Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

'October 2009-chattering and on the run, our toddlers are such fun'

(772 Posts)

Right ladies, off we trot into the next stage of our gorgeous toddlers lives. smile

HC
x

fidelma Sun 25-Nov-12 22:14:06

See I will of killed the thread again!

Scout19075 Mon 26-Nov-12 19:28:58

Leaving the US in a couple of hours. Will update/say hello properly when back in the UK.

AnastasiaGrey Tue 27-Nov-12 22:38:01

fidelma, you are one busy gal! Don't know how you continue to function. I love doing jigsaws with Sophie as she does the 1000 piece ones despite being 6 years old. Don't be a stranger. smile

Scout, hope you had a fab thanksgiving. Safe journey and looking forward to catching up with your news.

Lounge all decorated and the carpet is coming on Friday-hurrah!

Big wave!

AG
X

littlepea72 Wed 28-Nov-12 22:51:22

Hello lovely ladies!!!

Girl are you going to try for no. 2???? Exciting lol...
Faith isnt doing anything with the potty training! Its driving me up the walls! I think its one of those things you have to wait for, but ive waited long enough lol....
No climb. Have put it back for a while, to much going on right now.
How is the job???

AG Hooray for your dad!!!! Bet you dont know yourself with it all done lol x

Fidelma oh god you made me laugh so much! But how the hell can you fit anything else in???????

Scout hope you had a great trip!!

Still here in England. Dont want to move just yet. So much happening with Gabe at the minute. He is taking steps which is great, and coming on so well, but i know that there is more than the gobal development delay, I think we are looking at something big. His speech isnt happening, not even babbling, its just noise and strange noise too. He bangs his head of walls, wave his arms, shakes his head alot, and now spins alot in circules. Still waiting for all the blood tests to come back too.
Ethan has been excluded again from school. He really shouldnt be in mainstream, and hope to get that sorted soon.
Faith is mad as ever!!! The girl is nuts i tell ya lol.
The in-laws are arriving tomorrow for 3 days, we have our Christmas Ball on Saturday night, so they are looking after the 3 amigos.....I only drink once a year and it time!!! LOL....

fidelma Wed 05-Dec-12 22:45:54

Taught pilates,having got everyone out to school,fed the hens broken the ice in their water bowl,dog a scamper around,taught a nativity dance/play to playgroup,went out for lunch and got Christmas tree from friends Christmas tree farm,dropped off tree and Connor,picked up 2 dc,picked up 5 more,had a party in the house for dd2 (because I felt she needed some TLC,with 8 of her friends)fed them all,saw ds1 off to Gymnastics,dd1 drumming,parents arrive,dd1 comes home,ds1 comes home,help with a 600 word essay on Middsummers Night Dream,book review for ds1,English and make some kind of helmet for dd2,boys to bed about to go upstairs when I spill 2 very red candles ALL over the kitchen!!!!!!! Looked like a masacre!
Just Normal........
In 16 years time, I am going to be sitting by the fire drinking sherry.

Ps left a pizza in the Aga (you can't smell it until you go outside)
Took dog out locked hens in.

And to all a goood night.

Scout19075 Thu 06-Dec-12 00:25:55

MrScout is in the US again, for the third time in a month, the second time in a month for work. I am envy.

fidelma Sun 09-Dec-12 22:34:44

Crawling to bed..........

littlepea72 Tue 11-Dec-12 21:52:07

2 weeks till Xmas!!! grin

Scout19075 Tue 11-Dec-12 23:14:46

WAHOO!!!! I LOVE CHRISTMAS!

Scout19075 Thu 13-Dec-12 13:55:12

So.... what are the DC getting for Christmas this year?

AnastasiaGrey Thu 13-Dec-12 20:46:23

Hi all

Still here, still poorly. sad Stoopid MN phone app keeps crashing and won't let me post.

Nearly Christmas. grin

Big wave!

AG
x

GirlOnTheBridge Fri 14-Dec-12 21:31:40

Hiya-see fidelma, you didn't kill the thread! Christmas seems to have crept up on us a bit so I'm doing most of my shopping in next few days. Home to Wales next weekend grin. My mum had a car accident last night, skidded on black ice into railings. Very shaken up but otherwise ok. This weather is nuts, so cold!

Joe is still refusing to sit on the potty but he will wee on the big toilet...only if he's reading a newspaper though hmm. How I'm supposed to explain that to the nursery teachers on their home visit is anyone's guess! Speech coming on good but brings it own perils - at bus stop the other day "mammy, lady there big boobies like mammy's milky ones!" Cue dirty look from poor woman standing next to me, embarrassed laugh from me and loud exclamation of "no darling you're a big boy now, you drink milk from a cup.."

fidelma- you are so busy! But your home sounds lovely and warm and bustling. I still think you should write, at the very least blog about family life, dancing etc.

AG Oh no, you are poorly whats up? Hope you feel better soon. Did you ever get to the bottom of that weird note?

littlepea I saw a pic in the paper the other day of 4 women in Hampshire training for Kili during this cold snap - I was looking for you! wink Am not sure about No2. J is such a handful and I feel old! Hope Ethan finds a decent school soon. What news on Gabe, it sounds like you are dealing with an awful lot at the moment.

Scout Sorry to hear Mr Scout is away, hope you had a fab trip.

