This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you'd like test a product on Mumsnet please mail insight@mumsnet.com.

NOW CLOSED Cadbury Egg n Spoon tester feedback thread. Non-official testers welcome too - prizes for both to be won!

(129 Posts)
KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 12-Feb-13 15:24:41

This thread is for the 70 Mumsnetters who have been trying out the new Cadbury Egg n Spoon kid's Easter treat with their DCs. But we'd also like to hear from those of you who weren't part of the official MN product test but who have tried the Egg n Spoon chocolate treat.

Below are a few questions for you to answer but please feel free to add any other comments you may also have.

All 'official' testers who add their feedback to this thread will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will receive a £250 John Lewis voucher.

Everyone who wasn't part of the official product test but who adds their feedback will be entered into a separate prize draw to win a £100 John Lewis voucher.

- What were your and your DC's first impressions of Cadbury Egg n Spoon?

- Which flavour did your children try? What did they think of the taste/texture/size etc?

- How did your DC eat the egg? Did they find it fun to eat or not? Was there anything they particularly liked or disliked about it?

- Would you say your child found the Egg n Spoon more of a special treat compared to other chocolate they eat or not? If so why is this? If not, why not?

- If it came up in conversation, would you recommend the Cadbury Egg n Spoon to a friend? If so why? If not why not?

Thanks and good luck,

MNHQ

Jessje Tue 05-Mar-13 13:49:00

Just found ours last night by the front door.. Thank you Mr Postman!

- What were your and your DC's first impressions of Cadbury Egg n Spoon?

Very excited, couldn't wait to test!

- Which flavour did your children try? What did they think of the taste/texture/size etc?

We had the chocolate flavor. We had it as dessert last night. The children really enjoyed it and asked if we had more to test..:-)) Think for adults it might be a bit too sweet.

- How did your DC eat the egg? Did they find it fun to eat or not? Was there anything they particularly liked or disliked about it?

They both ate with the spoon. They liked it, much better than a boiled egg!
But we did wonder why four eggs and only two spoons? Because if you bring it as a treat to a picnic some people will have to eat with hands?

- Would you say your child found the Egg n Spoon more of a special treat compared to other chocolate they eat or not? If so why is this? If not, why not?

Because of the package, included spoons and the chocolate mousse inside the chocolate egg it makes definitely a more special treat.

- If it came up in conversation, would you recommend the Cadbury Egg n Spoon to a friend? If so why? If not why not?

Yes, it is a fun and special treat for children.

whitest4r Tue 05-Mar-13 14:07:02

My DD loved them and wrote her own review (as she ate all four of them!):

I really enjoy the packaging; it really shows of the Cadburys effect.

The spoons are nice but maybe you could have 4 spoons because there are 4 eggs.
Now, the eggs……. They were so good I personally ate them all!

The chocolate brand ‘Cadburys’ has fantastic chocolate so the eggs must be good…..

A perfect blend of Cadburys chocolate with the creamy centre, lovely (I wish they were in stores)!

Surprisingly (not) the eggs went rather quickly, so maybe in the future there could be 6 eggs , or even 8!

It is something I can not live without, plus I would NEVER give it up for lent because I like them so much!

Fillybuster Tue 05-Mar-13 14:52:23

I was We were a bit sad not to be picked for this trial, so I went out egg-hunting in order to conduct our own test session at home anyway.

All 3 dcs enjoyed their eggs, but we also had a problem with the 2:4 spoon:egg ratio. Please please please could you get Cadbury to change this, as the arguments were nearly severe enough to put me off buying the product again...?

Obviously I had to have the 4th egg, in the interests of quality control and for the avoidance of leftover chocolate hmm

Dcs reckon the eggs were "great" "really yummy" and "can we have them again please?" I thought mine was a bit sweet, but accept I'm probably not the target market.

I would definitely buy these again as a holiday treat smile

AlexMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 06-Mar-13 14:38:26

Hello everyone, thank you for taking part and for all your feedback. I'm pleased to announce that the winner of the product test is Rhumba who gets a £250 John Lewis voucher. Congratulations!

Also congratulations to GoingGoingGoth who wins as an unofficial tester and gets a £100 John Lewis voucher!

Well done to you both.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now