WEBCHAT GUIDELINES 1. One question per member plus one follow-up once you've had a response. 2. Keep your question brief 3. Don't moan if your question doesn't get answered. 4. Do be civil/polite. See full guidelines here.

Please could you organise a webchat with Dr John Briffa?

(59 Posts)
BIWIWhoMustBeObeyed Mon 30-Apr-12 13:50:28

He is a great advocate of low carbing - and given how many of us are now signed up to my Bootcamp (around 80 signed up to start with!), he would be fantastic guest.

Did you know that as of Friday, those of us who are Bootcamping lost a total of 341lbs?! That's enough to make almost another three MNetters!

Dr Briffa has written several books, the latest of which Escape the Diet Trap is brilliant in terms of explaining why calorie counting doesn't work and why fat is good for you - completely over-turning the dietary advice the government has been so keen to foist on us over the last 30 years.

Please? <offers wine>

BIWItheBold Sat 19-May-12 12:54:12

It's hugely counter-intuitive, but it is absolutely true. The very first week I started low carbing (many years ago now) I was amazed and not a little worried about what I was eating. I couldn't believe I would lose weight with the amount of food and the amount of fat I was consuming - it was a real leap of faith! But it works. In fact, if you try and do low carb and low fat, weight loss will slow right down or stop.

Read Dr John Briffa's book Escape the Diet Trap if you can - he explains it brilliantly there.

Which is one reason why I want us to have him here for a web chat, MNHQ

grin

OliviaLMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 19-May-12 16:01:26

It's not me, BIWI, honest. Tis the elusive busy and important powersthatbe.

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 22-May-12 11:47:32

Great suggestion. We're on the case of tracking down Dr Briffa and will keep you posted on how we get on (though we'll have to hide the biscuit tin if he comes in)

BIWItheBold Tue 22-May-12 11:48:31

Oooh - fab! Thank you very, very much.

I think he's based not too far away from MNHQ so surely he will be dying to come and talk to us all grin

OliviaLMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 22-May-12 12:45:30

You see.

BIWItheBold Tue 22-May-12 17:26:52

I take it all back, Olivia grin

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 27-Jun-12 17:51:04

BIWIWhoMustBeObeyed

He is a great advocate of low carbing - and given how many of us are now signed up to my Bootcamp (around 80 signed up to start with!), he would be fantastic guest.

Did you know that as of Friday, those of us who are Bootcamping lost a total of 341lbs?! That's enough to make almost another three MNetters!

Dr Briffa has written several books, the latest of which Escape the Diet Trap is brilliant in terms of explaining why calorie counting doesn't work and why fat is good for you - completely over-turning the dietary advice the government has been so keen to foist on us over the last 30 years.

Please? <offers wine>

Watch this space...

smokinaces Wed 27-Jun-12 17:57:46

Ooh ooh ooh!!! That sounds promising!!! <squeal>

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 03-Jul-12 09:44:37

Incase anyone has missed the thread, John Briffa is joining us on Wednesday 4 July at 12 midday for a webchat. Post a question to John to this thread

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now