CALYPSO Yoo hoo, are you still with us? grin

fidelma Sat 15-Dec-12 21:39:33

At 4am I left DH clearing up the latest vomit!
He heard me mumble as I crawled back into our bed with some dc
"WE are in for it now"

Girl you sound good. I hope your mum is OK? Loving J speach at the bus stop.

Littlepea what is your news are you heading back to Ireland?

Scout Loving your fb Christmas posts.

My nativity plays.
The (naughty) Angel who was not the main Angel decided to run on and ruin her part by running around the stage shouting "Look at me, look at me!" and "I am NOT FINNISHED YET!" Priceless.

Also my Bethlehem backdrop had been given to the hospital so we had The Nutcracker backdrop confused funny when Joseph knocked on the rather grand house door! All in the spirit. (But I am not doing it again)

We were ment to be at a Christmas party tonight but Hey Ho MN for me.

2 of my dc performed at the Usherhall in Edinburgh this week for their school concert.Slightly grander than the wrong backdrop nativity!
The concert was made with the nurse removing children as they vomited.Nice one NOT.

Scout19075 Tue 18-Dec-12 12:31:50

Friday's tragedy in Connecticut just makes me sick every time I think about it. Our neighboring high school was on lock-down yesterday after suspicious movement/actions were seen on their CCTV in the halls -- turns out it was a couple of kids playing around with an umbrella and working on a science project. Still, scary stuff. Not long after I moved here a boy in our local high school took a gun to school -- not with the intent of having a rampage but for committing suicide which he sadly succeeded in doing, in front of friends, other students and a teacher who couldn't get to him quickly enough to stop him. My brother & sister weren't long graduated from the school when it happened.

Over Thanksgiving I was thinking about the rampage that happened in Lancaster (Pennsylvania, not the UK) when the man went into an Amish school, locked the door and just slaughtered them. Now this.

I am having serious trouble trying to process this one.

GirlOnTheBridge Tue 18-Dec-12 21:59:12

Scout I spent much of Friday in tears, thinking about those poor children. For many of us, it brought back memories of a similar tragedy in Dunblane in 1996, where a gunman killed 16 children and teacher in a primary school in Scotland. Such a senseless waste of life. I think Obama will finally get some backing for change to the gun laws now, I found his address very moving.

Fidelma How are you all bearing up with the dreaded norovirus? I got it in early October - was at work when several service users became ill that morning. It was awful- I spent two days sleeping on the bathroom floor because it was relentless. Dh did not get it, Joe was sick once and that was it. Of my colleagues - 12 out of 15 members of staff and 15 out of 16 residents got it - they then went off to their usual mencap groups and before you knew it, half the town went down with it. As a virus it's extraordinarily effective, I have a kind of (geeky) grudging admiration for it.

I had to clear up after someone who was suddenly and violently ill this morning and feel quite ropey tonight(so does my colleague who was working with me). Please don't let us get this now-I'm going home on the weekend, my mum is doing a big Christmas dinner for us-I've not seen her for 6 months!

AnastasiaGrey Mon 24-Dec-12 21:42:17

Merry Christmas to you all! smile wine

AG
x

fidelma Wed 02-Jan-13 13:56:04

Happy New Year x

Scout19075 Wed 09-Jan-13 20:57:31

Merry Christmas!

Happy New Year!

Finally home (on Monday) and getting back into routine. It's been a busy week. Tomorrow is S's first "big boy swimming" class -- I think it's actually called Preschool Swimming or something. It's for 3 1/2 - 5 year olds but if the kids have gone through Baby Swimming and Young Toddlers Swimming with them they'll invite them to join the class the term after their third birthday. S and three (girl)friends are moving up and will all be together/make up the class tomorrow. I'm nervous and excited for him and am trying to hold in/hide my nerves and make it really exciting and a good thing for him.

We're also taking part in a preschool aged Forest School through our Children's Center this term. That's on top of our little Forest School that I participate in with our HE friends (one of my friends is a qualified F.S. instructor and another friend has acres of land she has opened up to us so we all benefit). So we have two Forest Schools, swimming, (roller) skating and Toddler Walking Group. When we can we go to gymnastics (it's a parent/toddler hour to run around on the gymnastics equipment and play as well as do stretching, etc.) and more traditional Toddler groups in village halls/church halls. Some days we just stay home and play in our PJs all day.

Life is hard but it's good and I wouldn't trade it.

littlepea72 Thu 10-Jan-13 14:12:31

Hey everyone, hope you are all ok??? xxx

Scout19075 Thu 10-Jan-13 17:09:44

I got teary watching S in his big boy swimming class today. <<Sniff>> blush The group of them that moved up together are so little but they looked so grown up in their swim caps, going off in a line following their teacher. S loved it, though, and is looking forward to next week.

Scout19075 Wed 23-Jan-13 16:07:07

Anyone else have a toddler who hates the snow?

Scout19075 Mon 28-Jan-13 09:05:55

I've killed it..... sad

GirlOnTheBridge Mon 28-Jan-13 12:39:21

No you haven't Scout. I still check back but am going through hell at the moment and have nothing positive to report. Hope you are all well x

Scout19075 Mon 28-Jan-13 23:56:20

Everything alright, Girl? Updates don't always need to be positive. Mine usually aren't.

littlepea72 Sun 03-Feb-13 20:57:18

Hey Scout!!!

Sorry I havent been on, can only get on with main computer and its not been working....Im back!!!

Girl whats happened? Im worried now, are you ok????

Hi everyone else!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now