Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

'October 2009-chattering and on the run, our toddlers are such fun'

(772 Posts)

Right ladies, off we trot into the next stage of our gorgeous toddlers lives. smile

HC
x

fidelma Sat 29-Sep-12 21:52:58

Had just arrived at the hospital 3 years ago tonight.I think Connor was born at 6am (ish) party tomorrow with toooo many good friends and lots of their children (30 altogether)!!!!!!!

AnastasiaGrey Sun 30-Sep-12 06:48:38

Happy Birthday Connor! smile Can't believe they are all going to be 3.

Matthew is 3 on the 1st October so mum is doing a little tea for us.

Calypso-lovely to hear from you. smile

AG
X

GirlOnTheBridge Sun 30-Sep-12 19:54:22

Happyt here, I've name changed due to fb mess with private messages/chats showing on timeline for all to see. (there was a thread in chat last week that tipped me off and what do you know, some of mine were there) One had my Mnet username on, so I have name changed pronto and deleted account. I'll either reactivate at some point to find you or then friend request you from a new account(if that makes sense). New name is my fave film smile

Sooo grin Happy Birthday Connor and a belated Happy Birthday Annalise! Big Happy Birthday also to Matthew for tomorrow. J is 3 on Friday. Where have the 3 years gone eh?! I am broody and want another. What pressies have you all got for the threenies? J has gone Peppa pig mad so he's getting Peppa stuff. I've also started Christmas shopping-have to be super-organized this year as I'm working 8pm-8am Christmas Eve to Christmas morning.

fidelma and AG So glad all is well with Connor and Sophie after recent accidents. There must be something in the air, J slipped in the bath a few weeks ago and cracked his head. Awful to hear them so upset but luckily all ok. I am amazed at the resilience of children. My cousin's 5 year old has just had an awful accident at preschool, is now out of surgery and home but may need further ops.

littlepea J is ignoring the potty too for the most part. Am getting stressed as "barring special needs, the school expects all children to be potty trained by the time they attend nursery." J has his place confirmed, the nursery do home visits for all new starters shortly before it starts so that might be a nice way for J to get to know the teachers (and me to be all pfb with questions!) I still haven't said yes yet, am so torn. How is Faith getting on at preschool?

Calypso- Glad to hear your mum is doing ok with treatment but so sorry she is down. I think you are doing amazing with having Annalise, Lyra, sleep deprivation and now your mum's illness to deal with. I hope you have people YOU can lean on ((hug)).

I am off to swoon over Mr Barlow (Gary, not Ken grin). Big kiss to all

Scout19075 Mon 01-Oct-12 11:13:47

Happy Birthday to all of the Toddlers!

fidelma Mon 01-Oct-12 16:32:55

Happy Birthday Mathew XXXXXX

fidelma Mon 01-Oct-12 16:36:47

Happy Birthday William XXXXXX

AnastasiaGrey Tue 02-Oct-12 17:43:27

Hi all

Girl, am angry on your behalf. So hope I am never outed as I discuss far too much on here. blush

Matthew has had his 3rd trip to preschool but doesn't want to go at all now so have to dump and run. He only cries a short time then enjoys himself ( I hope). Potty training is now more hit than miss so am very pleased. Can't believe a preschool want potty trained children only, some reception children still wear nappies!

Bought Matthew a Playmobil motorbike for his birthday as it is like dada's nmm. Have seen a Playmobil aeroplane that I think Santa will bring. smile

Going to Cadbury World at the weekend, can't wait. Has anyone been?

Keep buying Christmas pressies online when I think of something. Last night I bought a Cars hot water bottle and cover for Matthew. The girls love their bottles.

Girl, will Santa manage to visit ok while you are at work on Christmas Eve?

Think that's all apart from Happy 3rd Birthday to all of your gorgeous toddlers. smile

AG
X

Hello very quickly to all to say YAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY (upcoming and belated) to our lovely little crowd biscuit grin

And there certaintly IS something in the air regarding bumped heads; towards the end of her birthday party (held in the park last Saturday) Annalise was pushed off a climbing frame and smacked her head on a metal platform, ended up with fractured skull and concussion and 4 days in hospital! I hope I never end another birthday party with my child vomiting and having to be carried to A&E shock even when they're 18 wink.
And we bought A a Super Marble Run - DH and I have had probably more fun with it than she has grin.

Hope all doing well xoxox

fidelma Fri 05-Oct-12 15:19:12

Happy Birthday Nathaniel and Annalise.

how can our little ones almost all bumped their heads in the last month?! (makes me feel a little better!)
Annalise's bump sounds nasty! I am glad she is ok.

of with dd2 to see the sound of Music (she needs some special time) DH and I also need some special time!

GirlOnTheBridge Fri 05-Oct-12 21:04:21

Oh Calypso Poor Annalise, what a nasty bump! Glad she is on the mend.

