Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sept 2010 - Another 6 months past, it's going too fast!

(1000 Posts)
comixminx Wed 11-Apr-12 21:32:47

Our lovely new thread for the September 2010 babies. Dive in folks!

Beaditsback Mon 07-Jan-13 00:43:07

I think this thread is the infectious place grin
Jack has had his worst day so far but has barely seemed to suffer really. Hard to tell when he picked it up but I think it was from a friend he saw before Christmas and it took a good few days for spots to come out... I think it was Wednesday last week. He's smothered now.... In his mouth, all over his bits and heaps on his face sad
He's just woken so given him Calpol and Piriton. He is a crazily light sleeper at the best of times but this week is something else.

We said we'd try potty training after Christmas but this has held us back so will re think and choose another quiet period once he's better.

cinnamon I feel your pain. We want to move so much but have lost on this place so have to keep saving for a deposit. We always said we'd only mortgage to the point where one wage could cover it just in case... Hence the small house with unattached' tiny garden and extremely steep stairs.

We both work from home and share the loft space but that is soon to become our bedroom when we reorganise for dc2. Planning to convert the garage into an office so will loose all our storage space and have no space for anything inside sad I have no idea where anything will go once dc2 is here confused

I do feel lucky though that we own our house and that by staying here I can just about afford no to work.
Is a different career an option? Not too long til Luke starts pre school so would that make it more feasible maybe?

Dixiebell Mon 07-Jan-13 06:26:05

We are potty training Arlo, been a week now. He wees on the loo no probs, I prompt him at least once an hour! But pooing not so good, we've had a few accidents and he's quite resistant to doing it. Am on constant poo watch!

Lol at poo watch Dixiebell!!

If I stopped working we would get nothing from the government as dh earns too much Debs75. And I couldn't go back to work as Childcare would cripple us! When I had ds1 we did the vouchers scheme and even then we didn't really have enough money which added to our debt so with two it would be awful and Luke won't get free preschool until next jan which is only 15hrs a week term time and I used to have ds1 with his childminder for 47.5 hrs a week. There is very little work where we love hence being able to afford our house so we spend £500+ a month on fuel for dh to get to work and adding to that would be bad too! Our problem is too much debt, his ex wife spent a lot and he took half the debt and none of the equity so she could afford to stay in her house for dss when he left. Add to that more when I had ds1, a huge mortgage, paying for dss, fuel prices, bills and food leads to £3000 going out the door before we do anything. I have suggested to dh going bankrupt and starting again but he won't even consider it. I love our home but if we lost it and had to start again we'd all be together and that's the most important thing.

Can yours not share for a while beaditsback?

Beaditsback Mon 07-Jan-13 07:22:24

I've thought about it cinnamon but Jack is the lightest sleeper in the world.... Universe even. I just know how unsettled he'd be. Plus it worked so well getting J in his own room fairly early instead of in with us so dc2 (I keep writing ds2!) would be very young to share with and disturb a nearly three year old.

Your house and area sounds lovely. Doubt I'd want to leave somewhere rural either. Wow! £500 shock

My brother has spent a long time at university (now a professor at Imperial College London so was worth the wait) and lots of his fellow academics declared themselves bankrupt after so much student debt.... Med students particularly.

I was the same, didn't want ds1 sharing with a crying baby and didn't want Luke in our room so ds1 shares with dss which took a lot of work for me to persuade dh to do! Dss is now asking for his room back but Luke still naps so ds1 would be able to go in his room in the afternoon and evil step mum that I am I don't see why my two should share and have a room totally empty for 10 nights out of 14 when he hardly ever spends time in his room at the moment. Just because he's the oldest doesn't mean it's most practical for him to have his own room and to be honest they all play together anyway and mostly downstairs so me reason.ayne later.

Sharing and having noises going on more consistently may help Jack be a better sleeper though, when your dC2 is a bit bigger and not a crying baby smile

Beaditsback Mon 07-Jan-13 13:38:27

Just back from scan.... A healthy singleton! Yay grin
Due date has been brought forward a week to 14th July.

To be honest we'd rather spend on converting the garage which will no doubt add value too. We live on top of each other as it is and every single time we go to the loo there's a tiny voice coming from a dark room saying "turn the light off Mummy/Daddy, it's night time" no such thing as a deep sleep here. Noise always disturbs him and always has. The nurses at hospital were flabbergasted when he was in for a few nights at what a light sleeper he was.
Doesn't stop him sleeping well as such... He naps well and does 13hours at night but is disturbed by everything. Soon back to sleep though grin
I think sharing would be nice but when dc2 is settled into a good sleep pattern, by which time we'll have needed an office for months.

Question: how many packets of mini eggs is too many in one day? For me not J! smile

Dixiebell Mon 07-Jan-13 15:11:05

Beadit, congrats on the healthy scan! I was thinking about you this morning. So exciting. Will you find out the gender do you think? I was really worried about Arlo's sleep being disturbed by a crying baby, but he's been fine and actually sleeping better/longer since Teddy arrived. But he's always been a good sleeper. On potty training news: still no poo, I just know it's going to end up on the floor..!

Dixiebell Mon 07-Jan-13 15:11:48

Oh and as you're pg, beadit, anything goes...eat as many mini eggs as you like!

