It's Royal wedding day for the Playmobil people in our house....

(135 Posts)
SoMuchToBits Fri 29-Apr-11 10:26:02

Prince Jared of Playmoland is marrying Miss Annabel Widdleton today at Ruggington Cathedral. They are being married by the Archbishop of Ruggington.

Crowds of people are lining the streets, waving flags, hoping to catch a glimpse of the happy couple. One man, Rhys has even camped out for several days to secure a good view. He has been interviewed by the Playmobil Broadcasting Corporation.

The wedding will be attended by both families, friends, foreign heads of state, and cabinet ministers, including the Prime Minister, Noreman the Foreman.

I haven't, Shakey, they might complain about all our homemade Playmo flags and bunting blush.

shakey1500 Wed 11-May-11 22:29:14

Just out of interest SoMuch, have you forwarded any of your fantastic efforts (not meaning "effort" in a derogatory way!) to Playmobile Company? I'm sure they'd be thrilled and may send you loads of freebies send you a complimentary email?

SoloIsApparentlyACougar Sat 07-May-11 10:36:43

Phew! maybe I should get my eyes tested!!! grin

SoMuchToBits Sat 07-May-11 10:30:00

I can't see anyone mooning! grin I think it's highly unlikely, as you can't remove Playmo people's clothes (apart from hats, cloaks etc).

SoloIsApparentlyACougar Sat 07-May-11 00:04:00

I have to ask...on the picture 'View from above' is that chap mooning?! shock

AngelDog Fri 06-May-11 20:19:02

Another thanks for a good laugh and inspiration. I'd followed your election thread avidly and this was great. Your DS is very lucky to have a mum like you. smile

Popolly Fri 06-May-11 16:11:02

Yes, SoMuch, I'm another one who is in awe of your playmobil talents! Really fantastic work!

SybilBeddows Fri 06-May-11 13:46:25

I actually think the Tea-Drinking Party could get the Daily Mail on side which would greatly enhance its chances in the election.
they don't need to know about the German origin of its members.

Longtime Fri 06-May-11 13:42:06

Have just seen this via the round-up. I'm speechless (doesn't often happen). This is absolutely amazing! Just brilliant! Well done SoMuch and thanks for all your hard work smile

SoMuchToBits Fri 06-May-11 09:32:44

I'm not at all sure the world is ready for a website filled with our Playmobil!

AitchTwoOh, many people have commented that the police (especially Michael the beach policeman) look a bit "Village People"......

AitchTwoOh Fri 06-May-11 09:21:35

i need to know if the assembled Ruggington Police Force is performing YMCA in the last photo..?

EveryonesJealousOfGingers Fri 06-May-11 00:37:34

There are worse parties out there Norman !

SoMuch I think you, your DS and your entire Playmobil collection should have a website.

Fantastic. Bonkers, but fantastic!

Hmmmm..... I'm not sure the UK public would vote for the "tea-drinking party"...... hmm

claretandcheese Thu 05-May-11 23:24:30

Brilliant. I would like to suggest you run for office in the next uk election, Norm. Opposable thumbs are so overrated btw

I think the bride did get given away. No choir at all, I'm afraid, as Playmobil don't seem to make choirpersons.... I think the Archbish said something like, "I now declare you to be married".

And as for rings, there were two of them on the cushion the page boy was carrying, but neither the bride nor groom can wear them, as Playmopeople's handsdon't have fingers blush.

SybilBeddows Wed 04-May-11 19:41:52

I would like to know how patriarchal the Playmobil royal wedding was.
Did the bride get given away? Did the vicar say 'I now pronounce you Playmobil man and wife'? Were there choirgirls as well as choirboys?

Slubberdegullion Wed 04-May-11 19:30:00

grin wink

Lol, Slubber, I hope you noticed there were several other families with children (not just the bridesmaids/page boys). It wasn't one of those sort of weddings with no children.....

Anyway, the close families have to sit at the front, don't they? wink

Slubberdegullion Tue 03-May-11 18:41:05

hahahahaha

omg that is EPIC and totally trumps the rl royal wedding. Jared and Annabel have the Holy Family WITH baby Jesus in attendance and have sat them about three rows back.

v funny SoMuch

stealthsquiggle Mon 02-May-11 17:13:38

easy on the blue cocktails, Norman - remember it is a networking opportunity wink

grin I'm looking forward to this evening - the Duke and Duchess are employing barbecue-man and chef-man to do the food, and there will be some more of those nice blue cocktails they had at the wedding reception!

stealthsquiggle Mon 02-May-11 16:55:37

oooh - play your cards right, Norman, and you could get the building contract for their new family home and be Sir Norman soon

Lol, no, stealth - but Bossy Ross, myself and a few mates have been invited to have a barbecue with the Duke and Duchess of Ruggington at their holiday home this evening! Things are looking up.... smile

stealthsquiggle Mon 02-May-11 16:26:50

Did Michael the slightly camp beach policeman host a 'survivors breakfast' on Saturday morning, Norman?

shakey1500 Sun 01-May-11 21:20:51

waves at Norm

Very nice to meet you Norm smile and I'm sure you're doing a grand job as PM. Look forward to hearing more of Playmolands' shenanigans smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now