Ha ha ha - proof that David Cameron DOES have a sense of humour - he has replaced Lansley at Dept of Health with Jeremy Hunt

(43 Posts)
breadandbutterfly Tue 04-Sep-12 11:58:30

If it's not a smashing sense of humour, then my only other guess is it's a desperate attempt to curry favour with Rupert Murdoch - the only man left in England who doesn't think Jeremy CHunt deserves his name.

If you thought the Tories couldn't do any more to trash the NHS...

colleysmill Tue 04-Sep-12 22:11:43

On a lighter note I still chortle at the memory of that unfortunate newsreader who got his name wrong. Not the fact he got the name wrong but the sound bite of him trying not to laugh was hilarious. Childish I know.

OodHousekeeping Wed 05-Sep-12 07:34:45

I always say Jeremy Cunt now and have to concentrate not to blush

FrankieHeck Wed 05-Sep-12 16:28:16
FrothyOM Wed 05-Sep-12 16:37:11

The Guardian is reporting that Jeremy Cunt tried to get the NHS tribute removed from the olympics opening ceremony!

But hey, who needs the NHS when we can have herbal tea? hmm

FrankieHeck Wed 05-Sep-12 17:12:14

i think we might as well start stocking up Frothy...

NightLark Wed 05-Sep-12 17:22:22

I want a LIKE button for PseudoBadgers post.grin

Solopower Wed 05-Sep-12 17:25:19

Apparently he's here to 'sell' us the changes (why does even the BBC - which should be neutral - call them reforms?); because Landsley was having a hard job persuading us that they're for our own good.

Maybe Hunt finds it easier to lie with a straight face.

FrothyOM Wed 05-Sep-12 19:38:30
Solopower Wed 05-Sep-12 20:51:04

'Jeremy Hunt co-authored a book in 2009 calling for the NHS to be dismantled & no longer relevant'

Well, to give credit where it's due - he's not lying about it, is he? In fact, I rather suspect he's proud of it ... And at least we know where we stand.

The NHS is being dismantled, and it's going exactly according to plan for the Tories. Until one of them gets ill.

FrothyOM Wed 05-Sep-12 21:00:26

I can't understand how people can't see that the NHS is being dismantled.

It's what the Tories have wanted to do since it was created. And now they have the chance, people don't seem to notice.

What the fuck is wrong with this country!!! angry

FrothyOM Wed 05-Sep-12 21:03:38

The ones orchestrating this are either wealthy or comfortable enough to afford insurance. Getting ill isn't a problem for them.

Just for millions of other Brits.

Anyone who votes Tory after this is either selfish or a fool.

Extrospektiv Wed 05-Sep-12 21:05:37

One of the world's greatest anti-Romney figures backs the NHS:
http://www.unison.org.uk/news/news_view.asp?did=6711

iseenodust Wed 05-Sep-12 21:11:35

Frothy to be fair it's both sides. Remember Labour started this most directly by letting Branson & others in to provide GP services? I would prefer a proper whole NHS and recognise both sides have the knives out because demographics make the figures just to large to sell to any taxpayer.

Solopower Wed 05-Sep-12 21:35:17

Iseenodust, maybe so, but tbh I don't care who started it. I just want our NHS back!

Demographics. How is it that the population has increased so exponentially without a corresponding increase in the amount of taxes paid into the exchequer that can be allocated to the NHS? What on earth is the govt doing with our taxes? Why isn't it using them to look after our health and education?

iseenodust Thu 06-Sep-12 10:00:51

The point to Frothy was that voting Tory or Labour the die was already cast and voting Labour in future isn't going to turn any clocks back.

The demographics are not so much population increase/tax pot but population increase in age 65+ which is draining funds faster than ever. Most of us are living many years longer but with a mix of chronic illness. Also all the lovely new hi-tec operations / drugs that give us those extra years are complex and expensive....and we'd like them in nice facilities with plenty of qualified staff.

Solopower Thu 06-Sep-12 18:07:36

You're right of course. But it's the elderly who will suffer most under the reorganisation, as I can't see the private companies queuing up to fund the expensive long-term care that people will chronic conditions suffer from.

rabbitstew Wed 12-Sep-12 16:37:52

Well, I always predicted they would start allowing more euthanasia, dismantle the NHS and then start offering free end-of-life pills to the over 75s, so that they can go when they "choose," cheaply... it's just so much kinder... particularly when there's no longer an NHS or state pension...

iseenodust Wed 12-Sep-12 16:59:34

Lord Falconer (Blair's BF) is the one who has just lead a commission made up of 'suitably minded friends' (his own view previously recorded), sponsored by Terry Pratchett, lacking in representation from all the major disability charities, that found ooh yes euthanasia is a good thing.

People need to look beyond party lines and see the agenda of individuals to get an informed picture.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now