Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

NOW CLOSED: Breastfeeding / expressing for your baby/ child? Want to try the new Philips Avent Comfort Electric Breastpump (RRP £115)? Testers needed

(105 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 26-Nov-12 14:17:27

Hello

We've been asked by Philips Avent to find 20 Mumsnetters who are currently feeding their child breastmilk to try out their brand new "Comfort Electric Breastpump" - RRP £115 – this will be sold via Mothercare from January before becoming available at a wider selection of retailers later on.

Philips says "Extensive research shows us that comfortable positioning is crucial in helping mums express milk more easily. The Philips AVENT Comfort breast pump is the only pump that allows mums to express in a more relaxing, reclined position, preventing backache caused by leaning forward through its ergonomic design. The Comfort breast pump is intuitively easy to use and features an innovative, active massage cushion which feels warm and natural on the breast. Its soft silicone petals gently massage the breast to stimulate the let-down reflex, encouraging milk flow and supply.

"The Philips AVENT Comfort electric breast pump is equipped with three simple settings and a stimulation mode so you can choose your most comfortable milk flow".

"Each feature of the Comfort breast pump is designed to encourage mum to feed breastmilk to her child for longer whilst making the whole experience easier and more comfortable".

Selected testers will need to try the pump for a couple of weeks and then to add feedback to a thread on Mumsnet. We'd also want you to add a review to the breastpump review area on MN.

The product test is open to all UK MNers who are currently breastfeeding or expressing for a baby/ child - the product will be sent out in the next week or so. You will be able to keep the pump after adding your feedback.

If you'd like to take part and you can add feedback as required please sign up here and we will be in touch with selected testers asap.

thanks, MNHQ

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 29-Nov-12 16:15:47

It did Wommer (twice!) - thanks

Wommer Thu 29-Nov-12 16:16:31

Oops blush thanks Ann smile
I'll trust it next time!

IceNoSlice Thu 29-Nov-12 17:02:12

Hi Ann - please could you let me know if my application worked too (sorry!) Again, not 100% confident as applied on my phone. I'd really like to be part of this test.

I have applied to test a few things on MN and been unsuccessful every time sad. Wondering if either my applications aren't getting through or perhaps I am not writing the right things?

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 29-Nov-12 18:30:37

IceNoSlice - yep it worked
Keep applying - sorry you've not been selected for stuff yet - it's a lot down to luck as we often have lots of folks applying.

daisy4mae Thu 29-Nov-12 22:51:42

Done. I really like the idea of being able to recline whilst pumping as I would have found that much easier in the early days, with a newborn and a dodgy back!

TrishRob Fri 30-Nov-12 06:24:13

Would love to try this! Avoid using my manual one if at all possible, so uncomfy - think I would be able to keep going longer if I could find one I like!

DaffyDuck88 Fri 30-Nov-12 16:18:24

All being well, I am planning on breast feeding, but little one isn't due till December so I might not quite be the target market if trial has to start straight away. But happy to take part if it has a delayed start!

DaffyDuck88 Fri 30-Nov-12 16:18:55

...crumbs! It practically is December!

openerofjars Fri 30-Nov-12 17:21:54

Ooh, please can I have a go? I'm due to go back to work in January and I'm really worried about being able to express enough for DD with my ancient manual pump which has done sterling service for two babies but is now looking a bit sad. I had to do mixed feeding for DS and I'd love to be able to keep DD off the formula.

Lesbanian Thu 06-Dec-12 01:33:45

When do we know if we have been selected for this? About to buy a new pump and don't want to if I still have a chance of being a tester. Thanks

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 07-Dec-12 12:26:30

hi - just to let you all know I just emailed those selected - 21 of them.
Thanks to everyone who applied - it was tough choosing the testers.
Keep your eyes peeled for the feedback coming soonish.

ScaredySquirrel Fri 07-Dec-12 12:28:01

I just got my email - thanks so much!! I'm so excited. My event crappy pump gave up the ghost this week and I've not been able to pump at work. I''m going up to 3 days a week soon and didn't know what to do. I promise to provide very helpful feedback!

ScaredySquirrel Fri 07-Dec-12 12:29:27

I realise that it is sad to be so pleased by this, and I should probably get a life but really was in a quandary about how best to express at work.

AmandinePoulain Fri 07-Dec-12 12:51:20

I'm excited too! Thank you! grin

Thank you so much! Can't wait to try it out.

Thank you very, very much. My manual one is going in the bin tonight.

monkeypuzzeltree Mon 10-Dec-12 18:39:05

Can't wait to receive this, apparent will be here by Friday- then hopefully so long noisy Medela!!! Can't hear the telly over it in the evenings and it wakes my son if I use while he's sleeping!!

AmandinePoulain Thu 13-Dec-12 11:43:39

Just got mine! Yay! I've just expressed though so can't use it right away sad, my old noisy medula has been out for the last time grin

Oddly I just received a tube of scar reducing gel to test too, thanks mumsnet grin

AmandinePoulain Thu 13-Dec-12 12:16:50

And thanks for the candle!

Will there be a feedback thread?

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 13-Dec-12 13:20:06

hi AmandinePoulain - hurrah! Yes there will be - will email you a link next week sometime.

ScaredySquirrel Thu 13-Dec-12 18:12:25

mine isn't coming until Tuesday now. I'm very interested to hear how noisy it is - and also whether it is possible to run it off batteries rather than the mains - I've discovered there's no easily accessible plug in my quiet room at work where I need to go to express.

AmandinePoulain Thu 13-Dec-12 18:39:50

Squirrel it does run off AA batteries but doesn't come with any. It's far quieter than my old one but not silent smile

tallergirl Thu 13-Dec-12 18:50:26

Has everyone's pump arrived? Waited in all day but no pump .....sad

Wommer Thu 13-Dec-12 21:24:32

Was it delivered by DX by any chance? Missed a parcel today and can't think of anything else it could be....
Didn't get an email but am now wondering if my spam filter got overexcited... grin (hopeful face!)

AmandinePoulain Thu 13-Dec-12 21:30:19

Mine was delivered by Parcelforce, sorry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now