Any die hard pink floyd fans out there?

(42 Posts)
beujolais Tue 11-Sep-12 13:58:41

Are these not one of the most awesome bands ever? At the moment i'm trying to brainwash my son to enjoy less jessie j and more floyd. I'ts war jessie!!!

beujolais Wed 12-Sep-12 13:57:23

Got to be wish you were here, listen to shine on part2, my fave.

Apparently I was conceived whilst my parents were listening to Echoes. grin

beujolais Wed 12-Sep-12 14:01:44

Got to be shine on part2 marge2. Let it wash over you!

marge2 Wed 12-Sep-12 14:03:24

Nothing really. Listen to 5 Live and I don't have an iPod. blush

what's a good into to pf??

marge2 Wed 12-Sep-12 14:04:40

Shine on part 2 - it is! iPod on Christmas wish list!

beujolais Wed 12-Sep-12 14:05:09

Haha excellent, your folks have good taste! My son was concieved to kraftwerk, maybe that's why i can't get him into them!

senua Wed 12-Sep-12 14:05:45

OMG. You had a member of Pink Floyd as 'background music' !? shock

I wonder if he regrets leaving the band. Their music is fantastic but as individuals they do appear a bit, um, hard work.

beujolais Wed 12-Sep-12 14:07:17

Haha i still don't have one of those! It's a work of fine art, absolute genius. Did anyone see that docu a while back on the making of wish you were here? It was very revealing.

beujolais Wed 12-Sep-12 14:08:41

Oh i'd be sick if i left that band, to not be part of what they made, that would be shit!

senua Wed 12-Sep-12 14:14:15

Sorry beujolais, I have to disagree with you.
Marge: PF are the king of the concept album. You can't 'dip in' to one track, you need to immerse yourself in a whole album (any album, see above).

marge2 Wed 12-Sep-12 14:20:31

Well he never mentions them really. I guess he would be quizzed all the time by middle aged pf fans if he went on about it all the time.

I'm going to see if DH has any pf cd now. He may do. He's the right age!! I guess he never believed the talk either.

beujolais Wed 12-Sep-12 14:24:43

Of course senua, i totally agree, that's probably the reason i'm always running late when i'm getting ready to go out! Yeah marge2, he's probably sick of hearing about it i imagine, at least it's not an urban myth anymore.

I like The Final Cut. And Relics. And Meddle (of course!), but I really can't pick out a favourite. Maybe The Wall? They're all so different- it depends what you're in the mood for at the time.

beujolais Wed 12-Sep-12 14:30:40

Yeah that's true, it does depend what you fancy at the time.

bureni Mon 17-Sep-12 23:58:43

Have a mint copy of Live at Pompeii on ancient video disc, its my most prized possession.

darksideofthemooncup Tue 18-Sep-12 00:42:10

Oh yes grin

beujolais Tue 18-Sep-12 09:38:48

Wow that's great, is it in good condition still? Pompeii is a wonder to behold.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now