Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

NOW CLOSED Try out the new Globe Hoover and get to keep it after testing

(162 Posts)
TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 25-Jul-12 10:09:19

Hoover are looking for 5 Mumsnetters to put the new Globe Hoover to the test.

This is what Hoover says about the product: "Globe is Hoover's new manoeuvrable range of vacuum cleaners containing patented twist and steer technology allowing you to easily glide around furniture. The compact and lightweight design combines with a self aligning locking mechanism and directional control meaning that Globe is not only easy to manoeuvre but it also effortlessly negotiates obstacles and corners."

In order to really test what the Globe can do, Hoover will be setting challenges for testers to undertake during the trial and then asking them to add their feedback to a thread on MN and, if possible, send in pictures and/or video footage. The challenges include vacuuming around obstacles in the home, hard to reach places and stairs, cleaning up after pets etc. Please note that if you supply any video or photo footage, it may appear on MN, YouTube and/or Facebook.

This product test is open to all UK Mumsnetters with at least one child. If you wish to take part in this trial please sign up here.

Everyone who takes part in the product test and leaves their feedback gets to keep the Globe Hoover after testing (RRP £229). There will also be an additional £30 Amazon voucher up for grabs for the tester who sends in the best video or photo of them doing the challenges.

Thanks and good luck!
MNHQ

MrsJohnDeere Sat 04-Aug-12 17:04:59

Um, I had an email saying I'd been picked too. Will be gutted if it's not the case (hate my current Dyson).

I hope there hasn't been a mix up sad

Sorry that wasnt against you MrsJohnDeere and the other poster.
I was just excited I had been chosen sad

mynameis Sat 04-Aug-12 20:06:04

Me too northern. Have been checking this thread and email all day. sad

MrsJohnDeere Sat 04-Aug-12 20:24:36

Me too. Got email yesterday then spotted this today. sad

TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 05-Aug-12 19:16:57

Really sorry about this everyone - am trying to work out what's gone wrong as we speak (and simultaneously worrying that I'm losing my marbles). I'll get back to you as soon as I can...

EauRouge Mon 06-Aug-12 10:01:33

I just got an email- can I run around the house screaming yet? Is it for real? shock

Thank you MN!

I have just received my hoover grin

The only trouble is...now I have to do housework!! Right lets get started wink

MrsJohnDeere Wed 15-Aug-12 10:51:33

Guess that means my email from MNHQ was an error and I'm not getting one after all sad?

Oh sorry MrsJohnDeere sad

TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 15-Aug-12 18:16:45

Sorry MrsJohnDeere - I did email you again to explain what had occurred and to apologise profusely but maybe it didn't get through? I'll PM you my email (too embarrassed about how grovelly it is to share here!)

MrsJohnDeere Wed 15-Aug-12 21:17:43

No worries. Didn't get the second email confused but have seen your PM now. I'll get over it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now