Guess what Tesco.com thought would be a suitable substitution for the bottle of Jacob's Creek Chardonnay I ordered last night?

(76 Posts)
PuppyMonkey Tue 07-Jul-09 12:17:41

Boggers.

UnquietDad Tue 14-Jul-09 09:49:23

No amusing ones happened to me personally, but I was chatting to the delivery man about this kind of thing a while back. His most amusing example was that a middle-aged lady who had requested a pack of peanuts had them replaced with a copy of "Nuts" magazine.

melpomene Tue 14-Jul-09 00:28:15

I ordered a pack of sunflower seeds (to snack on) and they replaced them with a box of budgie treats.

Lobyd Mon 13-Jul-09 07:34:19

I've had a proper giggle over these! I once didn't get any of the meat or fish I'd ordered, but did get a bag of four loose oranges. Militant vegetarian packer perhaps?

Twims Sun 12-Jul-09 16:26:31

These are fab

I have only used them twice - in extremis when Ocado couldn't do it.

There were 35 items on my list and they managed four. hmm FOUR FFS! angry

One of which was squashed by the other three.

why on earth do you lot still use tesco? lol

4 items out of your whole shopping is appalling.

Ocado once delivered six bottles of wine to me by mistake and when I queried it, told me to keep them. Perhaps one of them was the OPs? wink

potplant Sat 11-Jul-09 21:55:35

I'm more shocked they refunded the delivery charge. grin

Quattrocento - I did this once - the no-substitutions thing. I ended up with four items from my shopping list arriving. hmm Clearly my shopping was very esoteric and hard to find hmm

Quattrocento Sat 11-Jul-09 21:51:23

Click the no substitutions button. Seriously. The software gets a bit incredulous ("You have clicked the no substitutions button. Are you really really sure about this?") but it'll accept it in the end.

drowninginclutter Sat 11-Jul-09 21:50:51

Sausage rolls instead of loo rolls!

Try wiping your arse with one of those...

Yorky Sat 11-Jul-09 21:49:15

I must get more organised - hadn't realised I was missing out on such entertainment!

sausages has to win that one i reckon!!!

these are awful. we ought to make a proper list and send them to tesco and ask what's going on

dilemma456 Sat 11-Jul-09 21:29:12

Message withdrawn

Honneybunny Sat 11-Jul-09 18:42:51

am rofl reading this thread!

we have had salad cream in stead of saturday paper. failed to see the connection there as well... grin

catsmother Sat 11-Jul-09 15:13:09

I've had lemons instead of lemonade ...... like, I should make my own and was being lazy or something, notwithstanding the doubtful fact that there wasn't a single bottle of lemonade (or indeed Sprite or 7Up) in the whole store.

modrin Fri 10-Jul-09 16:51:36

this thread is hilarious

samplesale Fri 10-Jul-09 16:43:14

and there was someone else on here too wasn't there, who ordered a packet of mixed nuts and got... Nuts magazine. grin

fanjolina Fri 10-Jul-09 15:39:46

who was it on here that ordered a pregnancy test, but had it substituted for....

....a box of condoms grin

cyanarasamba Fri 10-Jul-09 15:06:52

Likewise SoMuchToBits - instead of a box of Cadbury's Heroes I once got.... nothing!

If you need chocolate/wine then you're not going to be picky, they could at least have grabbed something... <grumble, scarred for life at chocolate free evening>

Horton Fri 10-Jul-09 15:01:12

I once got a lemon meringue pie instead of a lemon. I like lemon meringue pie but it's not very nice on fish.

Bettymum Thu 09-Jul-09 10:34:26

grin

christiana Thu 09-Jul-09 10:32:45

Message withdrawn

Bettymum Thu 09-Jul-09 10:10:15

Christiana - Kettle Chips?

SoMuchToBits Thu 09-Jul-09 09:50:13

I once had a Christmas cake in place of eggs - I suppose they assumed that was what I was going to use the eggs for hmm

Also I once ordered some New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc wine, and they said they were unable to find a substitution, so delivered none! I find it hard to believe that they couldn't find another bottle of white wine in the whole store....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now