J is in bed fast asleep, I think the birthday boy was worn out by the excitement of the day-he was up at 6am, bounding down the stairs to seek out his presents! smile I can't believe he is 3, or that this time 3 years ago I was gazing at him fast asleep in a little crib (come to think of it, that was probably the last time he slept happily in a little crib, after that he wanted to be glued to me!) We had a little birthday tea with my mum in law and J's cousins this afternoon. Tomorrow we're off on a day out with Thomas the Tank-meeting the fat controller, riding on Thomas and various activities. Should be fun!

AG We are having some potty training success at last! Re Christmas and me working- Santa is going to visit on Christmas Eve as he makes exceptions for people whose mummy's or daddy's have to look after other people. When he visits, he's also going to hide some presents that J will have to find and open on Christmas day. I know what you mean about seeing and buying stuff online- I've bought the Playmobil swimming pool, a JCB crane and some other bits and bobs. Not quite sure how I'll stay awake Christmas day and make dinner after a 12 hour shift-any tips!?

Happy Birthday to anyone I've missed! xxxx

littlepea72 Thu 11-Oct-12 22:17:16

At last!! I havent been able to log on, had to contact MN about it. Did anyone else have a problem?

Happy birthday to all i missed! 3 years has went by very quickly. Faith is still running arround saying....best party ever! lol

No luck on the potty training here. She is so scared of the nappy being off, she stands and screams.

Girl.....if i were you, id book a meal in a hotel, no way should you have to cook a meal, you will be knackered!

have to run again....Faith has started being sick tonight, can hear her moaning again, poor wee thing.....xxx

AnastasiaGrey Wed 17-Oct-12 22:52:44

Am so poor at keeping up. Matthew is waking up screaming for me every night <yawn> One night he decided he wanted a wee. <bless>

Big wave to all. Christmas shopping going well so far.

AG
X

fidelma Fri 19-Oct-12 20:48:33

Half term for us.
It is hard to have a day where the needs of everyone are met.sad
I realise I love the space school and playgroup give me.
4 more days till school returns smile

Scout19075 Sat 27-Oct-12 22:01:44

My Baby turns three tomorrow! shock How did that happen?!?!

fidelma Sat 27-Oct-12 22:25:27

Happy Birthday Seb smile Choo Choo x

littlepea72 Thu 08-Nov-12 21:20:17

Hello?????

Hope everyone is well, its all very quiet on here xx

Scout19075 Sat 10-Nov-12 12:49:24

We leave for Heathrow in about an hour for our flight home. WAHOO!!!!

Scout19075 Mon 12-Nov-12 11:46:09

I miss home. It's so good to be here!

littlepea72 Tue 13-Nov-12 08:33:14

Have a great time Scout!!!

AnastasiaGrey Tue 13-Nov-12 11:29:22

Hi all <waves>

Aw Scout-you've gone home, how lovely. Hope you have a wonderful time and you and Seb are thoroughly spoilt. smile

Hi fidelma and littlepea.

How is everyone? Matthew is fully potty trained and has no accidents during the day. Also, he very rarely wees in his pull up at night. He is however a total nightmare in the night. Now he is in his cotbed he can get up and scream at the door for me at least 5 times a night. If I ignore him he screams louder and wakes Emma so I have to get up and put him back on his bed and pull the covers over him. We have a stairgate on his door otherwise he runs into Emma's room and shouts Memma while prodding her. <yawn>

Christmas shopping and wrapping is going well but I don't know what to buy my mum or FIL-any ideas?

After my meltdown DH finally agreed we could decorate the lounge. So no more horrid bugundy stripes and borders hanging off the wall. Was embarrassed to have anyone round. Although DH doesn't like DIY so things are progressing a little too slowly, the carpet is coming on the 30th so now getting anxious about it all. My dad offered to wallpaper but DH won't let anyone else do it but doesn't like doing it himself. hmm

Matthew is still liking nursery and is staying for lunch today so picking him up at 1pm.

Think that's all for now.

AG
x

littlepea72 Tue 20-Nov-12 20:53:29

AG any more news on someone about Matthews speech?

Where is everyone else??? xx

AnastasiaGrey Wed 21-Nov-12 22:26:38

Hi littlepea-when I collected Matthew from nursery yesterday his key worker asked if they could bring the speech therapist in to assess him there. I have agreed as he is still babbling total nonsense.

Tonight I went to parents evening to find that Emma is being put on the special needs register as her spelling is so bad at 9 years old and Sophie is having after school maths tuition. Also, in Sophie's tray at school this morning a child had coloured in a picture of a christmas tree, stuck it on the front of A4 paper then written the most bizarre message inside. The worst bit was asking what level Emma was on. confused It was so neat and the spelling was nigh on perfect so I don't see how it can have been written by anyone in Sophie's class, they are age 4 to 7. Have given it to the teacher who was horrified and promised to investigate it. DH is away and when I told him all these things he said he couldn't see what the problem was and why I was worrying so much. hmm

My dad has had to step in and decorate my lounge as DH was never going to do it. I have painted the ceiling twice today so have neck ache.

Where is everyone else?????

Big wave!

