Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

NOW CLOSED: If your child has been to a FREE Football Association Tesco Skills course this half term - please add your feedback: £400 of England kit to be won

(71 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 08-Oct-12 13:27:37

Hello, over the next few months we're pleased to be working with The Football Association to promote their FA Tesco Skills coaching programme for children aged 5-11.

They say "Our unique football coaching programme gives boys and girls of all abilities the opportunity to get active, learn new football skills and enjoy the game. Our specially qualified FA coaches will help your child to develop more than just football skills, we'll help them to make friends, gain confidence, build self-esteem and learn to work as team. Our October holiday sessions are perfect for children who have never played before and also for those who regularly enjoy football."

The FA wants to encourage everyone to go along to a session and to add their feedback on it to this thread. Please note the sessions are subject to availability and open to ALL children regardless of ability.

The next lot of sessions are running this October half term and are free!

This is for the English FA so with regret it's England only (there are plans for similar sessions to be expanded under the Scottish and Welsh FA's)

If you'd like to take part you need to book a session by following the link below.

tescoskills.thefa.com/

Do post on this thread to let us know that you're going along (or bookmark it/ add to threads you're watching) and then report back and share with MN how your DD or DS got on. If you've already been to a session or your child attends an after school FA Tesco Skills Centre please do add your feedback below.

Everyone who adds feedback on the sessions (after school or the October half term sessions) will be entered into a prize draw where TWO winners will each get their choice of £200 of England football kit.

So please let us know...

~ Overall impressions
~ Coach: what your DC thought of the coach and how he/she compared to others you may have seen/ experience
~ Skills: what skills your DC learnt/ practised
~ Plus anything else you or your DC thought about the session - would you try to book again? Would you recommend to other parents?

Thanks, MNHQ

neddle Mon 08-Oct-12 16:33:34

I've booked three of my children on this for our local school. We missed the last session due to heavy rain sad

Chopstheduck Mon 08-Oct-12 16:36:42

Oh we always do these, the dc absolutely love them! Have just booked for October now.

whimsy Mon 08-Oct-12 16:38:44

I've booked my boys in for October. They'll love it.

BlueMosaic Mon 08-Oct-12 16:46:37

There are none within a 25 mile radius of us sad, which is a shame. It sounds fab!

weblette Mon 08-Oct-12 16:50:57

Although there's a humongous Tesco v close by and several more contentious ones opening, there isn't a course within 15 miles. Very very disappointing.

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 08-Oct-12 17:14:23

Sorry if there is none near you - it is only in a specific range of counties I believe for now...

poorbuthappy Mon 08-Oct-12 17:24:25

Ummmm, none in Wales?
Really?
Massive Tescos at either end of Newport??
Nice one.

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 08-Oct-12 17:30:29

poorbuthappy - it's nothing to do with where tesco stores are its because it's run by the English FA. The Welsh FA may have a similar scheme.

We attended one in Blackpool which is very popular, the field they use is at a secondary school so good facilities, the coaches were great and already coaching teams on other days.

I thought the skills taught were very good, passing, dribbling etc and the coaches were enthusiastic.

My only negative was because it was run by coaches who had existing teams it was full of experienced children and when it came to the mini games they were experienced, more skilled and were passing to their team members.

Sorry pressed post too soon. So dd didn't get a look in and although she enjoyed the teaching part she came away frustrated by the game part.

So maybe my feedback would be when they split the children into groups for the game bit to put the beginners or slower runners together.

But hey its free!

missymoomoomee Mon 08-Oct-12 18:57:09

Just booked for my 2 oldest they can't wait.

poorbuthappy Mon 08-Oct-12 19:01:02

AnnMumsnet, its alright, I'll pick up my award for the most stupid post later on.

Its very frustrating though, we just don't seem to get stuff over the bridge. sad Although I'm sure that you will come and prove me wrong on that count too!

Nah, the Welsh FA are too busy naval gazing to work out why we are so crap at football! grin

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 08-Oct-12 19:29:01

poorbuthappy - tis ok! sorry its not near you...how far are you into Wales?

YouBrokeMySmoulder Mon 08-Oct-12 19:38:52

Just booked for half term. Will see how we go. Sometimes ds loves these things, sometimes not.

changer22 Mon 08-Oct-12 20:02:43

Ha! I'm in Brighton and there's nothing near us apart from London!

poorbuthappy Mon 08-Oct-12 20:08:10

Not far, only 2 junctions on the lovely M4.
But (and this sounds really really skanky), i get really annoyed paying the bridge. It winds me up no end. My dh pays every single school day, so therefore I do all possible not too!

feetheart Mon 08-Oct-12 20:15:08

Thanks for that, several really close to us that I knew nothing about. DS booked and will be delighted when he wakes up tomorrow smile

twitchypalm Mon 08-Oct-12 20:17:26

Well ive looked and our nearest one is 25 miles despite being surrounded by tescos sad not very well spaced are they tescos. oh well another good reason not to spend my hard earned money in their shop.

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Mon 08-Oct-12 20:34:15

Signed up for a half term one, thanks.

Thanks for that, never done it before but just checked & there is a session on near us so just booked my eldest on the course for half term!!!

Fillybuster Mon 08-Oct-12 23:12:39

There's a session within 10 miles, but in London terms that means a substantial (long) drive....so sadly can't do it. Love the idea though, and will keep an eye out for future sessions in case there are some nearer to us.

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Mon 08-Oct-12 23:49:11

Filly did you spot the not-very -obvious circles at the bottom so you could flick to the next page - the results don't come back in distance order!

nameuschangeus Tue 09-Oct-12 06:23:10

Have got 2 Ds's who would love to do this but no sessions less than 40 miles away. Not free to join when it costs that much in petrol sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now