It's Royal wedding day for the Playmobil people in our house....

(135 Posts)
SoMuchToBits Fri 29-Apr-11 10:26:02

Prince Jared of Playmoland is marrying Miss Annabel Widdleton today at Ruggington Cathedral. They are being married by the Archbishop of Ruggington.

Crowds of people are lining the streets, waving flags, hoping to catch a glimpse of the happy couple. One man, Rhys has even camped out for several days to secure a good view. He has been interviewed by the Playmobil Broadcasting Corporation.

The wedding will be attended by both families, friends, foreign heads of state, and cabinet ministers, including the Prime Minister, Noreman the Foreman.

BeakerTheMuppetMuppet Fri 29-Apr-11 10:29:30

grin

SoMuchToBits Fri 29-Apr-11 10:30:52

Some photos are already on my profile....

PaganOfBologna Fri 29-Apr-11 10:33:33

I don't know whether to be in awe of your creativity or to slightly fear for your sanity confused grin

Kudos on the flags though - that must have taken some time!

NorbertDentressangle Fri 29-Apr-11 10:33:37

lol! Snap!

The DC have the wedding on on the TV in the background and are currently deciding who should be Kate out of all the female figures. The problem they have is that none of them are wearing anything that resembles a wedding dress

I'm hiding in another room away from all things wedding related

love the camel arriving grin

SybilBeddows Fri 29-Apr-11 10:35:30

box of tissues and some sellotape.
used to make magnificent meringues with long trains for my Pippa dolls when Charles married Diana, don't see why it wouldn't work on Playmobil brides.

NorbertDentressangle Fri 29-Apr-11 10:36:37

Problem solved.....Kate Middletons dress has been designed with the clever use of a white cloak on the back and the magicians white handkerchief/cloth on the front

NorbertDentressangle Fri 29-Apr-11 10:38:32

Sybil -thanks for the tissue tip. Thats what I would have done but the DC like the challenge of everything being made up of Playmobil bits and pieces smile

LadyYamada Fri 29-Apr-11 10:39:37

Congratulations little Playmo folk. <waves at Norm>

SybilBeddows Fri 29-Apr-11 10:39:55

smile Norbert - IKWYM, there is a certain satisfaction in being 100% Playmobil.

Brilliant! I'm not watching the RW, but thanks for sharing this with us! grin

SoMuchToBits Fri 29-Apr-11 10:43:39

Ds has been very concerned about security arrangements, so there are police everywhere.

There will also be a street party outside Bossy Ross's lifeboat station in Lowbeach-on-Sea......

Is that really you in that photo below the wedding ones, SoMuch? You look so ... sensible. Just goes to show, you never can tell ... grin

SoMuchToBits Fri 29-Apr-11 10:59:57

Yes, that's really me! grin

SoMuchToBits Fri 29-Apr-11 11:22:45

Well, the Playmobil wedding seems to be going without a hitch so far.....

SoMuchToBits Fri 29-Apr-11 11:40:50

Meanwhile the Playmobil people are enjoying their street party outside the lifeboat station. There is a barbecue and ice cream stall, and tv sets have been set up, so people can watch the wedding. The lifeboat station has been decorated with bunting for the occasion......

(see photos on profile)

ForeverNamechanging Fri 29-Apr-11 11:47:31

loving the street partygrin

LadyYamada Fri 29-Apr-11 11:49:02

I want to go to the Playmo street party. <Surveys own boring street.>

fridakahlo Fri 29-Apr-11 11:53:37

Love Miss Annabel Widdletons train, very elegant and somewhat unusal.

SoMuchToBits Fri 29-Apr-11 12:28:45

The Royal couple have now left for the reception, followed by all their family and friends.

SoMuchToBits Fri 29-Apr-11 12:44:01

Ds is now arranging lots of people at the reception.....

I suggested that the happy couple should reappear on the balcony of the lifeboat station later, but ds wasn't too sure...

DuchessMunkii Fri 29-Apr-11 12:53:52

Brilliant, love the photos too!

ForeverNamechanging Fri 29-Apr-11 12:55:45

They must appear on the lifeboat balcony.All the Playmoland peasants will be expecting the kiss

SoMuchToBits Fri 29-Apr-11 12:59:56

I'll see what I can do re the balcony........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now