Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Sept 2010 - Another 6 months past, it's going too fast!

(1000 Posts)
comixminx Wed 11-Apr-12 21:32:47

Our lovely new thread for the September 2010 babies. Dive in folks!

Oh no! So sorry to hear that newmum001, I hope that you both come to the same decision about what's best for you. I've seen your kitten pictures, Grace is so cute with him!!

lumpypumpkinpie Tue 20-Nov-12 20:33:50

eeeek! beady!!!!!!!

newmum, bless you, sounds crap. i hope you sort things out.

beady, i don't bother with snow suits!! i'm a bad mummy.

dh took the car to work today with the buggy in the boot. i dug out my old sling for the school run. it was lovely to use it again and olly wasn't bothered. it did make me pleased he's only small tho, i couldn't have carried him too far!

things have quietened down a lot here now my shows over. i have managed to get olly into a bad habit tho. he wakes for milk any time from 1am to 6am! he'll wake up and cry and thats the only way he'll settle. we've done it cos its easier than fighting with him but now we've got to stop it. i'm dreading it. we just have to face that we're going to have a week of bad nights!!

newmum001 Tue 20-Nov-12 21:38:38

Aww thanks girls. It wasn't too bad actually. Well not from my end anyway. Dp was so shocked but i think he'd have been happy to plod on being miserable and i just couldn't do it anymore. It seemed like constant arguments and i just realised that the older grace got the more she'd pick up on it and that thought literally devastated me. We'll see what happens but i just know that things have got to change in a big way.

Everyone that asked about my job, its going really well. I love it, been told that theres no permanent jobs after xmas but ts experience, it fills a gap on my cv and its money for xmas which is all.im bothered about.

Sassy how much do you pay for the twins nursery? And is it a private nursery? I think grace needs to do a couple of mornings a week.

sassy34264 Wed 21-Nov-12 13:52:11

newmum sorry to hear about your temporary split. Hope it improves for you.

The nursery is at the community centre where i live. It is £10 a session (3 hours) you can go in the morning 9-12 or the afternoon 12-3. 0r the fulll day for £20

It's not a private nursery that is for working mums. You can't drop them off earlier than 9 or leave them past 3pm iyswim?

I go to the playgroup (mums and toddlers) on a monday morning and it is attached to that. They love it. Jacob was aphrenshive at first, but i say goodbye and he gives me a kiss now and wonders off.

sassy34264 Wed 21-Nov-12 13:53:11

Brill news beaditali !!!!!!!!

So happy for you. x

Debs75 Wed 21-Nov-12 14:44:37

Brilliant news beadit

Sassy that is cheap for nursery. Robyns charge 20 per session bur you do get 5 hours. They only do full sessions though so if you only wanted 9-12 you would still pay for 2 hours you didn't need. Thats why we havent sent Lucy yet 20 is a lot to pay and I know once she gos she will want more thatn 1 session per week, especially as Robyn has 3.

The preschool I'm on the committee of charges £7.50 for a 3hr session, 8.30-11.30 or 12.30-3.30 but you can do both and pay for lunch club £3 so that's only £18 for 7 hours. Luke will hopefully not go until he's getting free sessions so after Christmas next year.

lumpypumpkinpie Wed 21-Nov-12 18:57:38

newmum, you watch hollyoaks don't you? can i have a run down of whats been happening? i haven't really watched it since the whole mercedes/mitzee thing!!!
ollys nursery is around £4 an hour. hourly rate up to 5 hours. any longer you pay the daily rate of around £37. that includes meals.

so olly was up from 1216 till 0242 because i wouldn't give in and give him milk!! he's currently upstairs crying because i've stopped the bedtime bottle too! its really hard, i feel like we're back to the new baby stage!!

sassy34264 Thu 22-Nov-12 13:50:09

lumpy i think yours is a private nursery for working parents by the sound of it. How many hours in the daily rate of £37? I bet its not that different hourly.

I stopped giving j and i milk in the mornings for 4 weeks while we were in italy. They excepted it really easy, and then when we returned they cried and cried for it. (because they see eva having it) So, now not only are they having their morning milk, i have given in- after stopping bloody ages ago- and they have night time milk too.......

Sod it. It's not like it's chocolate cake or full of sugar etc.