Great news beaditsback!! July seems ages away but guess it'll be here in the blink of an eye smile

Luke wee'd while we were at the park but didn't seem to bother him, we're just about to leave so didn't bother changing him as its not far. Had a wee before nap and I'm just going to wake him now. Good luck with the poo dixiebell. I keep Luke in pants so he can feel if he wees and that's stops poos on the carpet.

Dixiebell Mon 07-Jan-13 18:08:13

Arlo in pants too cinnamon, but we've had poo on the floor when taking off his trousers to go, and dropping out the side of pants, and in DH's hand hmm when he didn't have pants on yet in the morning. Today I have sat in toilet breastfeeding one while holding the other's hands while he sits on the loo, as he wanted to squeeze my hand!

Dixiebell Mon 07-Jan-13 19:15:45

Poo success! Took until he was actually in the bath, and suddenly he got a stricken look on his face, poo coming mummy, so whipped him out and he did it in potty. All with Teddy providing the not very relaxing ambience of screaming baby. Phew. Well done Arlo!

lumpychristmaspud Mon 07-Jan-13 19:30:46

just catching up on diy sos from last week did anyone see it?? I knew the family before they moved. such a sad story but so nice to see that the children are settled and being cared for!!

I'm not planning on potty training till Easter. I know all children are different but thats the age Toby was and he was dry in the day in 2 days and at night in 2weeks!

yay for the scan beady. perhaps the mini egg question may explain the already expanding waistline!!!

Beaditsback Mon 07-Jan-13 21:01:08

lumps it'll send you a pic in a minute of bump at 11 weeks...... Before ANY mini eggs!! Be ready grin

It's stories like that that make me glad I had a bigger age gap Dixiebell!!

I saw DIY SOS, was so sad but so lovely too and what a fab house they ended up with smile

newmum001 Wed 09-Jan-13 19:46:52

Marking be back shortly

2 1/2 wees not in the toilet and 3 1/2 and a poo in the toilet so not a bad day I guess. Yesterday all wees in toilet but one poo not and I had to wash him in the sink at toddlers sad

newmum001 Wed 09-Jan-13 20:44:48

Hi all sooooo much to catch up on!

Had a lovely Christmas and new year, hope everyone else did too!

Putting grace in nursery 2mornings a week from next week hopefully.

She's being a nightmare a bedtime but you've probably all seen it on fb so won't bore you again, tonight was back to normal though so fingers crossed.

Fully potty trained day and night. Took 2 weeks in total but she had the hang if it after 2days in the house. Kept her in a pull-up when we went out cause I couldn't be arsed with accidents but cause she was seeing and pooing on the toilet at home she was completely aware when she needed a wee/poo when we were out and she's now in knickers all the time. Her bum looks so skinny.

Sorry I know it's brief and a bit me me me but there was so much to catch up on I had to skim read!

newmum001 Wed 09-Jan-13 21:07:00

Sassy do a test!!!!!

Debs75 Thu 10-Jan-13 08:44:21

Cinnamon you were rightsad Lucy has the pox. She started on Tuesday night, completely covered by Weds night, and sick with it by early hours this morning, all over me i might add. She is currently sat next to me trying desperately not to go to sleep.

patito Thu 10-Jan-13 15:23:28

Debs sad poor Lucy, and you! Hope you get over the bug soon. x

Congrats beadit on healthy scan.

Id suggested to DP we might go for No: 3 this year. He said NO! Im quite glad as I keep swinging between yes and no for the 3rd, so takes the decision for me.

Anyway I have a project for 2013 - we finally bought a house!! Im so excited, Ive never had my own house, or furniture even! Ive been dreaming about doing my house out for years. Went for a wine and dine dinner with DS to celebrate, no kids involved. (In laws baby sat). The house is a new build but has no kitchen/bathrooms so have to go shopping grin.

Dixiebell Thu 10-Jan-13 17:39:22

Exciting house news patito, congrats!

Arlo been completely dry for a week now and poos on the potty 4 days running. He's still wearing nappies for naps and bedtime but I think he's been dry actually so might try dropping them now.

Beaditsback Thu 10-Jan-13 18:18:50

All this no nappy talk is inspiring. We said after Christmas once things stopped being so crazy but then the pox came to visit and he has a referral to Opthalmology for a possible secondary eye infection. Will wait until he's 100% and try ASAP.......can't wait. Is it easier or harder than nappies once they're fully trained??

Oh no poor Lucy sad hope she's better soon!

Congrats on the house patito and glad dh has decided for you about dc3, I'm still hoping something will change.

Yay for Arlo smile Luke won't have pull ups for naps and has been dry every day at nap time, he has them at night but often dry or what looks like one wee and then I think it's his first morning one. Get some sheets in case, I used them for ds1 and they saved the mattress as he was often to lazy to get out of bed first thing grrrrr!

It is easier beaditsback but then I don't like changing nappies!! Do at least 6 a day 5 days a week so cutting them down is great. Bum wiping is much better than changing a pooy nappy and as long as you remember to make them go before you go anywhere for whole your fine. Just don't believe I don't need to go because 5 mins down the road he will!!

This thread is not accepting new messages.