Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

NOW CLOSED: Testers needed for the new Philips PerfectCare Xpress iron (RRP £120)

(226 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 05-Nov-12 10:34:16

We're looking for 20 Mumsnetters to try Philips PerfectCare Xpress the World's first pressurised steam iron, with "revolutionary OptimalTEMP technology and compact steam generator, it's built for powerful crease removal and is faster than any other steam iron, as tested by independent institute, DWI, June 2011".

Here's what Philips say about the product: "PerfectCare Xpress has no settings, just one perfect temperature that's safe on all ironable fabrics, even delicates. Iron from jeans to silk, to linen, to cotton, to cashmere...in any order, without having to adjust the temperature, it's 100% scorch proof! Plus with an automatic motion steam sensor inside ironing has never been easier. Compact and convenient for storage it's perfect for ironing small loads, every day"

This product test is open to all UK Mumsnetters. Testers will be required to try the iron out over the course of a week and add feedback to a thread on Mumsnet. We'd also like you to add a review to MN reviews to let us know how you get on.

To sign up click here.

All those who are selected to take part and leave the required feedback on Mumsnet will receive the PerfectCare Xpress to keep (RRP £120).

Thanks and good luck,

MNHQ

lisad123 Mon 05-Nov-12 13:53:34

Please please me I hate ironing and am pretty bad at it! blush

Wowserz129 Mon 05-Nov-12 13:54:06

I need this. My future sanity depends on it!

ByTheWay1 Mon 05-Nov-12 14:07:41

please please - I'm stood here with an iron and a water filled plant spray - mine stopped steaming a year ago and I can't decide which one to buy - there are so many out there it is impossible to decide!!

Beanypip Mon 05-Nov-12 14:13:07

Done. It's amazing how annoying baby clothes are to iron!

lottytheladybird Mon 05-Nov-12 14:13:13

No need to adjust the temp? No scorching? Sounds like iron heaven!

I hate ironing
Surely a new iron would make it more exciting, and the DC's would then have lovely ironed shirts rather than the usual shaken and folded effect

JoulesM Mon 05-Nov-12 14:19:27

Any chance of still getting selected??? Our iron leaves water marks at its worst and at best doesn't actually get out any creases-just heats the fabric. Would love to wear a crease free shirt (although with a 2yo and 5 week old that may be ambitious?!? smile

ShoeJunkie Mon 05-Nov-12 14:21:03

Done!

BabylonPI Mon 05-Nov-12 14:39:29

Done!!!

I bloody love ironing, I know I'm sad, but I do. I find it very therapeutic - nothing better than working my way through a basket full of creased shirts and making them all smooth with sharp creases!!

<runs before the men with straight jacket are called> grin

smokinaces Mon 05-Nov-12 14:42:13

Entered..... when do we find out? Only as I dropped and smashed mine the other day and save me getting the new crappy one out the box and all that (ever hopeful ;-) )

kiwigirl42 Mon 05-Nov-12 14:45:19

I've signed up. Its an ongoing issue in our house. DH says I am crap at ironing though I try my best. He is RAF trained to iron to kill and spends ages fecking around getting things perfect. I'd love to surprise him with my super ninja ironing skills!

WheresMyCow Mon 05-Nov-12 15:10:07

Done - anything that would actually encourage me to iron clothes would mean I have so many different things to wear instead of the same few items all.the.time grin

Lougle Mon 05-Nov-12 15:35:54

My DH would LOVE IT if I was picked and it converted me to ironing smile He ends up doing any ironing because I loathe it so much.

Kewcumber Mon 05-Nov-12 16:52:06

I am the worlds most rubbish ironer. This might convert me.

notso Mon 05-Nov-12 16:52:54

Done. Hope I get picked, have no iron at the moment.

Florin Mon 05-Nov-12 16:56:23

Please please please can I try this. My husband dropped my iron and it leaks steam which is dangerous. I really need a new iron!

Happylander Mon 05-Nov-12 16:57:36

Me me me. My ex took the decent iron when he left!

gwenniebee Mon 05-Nov-12 17:03:54

Me! I'm fed up with iron spit on my clothes...

incognitomama Mon 05-Nov-12 17:03:55

Done. For that price I'm hoping it's got an autopilot button grin so I can put my feet up and have a brew. Also, put down my more regularly used mn name but I'm guessing you could hunt me down via email if needed!

FairiesWearPoppies Mon 05-Nov-12 17:08:17

Done so desperate to get this one! I have an old flat iron!!!! Not really but doesn't steam or make things particularly flat!

Giddypants Mon 05-Nov-12 17:08:59

Done! I really need a new iron.

JumpingJetFlash Mon 05-Nov-12 17:12:51

Done - might even convince hubby to iron if it's a super duper swish one :-) (well miracles might happen lol)

MamaD1 Mon 05-Nov-12 17:15:53

Done... fingers crossed

Signed up too. As someone with too many things with iron burns on them from using a too hot iron this sounds great!

Boggler Mon 05-Nov-12 17:20:07

All done grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now