to school. That's the only way we could afford it as Luke going to school will free up one of my early years spaces but he's always said he'll be too old then as he'll be almost 50

All the children I've potty trained/helped potty train have had varying amounts of accidents but until you make them more aware of going to the toilet and take nappies off they were all happy to continue to have wet/dirty nappies. I had one girl who was 18 months when her mum insisted on starting and she had regular accidents until she was 3 and it was a nighmare, I think she just wasn't ready and by the time she was it had become so normal to wet herself she wasn't really bothered! I did have a three+ year old who was asking me to use the toilet when I took the other children and mum refused to potty train her so I guess she was clearly ready!

Luke is now telling me when he needs a wee and no accidents for four days, hurray!

Debs75 Fri 18-Jan-13 22:54:28

Lucy is still having accidents which isn't surprising. It is mainly poos she struggles with as she goes so often. She does try and hold it in and she can ask for a poo and hold on for two minutes whilst we get her upstairs or to a public toilet. May have to see the dr about the loose poos as this will hamper her potty training.

We have loads of snow here, which the kids love. We even had really strong thunder and lightning as well. Scared the dog, Lucy just said that Daddy was being noisy.

We have had disappointingly little snow! Had quite a bit Monday and dh took kids out after work in the dark which they loved. It was then -8 the next few days and we had less than a cm yesterday despite weather report saying 10-20cm! Very lightly snowed on me on my run this morning but is still very white here smile

Oh well, Luke has been dry every night for the last 2 weeks apart from one so he's gone to bed without a nappy. Have bought some sheets to protect the mattress and we've had a chat about him having to tell mummy at night now if he needs a wee so fingers crossed!

Debs75 Mon 21-Jan-13 19:59:35

Well done Luke. We are still having trouble with poos. She can wee on the potty or toilet no trouble and some of her poos are getting there. She is just so loose and apart from the time she got constipated I have never known her to strain. I think that just means she has to use so little pressure to poo she often does it without realising.

Cinnamon we have had loads of snow, the car has been blocked in twice. I am going to get a sledge for next years snow, school runs look so much more fum on a sledge.

sassy34264 Tue 22-Jan-13 13:23:08

potty training <sticks head deep in sand>

Anyone else not started yet?

I went on the multiples thread and looked at potty training twins, and the general consensus is- don't do them both at the same time and that there can be a year in difference between when ones' ready and the other confused

I think one poster put she potty trained one at 2.9 and one at 3.9. Seems a bit late to me?

It's been a long time since i did chloe. Any tips?

Beaditsback Tue 22-Jan-13 15:40:56

sassy we've not really started other than J having a few spells in his pants and sitting on a potty but fully clothed/nappied etc.
We were all set to do it once the pox cleared and he stopped scratching his lower back so badly (nappy helps cover that area) but decided that with all our snow it was just too much to be stuck inside for days. Will think a of good, quiet spell in the next few weeks and hopefully do it then. We get zero warning about poos though so think those could be messy.
Think that on the whole girls are quicker and don't wet the bed for as long as boys so maybe do I first?!
Can't wait to get out in the car tomorrow! Our roads have been chaos after 9" of the fluffy cool stuff.

lumpychristmaspud Tue 22-Jan-13 21:28:02

I have no intention of trying olly till Easter. he's slowly becoming more aware and will tell you if he's pooed but doesn't like the potty and thinks that wees should be done in the bath!!!!!

he's really poorly at the minute sad he's got tonsilitis and is really suffering. he cries everytime he swallows. the gp was horrible. she pretended she'd seen his tonsils and said they were fine. I don't usually play the nurse card but I am one and I know tonsilitis when I see it. she also said that he has antibiotics everytime he's seen. well, yes, that's true. he has. twice. the only 2 Times he's been before because I only ever take him when I know he needs something I can't give him. I'm more than happy for him to not have antibiotics, I don't like them and I do think they're over used. she called it a bit of a sore throat. I would like her to get a bit of a sore throat. she might be a bit more caring then!

Debs75 Tue 22-Jan-13 22:13:30

Poor Olly, it's not fair when they are really ill and the docs won't listen. Did she give him antib's in the end?

No accidents today and we even put in a short car ride after tea.

lumpychristmaspud Wed 23-Jan-13 10:45:11

no because its self limiting and they try not to give anything for it now. I found that out through Google! I'm perfectly happy with that and he does seem to be a bit better today, I can actually leave the room without him having a fit!! it was just her attitude, the fact that she hadn't actually seen his throat properly and her complete unsympathetic approach!!

anyhow, I'm quite enjoying my day off today. its nice to be able to just sit and slob!!

Thinking Luke might have tonsilitis too lumpychristmaspud, he's had a high temp since Friday and been really up and down. Got a snotty nose but no other coldy symptoms but his breath really smells! Today he hasn't moved off me and every time I got up to do something or answer the door to one of my parents he just tried to pull me back to the sofa. Going to take him to dr tomorrow if he's no better in the morning. Very proud of him that he's still using the toilet despite feeling so rubbish! Hope Olly is better soon, enjoy your down time smile

I have to say I'd probably try Isobel first sassy34264, they are all different but generally girls are younger and quicker. My tips would be wait until you know they can go a couple of hours between wees and show some awareness of when they're going. I started with ds1 and gave up after a few days as he was really upset at having accidents so you can go back to nappies if you need to. Don't envy you two and then not too long another one, you'll be a pro wink

lumpychristmaspud Thu 24-Jan-13 13:07:52

Sounds like it could be cinnamon. Ollys breath was foul!! He's gradually getting better, he's not poorly anymore but he's still in pain with it and they still look all red and sore. He was up on and off from 3.30 so we're both having a nap now!!

Just back from dr and no sign of any infection so just a cold looks like. He said he could have bad breath simply because he's not eating and drinking a lot and that he'd expect him to pick up over the next few days. Hope so as I'm tired, snappy mum at the moment sad

Debs75 Sat 26-Jan-13 22:36:40

So potty training is going good here. She is getting the hang of going on the potty when she wants although she does try for the toilet most times which means I have to run upstairs with her. Less poo accidents. She tends to do a wee then 2 mins later desperately need a poo so if she ollks a bit funny we plonk her on the potty. We even had a few dry nighttime nappies this week

This thread is not accepting new messages.