WEBCHAT GUIDELINES 1. One question per member plus one follow-up once you've had a response. 2. Keep your question brief 3. Don't moan if your question doesn't get answered. 4. Do be civil/polite. See full guidelines here.

Delia Smith: live webchat, TODAY, Thursday 28 February, 1-2pm

(129 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 27-Feb-13 09:46:18

To mark the end of #FoodFeb, our month long celebration of great food, we're delighted that Delia Smith is joining us tomorrow (Thursday 28 Feb) between 1 and 2pm for a webchat.

Delia last joined us in late November 2011 where she talked about everything from perfect gravy to Christmas pud. She's back this time to celebrate the launch of her latest book Delia's Cakes. Delia's Book of Cakes was first published in 1977, and has never been out of print. To celebrate its success it has undergone a complete contemporary makeover. Delia's Cakes includes timeless classics like coffee and walnut sponge and old-fashioned cherry cake as well as new recipes such as iced hidden strawberry cup cakes and chunky marmalade muffins.

The Delia Online Cookery School also launches this Thursday 28th at www.deliaonline.com.

Delia will be announcing the winners of our cake decorating competition and answering your questions between 1 and 2pm on Thursday. As ever, if you're unable to make that time, do post your question in advance to this thread.

rockinhippy Thu 28-Feb-13 22:04:20

Congratulations to the cake winners too - I knew the asparagus would win, well deserved, I've never seen another like it in my life, well done xx

Valpollicella Thu 28-Feb-13 23:05:00

Am so shock about having had my q answered by Delia and DS is even more agog grin

Fab chat!

cairnterrier Fri 01-Mar-13 14:52:55

Just wanted to say thank you so much to Delia for answering my question about egg allergy and for including egg free recipes in her book. 17 new things to try, yum!

Jux Sat 02-Mar-13 13:25:43

Delia, I am doing the chicken with 30 cloves of garlic on Sunday. As dh is a bit confused at the idea, we shall have roast spuds and cabbage with it because they are his speciality and will mollify him until he's tasted the chicken!

Excellent online site. Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now