<hangs up tough love jacket> blush grin

sassy34264 Thu 22-Nov-12 13:50:57

*accepted

grr

lumpypumpkinpie Thu 22-Nov-12 14:31:47

its a day nursery/pre school. it opens at 7.45 and shuts at 6. the daily rate is for anywhere from 5-10 hours.

i haven't stopped his milk altogether, just stopped him having it in a bottle. that was what the comfort aspect was, the bottle!! he settled pretty well last night and didn't wake until 6.15 so did very well. on the down side, toby was up at 2 pretty out of it with a temp of 39!!!!! if its not one, its the other!!

sassy34264 Thu 22-Nov-12 16:05:36

God, do i know that feeling! grin

sassy34264 Thu 22-Nov-12 16:11:05

Hope T is better soon.

My friend who has 5 kids included twins, has just had all 7 of them with the 24hr vomiting bug. God love her. She said there weren't enough sick bowls to go around, it was that bad. the twin girls both go j and i's nursery, so i'm praying very hard!!!!

My brother had it yesterday too. Told my mum to keep away, as she had to pick him up early from work.

The last time the twins were ill, was when i posted that pic on fb of them lying in bed next to me and i had a massive bump (eva) so i'm doing well really. Which prob means i'm about due some sick time. fx that it bypasses us.

sassy34264 Thu 22-Nov-12 16:12:54

and yes, they have their milk in the bottles......... <bad mummy>

lumpypumpkinpie Thu 22-Nov-12 20:16:33

i've only stopped the bottle completely because i thought it'd confuse him more if he had it at bedtime but wasn't allowed it any other time. he went to bed ok tonight. cried for a bit, i went back in, he asked for his milky, i told him he'd already had it, he snuggled down and i've not heard anything since!!!

i feel sick at the thought of tummy bugs!!!!!

Luke is still bfing at bedtime which is the same as still having a bottle I guess. He rarely asks for it at other times and I always say no if he does but it's our little bit if time together to wind down and it's not doing him any harm. Dh has made quite a few comments so will have to stop soon I think. He doesn't have an alternative if I'm not home.

Beaditsback Thu 22-Nov-12 22:28:35

sassy J had the sick bug last Thursday. Thankfully all over my parents' carpet, not mine grin he was quite weary for about four days afterward but the actual grossness was only momentary. Vile all the same.

Fingers crossed for the twins.
I cannot wait for a scan but know its super early. I just can't believe how bloated my tummy is. I honestly look about 5 months pregnant. Not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Talk about bad Mummy..... It's gotta be me cos J hasn't drunk a cup/bottle of milk for months and months.... Actually about a year. He has lots in porridge, loads of yoghurt and cheese and green veg etc so sure he's ok for calcium. Recently though its like something's missing after bath time so we tried it and he kept turning it away so we put a drop of syrup in it and he downs it.
Slightly worried about him liking it cos its slightly sweeter but he seems to really love it and I love that he drinks it.

So sorry newmum felt bad for you reading your last post but pleased he's back and hopefully it's the wake up call he needed brew x

Anyone else still using cot bars?.

Beaditsback Fri 23-Nov-12 12:43:48

cinnamon is your Mum called Margaret? Without giving anything away could you ask her to check her emails please?? Need a reply about something.......... Ta x

I've replied to your fb msg smile

lumpypumpkinpie Fri 23-Nov-12 20:00:30

toby has honey in his milk beady!!!

little warning to anyone buying anything from our lovely beady, she will post it to your mn nickname, causing great hilarity at the post office when you have to go and collect it and try to explain that you don't have ID for lucy lumps because she's doesn't exist!!!!! grin

Beaditsback Fri 23-Nov-12 20:19:08

Naaaaa.... Nicknames may always be preference when i put pen to paper so just take proof of christian name and address. Should be fine. wink

lumpypumpkinpie Fri 23-Nov-12 20:22:34

Ha ha! i keep meaning to ask how js head is now??

Beaditsback Fri 23-Nov-12 20:34:58

I'd say its about 95% normal. Anybody else would never tell even with wet hair but I do, only slightly. So thrilled we went ahead as I'm certain it would have continued getting worse before it got better.
Some people say we shouldn't let him see the pictures of him in his helmet but I'm not sure about that!

lumpypumpkinpie Sat 24-Nov-12 08:26:43

of course you should. why wouldn't you!? its only a helmet!!! why do they think you shouldn't??

sassy34264 Sat 24-Nov-12 09:17:00

Oh god. Some people have some dumb ideas. Lady on my eva thread got her husband to paint a red stripe down their sons helmet and we were all dead jealous and wanted one for our kids. He looked like a super cool stuntman. grin

Eva has just projectile vomited almost a full bottle of milk. noooooooooo.

This thread is not accepting new messages.