This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you'd like test a product on Mumsnet please mail insight@mumsnet.com.

NOW CLOSED: Breastfeeding / expressing for your baby/ child? Want to try the new Philips Avent Comfort Electric Breastpump (RRP £115)? Testers needed

(105 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 26-Nov-12 14:17:27

Hello

We've been asked by Philips Avent to find 20 Mumsnetters who are currently feeding their child breastmilk to try out their brand new "Comfort Electric Breastpump" - RRP £115 – this will be sold via Mothercare from January before becoming available at a wider selection of retailers later on.

Philips says "Extensive research shows us that comfortable positioning is crucial in helping mums express milk more easily. The Philips AVENT Comfort breast pump is the only pump that allows mums to express in a more relaxing, reclined position, preventing backache caused by leaning forward through its ergonomic design. The Comfort breast pump is intuitively easy to use and features an innovative, active massage cushion which feels warm and natural on the breast. Its soft silicone petals gently massage the breast to stimulate the let-down reflex, encouraging milk flow and supply.

"The Philips AVENT Comfort electric breast pump is equipped with three simple settings and a stimulation mode so you can choose your most comfortable milk flow".

"Each feature of the Comfort breast pump is designed to encourage mum to feed breastmilk to her child for longer whilst making the whole experience easier and more comfortable".

Selected testers will need to try the pump for a couple of weeks and then to add feedback to a thread on Mumsnet. We'd also want you to add a review to the breastpump review area on MN.

The product test is open to all UK MNers who are currently breastfeeding or expressing for a baby/ child - the product will be sent out in the next week or so. You will be able to keep the pump after adding your feedback.

If you'd like to take part and you can add feedback as required please sign up here and we will be in touch with selected testers asap.

thanks, MNHQ

Wommer Mon 26-Nov-12 20:04:24

Have entered again to make sure - hope this is ok - really want this! grin

Christobel51 Mon 26-Nov-12 20:42:25

Would love to try this to increase my supply.

NervousAt20 Mon 26-Nov-12 20:54:39

Done

Is love to be able to take part as I struggle to express with my manual and I want DP to give feeds in public and at night

BatCave Mon 26-Nov-12 21:14:55

Done, I hope I can try this, I plan on donating milk to my local milk bank so would like to find a good pump!

readyforno2 Mon 26-Nov-12 21:50:49

I am already donating milk and its a real chore with the manual pump... Repetitive strain injury coming my way

I've completed the survey, my baby is only seven weeks old, but expressing some milk means I can sleep for longer, and (fingers crossed) go out!

JugglingWithPossibilities Mon 26-Nov-12 23:01:31

Just wondered shouldn't that be ...

"Breastfeeding and expressing ?" in your title MNHQ

If you are just breastfeeding (like I did) you wouldn't need a pump (though did try one once but thought it was too much hassle)

And would anyone just express ?

So I think that's an and then ?! (and not an or)

Sorry, must have too much time on my hands ... I must get to bed smile

Dencar Mon 26-Nov-12 23:12:18

Hopefully this would be a chance to increase supply and shorten the lengthy Breastfeeding sessions.
Thank you

Can we apply if we plan to bf and express for a baby due to arrive by elcs in 3 wks smile

I bf and expressed, or struggled to express should I say for my older two, manual pump was awful for me!

Lesbanian Tue 27-Nov-12 00:21:17

Done.

Crossing everything I get picked for this. Seriously considered putting my daughter on formula when I return to work as hate expressing so much.

This sounds fantastic!

mumnosbest Tue 27-Nov-12 00:21:36

Please please pick me. I'm in danger of repetative strain injury with my manual pump and still don't have enough for going back to work.

ME ME ME! would love to be able to express so I can have some sleep and let hubbie feed!!!

MissTapestry Tue 27-Nov-12 04:07:34

Pick meeeeee! I hate my Electric pump but I can't admit it to DP because it cost a fortune and we're struggling on maternity pay, so I feel like I have to use it even though its ineffective and sometimes makes me sore. I'd love an alternative!

kissyfur Tue 27-Nov-12 04:41:05

Completed! Really hoping me and LO get picked for this, manual pump doesn't get a lot out for me and would like a night out over Christmas! smile

junemami Tue 27-Nov-12 07:13:21

This was surely made for me to cure my pump angst grin

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 27-Nov-12 09:36:59

JugglingWithPossibilities - have tweaked to a /

StateofConfusion - it's really for folks already expressing, sorry

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 27-Nov-12 09:37:26

thanks to everyone who has applied so far...some lovely stories on the forms smile

JugglingWithPossibilities Tue 27-Nov-12 10:11:32

Thanks for tweaking - I guess it's important to remember that breastfeeding is quite possible without expressing. Au naturel will suit some mothers and babies better ! But everyone and their situations are different ... And some pumps are evidently better than others.

.... Just don't come too near me with those tweaky fingers wink

Really hoping I get a go at this one, DS will need to move on from an occasional expressed feed soon to more bottles. Really didn't want breastfeeding to end because of hospital stays getting in the way, would be nice to have the opportunity to continue on and stop when we want to.

Also have bad memories of expressing for DD1 having to sit bolt upright or the milk would dribble out and not into the bottle.

nickelbabeuntiladvent Tue 27-Nov-12 13:44:56

ooh, that would be good - I've got a shit boots hand pump (because it was the cheapest) and it really hurts when i use it for more than 2 minutes!

Bullywodgie Tue 27-Nov-12 13:47:44

Breast feeding my 7 week old and find the pump I have very slow would love to try the Avent pump as I hear it's one of the best brands

ValiumQueen Tue 27-Nov-12 13:50:14

Done.

PamBeesly Tue 27-Nov-12 13:55:17

I'd love to try, feeding my 9 month old DS, haven't gotten on so well with pumps so far and would love to try one that might suit us

Emmysmum2010 Tue 27-Nov-12 13:56:41

Done, Hoping I'm not too late. Would be SO helpful with my 5 week old boy

LilyThePinkaPinkaPink Tue 27-Nov-12 14:07:17

Done smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now