AG
x

GirlOnTheBridge Thu 22-Nov-12 20:54:00

Hiya everyone, long time no speak-how are you all? All fine here, although tough day being stuck indoors due to the rain. I'm a bit rubbish at coming on here, sorry, Would it help if I reactivated the fb account?

HC What a strange thing to write in a card- nosey/competitive parent perhaps? Its none of their business! Re Emma- are they thinking dyslexia? Don't worry too much about the maths-I think the way it is taught in UK schools has a lot to answer for.

littlepea How are all the dcs? Have you done your Kili climb yet?

fidelma I used to love hearing all your busy news, how are things?

Brief update on J:
Potty training -we seem to have gone backwards and now he won't go on it at all. At this rate, he won't be going to nursery in Jan which suits me fine because the looming date/potty training deadline is stressing me (and him) out. I'll try and get him into the local Montessori or home ed for a bit.
Speech- still not seen hv as we went through a stage where his speech was coming on great but he is so screechy still. We've had a few sentences this week (a cheerful "look Mummy I broke it!" followed by "Mummy you fix it") and some long words but the high pitched screeches are hard work.

My sister gets married in a few weeks(decided and announced last week) and she wants me there but not J or dh. Dh can't get 2 days off work in the middle of the week so close to Christmas and at such short notice and my 75 yr old mil can't look after J for 12 hours so I'm not going. sad

Oh and dh keeps talking about us trying for dc2...

fidelma Sat 24-Nov-12 23:40:11

Hi Sorry for not posting, I thought you had all give up sad on mn!

Well looked in and you are still here.

AG Sounds hard and full on.It is very tough when you want your children to succeed.(who doesn't)But they are all different and mature at different times.I have watched a boy struggle his way through Junior school with the support of school,family and extra tuition.He is now in the senior school and doing very well.But it has been full on.My only advice( from my experience) and teacher friends is to seak help as ealy as possible.Also communicte with the teachers and stay on top of what they are doing.Exhausting but worth it long term. well done for taking charge of your decorating.

As for my crazy life.......
A normal day
Get up,dog runs around me if dh hasn't yet taken her out! 4 children up and fed breakfast,make a packed lunch (if I failed to do it the night before!)
help ds1 prepare for his audition as a grumpy sheep in the Nativity (open your mouth wide when you sing,use your eyes, did you brush your teeth)
dd1 no I have no idea where your Maths book or ipad are,do you have your drumsticks? You look lovely now stop looking in the mirror and help get Connor ready.
To dh when will you be home? where are you today,no i am not sure about that very important decision at the moment can we disscuss it later? I know my lycra leggins drive you mad but I can not have sex at the moment lol!
DD2 i know you are a bit grumpy at the moment but have you done your spelling? stop being mean to ds1, flute don't forget your music!
I let everyone get in the car and argue about whos turn it is to sit where.Make myself a travel cup of tea (1 mile to the next destination!)
I arrive to the car,switch of Capital radio and change it to Chris Evans.
Drop 3 dc to school asking ds1 to comb his hair with his fingers!
Connor "3 down 1 to go"
He helps me set up my pilates class in the village squash club,get teas,coffee,nuts and fruit ready for after the class.we often dance around to music.
I then drive 1/2 mile to drop him with a friend who takes him into playgroup.
I then eithe rteach 1 or 2 classes.
2 days a week I teach at the playgroup as my contribution and I also help a friend who has just taken over the privatr nursery. (I am doing nativity dances) Needed that like a hole in the head!
Pick Connor up
I am board of my story so will speed up
Lunch
Dog walk
Hens
Poly tunnel
admin
jigsaws
drawing
(luckily nicola sorts my house and washing)
I then make tea
Pick up some children from school
feed, homework
Pick up the others,drop 1 at a club
stop Connor falling asleep infront of the TV
Someone picks up or takes dd1 and dd2 to swimming
Stop ds1 from playing on the computer too much
Bath
Try and put Connor to bed who NEVER wants to go sad
Start providing supper
speak to a riend on the phone or dh s he drives home
ds1 bed
dd1 and dd2 come in as does dh
more food dinner,supper,home work,music practice
massage dd1 who is sore from crazy training
watch dd2 dance around
chase them to bed
facebook bed

EVERY DAY
AGAIN
AGAIN AGAIN
but throw in Saturday 7am in the pool
Wednesday 6am in the pool
tuesday night I teach 2 childrens dance classes
This Friday I had a dinner party (hardly do any these days)
Swimming on Sunday evenings

It is Totally bonkers
I am pretty sane
I do almost no housework as I could not fit it in.

I am explorring some options with the Royal Ballet for me to possibley do some work for them in the near future.
Sort out Christmas etc..........

I guess it keeps me fit.......... (so long as it doesn't kill me)

Sorry you asked lol

fidelma Sat 24-Nov-12 23:44:51

Sorry for all the mistakes but
1. I can't spell
2. couldn't proof read it tonight for some reason
3. was to lazy to use speach marks
SOZ (as the dc would say)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now