Wow! SWMNBN moves into a slightly less fraught arena than parenting...

(40 Posts)
CaptainNancy Sun 31-Jan-10 11:46:56

Story here, but SWMNBN wants to act as an arbiter of the main parties' family policies in the run-up to the next election

shock

Words fail...

EccentricaGallumbits Sun 31-Jan-10 11:49:23

that's sure to swing my vote.

edam Sun 31-Jan-10 11:55:20

Oh, bless her egocentric lack of self-awareness. I'm starting to think GF is actually a comedy creation, but can't decide if it's Chris Morris, Leigh Francis or Sacha Baron Cohen.

butadream Sun 31-Jan-10 11:56:08

Oof that's a face for radio

butadream Sun 31-Jan-10 11:56:39

LOL edam it is Bo Selecta! it is!

edam Sun 31-Jan-10 12:01:53

I couldn't possibly comment, given she's so litigious about personal attacks. But I think attempts to suggest she can swing the next election are comedy gold.

butadream Sun 31-Jan-10 12:02:48

True enough <tiptoes carefully away from the thread>

edam Sun 31-Jan-10 12:04:45

perceived personal attacks.

Am sure she monitors MN, or pays someone to do it, so... Gina, about this Contented Politician business, are you going to check their schedules to make sure they are getting enough sleep? And eating regularly?

priyag Sun 31-Jan-10 20:18:17

Just looked at her website and she is actually saying some really nice things about Mumsnet, how they are the most influential parenting site etc; Not sure how that can be a bad thing.

Habbibu Sun 31-Jan-10 20:24:42

Maybe she's right. Politicians probably shouldn't be looked directly in the eye, and then they should be left in a dark room to sort themselves out on their own (allegedly). She could be on to something...

SoupDragon Sun 31-Jan-10 20:26:17

"she can swing the next election"

Do you think she is experienced at swinging?

CaptainNancy Sun 31-Jan-10 20:48:09

<<snigger>> norty norty....

Habbibu Sun 31-Jan-10 20:58:00

Actually, surely a contented politician is a pointless one? Aren't they supposed to be constantly trying to make things better? Wouldn't be much in the way of parliamentary debate if they were all too chilled (and all had to go and get in the bath at 6:30 on the dot).

sallyjaygorce Mon 01-Feb-10 12:00:57

Not sure how many politicians cry themselves to sleep while thier parents neck wine and try to refrain from picking them up. Not Tony Blair I imagine. Babies are much more successful at focussing on priorities, despite a tendency towards extremism.

MmeLindt Mon 01-Feb-10 12:05:07
sallyjaygorce Mon 01-Feb-10 12:07:01

Twit question - what does SWMNBN stand for?

MmeLindt Mon 01-Feb-10 12:10:33

Be careful that we don't make trouble for MN though.

I do agree with her statement that parents should be allowed to decide on their parenting methods without interference from health visitors or midwives but do not feel that it is the place of the Secretary of State for Health to ensure this happens.

She Who Must Not Be Named

SeaShellsOnTheSeaShore Mon 01-Feb-10 12:12:08

Ha ha ha!

Sorry

swmnbn = she who must not be named, as a result of legal action a few years back. Follow links ten google said "expert" and mn, lots there...

stoppinattwo Mon 01-Feb-10 13:41:22

am i ok to think this??

Becasue its ok If im not <runs>>

stoppinattwo Mon 01-Feb-10 13:42:55

Oh balls wrongg thread...honest, how could I make SUCH a booboo wink

MerlinsBeard Mon 01-Feb-10 13:44:37

“Gina doesn’t care what people say about her, but she does care about mothers who don’t have a voice,” said one friend.

“She doesn’t believe politicians should be telling parents how to bring up their babies.”

what utter bullshit!!

edam Mon 01-Feb-10 16:18:20

Good grief now she's writing to the secretary of state for health, expecting him to give midwives a stiff telling off if they disapprove of her advice. Does she not think a. he may have rather more pressing things to attend to and b. it's not up to the health secretary to tell midwives what to think?

stripeybumpsmum Mon 01-Feb-10 20:29:13

So irritating! I personally don't care either way about her parenting methods - whatever suits you and your baby. But it really hacks me off for her to use the 'everyone's right to make a choice' argument if she then attacks people in wholly inappropriate and unregulated terms if they don't choose her method!

sweetnitanitro Mon 01-Feb-10 20:47:20

Crikey, I've never heard of anyone so convinced that they are right and everyone else is wrong hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now