When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

2014 Durham/Teesside/Tyne & Wear Cake Fest

(694 Posts)
juneybean Sun 29-Dec-13 22:07:11

Thought I'd be premature and create this thread now.

Currently have this meet up planned:

13th Jan - Miss Tina's in Washington

VikingLady Sun 29-Dec-13 22:11:07

Placemarking with cake

Indith Sun 29-Dec-13 23:02:24

cannot believe it is nearly 2014 cake

Indith Thu 02-Jan-14 20:23:40

Suppose we should start chatting on this one now!

TripTuckerInMyStocking Sun 05-Jan-14 17:50:19

cake and biscuit

Actually, shall be eating less cake

juneybean Tue 07-Jan-14 12:34:09

Yes... I am caffeine-free and cake-free ... what a stupid idea it was to arrange a meet up in a cafe! wink But I'm sure they do de-caff (they did for you trip?)

I am currently torn between wanting a body-shape I vaguely recognise back, knowing that I Must Not Diet for fear of it getting out of hand again, and feeling like if I'm up every night breastfeeding I should bloody well be allowed (dairy free) cake.

Maybe we need to meet up somewhere that serves tea and toast?!

VikingLady Tue 07-Jan-14 15:24:47

No good for me, am low carbing! Do you think there is anywhere doing tea and sausage?

juneybean Tue 07-Jan-14 18:23:14

I'm taking you to f&b for sausage!! wink

VikingLady Tue 07-Jan-14 20:23:06

That sounds filthy!

TripTuckerInMyStocking Wed 08-Jan-14 22:20:09

Shit can't do the 13th now. My Dad is coming over from Spain this weekend, he booked a cheap flight last week, and won't be going back until the 14th.
Have fun!

juneybean Thu 09-Jan-14 17:06:49

Ohh no! I wonder if Spiggy is coming...?

Hello! Sorry, not been around, things have just been stupidly busy. But feeling pretty good as what I've been working on has come off and will not only save money but provide a better public service. woo! grin

I'll be there on Monday!

juneybean Fri 10-Jan-14 20:42:41

Yay! I hope the newbies will come.

VikingLady Fri 10-Jan-14 21:54:08

I'm running a group on Monday, so can't come either - sorry

juneybean Mon 13-Jan-14 14:53:08

Okay Spiggy and I had chats about planning upcoming events!

We need a cocktail night, I want a spa day for my impending things and I suppose we ought to fit more cake in!

VikingLady Mon 13-Jan-14 21:39:49

I'm up for cake! Cocktail nights are tricky as it's hard to get home afterwards, and I would rather eat my own feet than go to another spa day, but cake is nice!

goldenretriever Sat 18-Jan-14 13:31:01

Oooh, have found you lot! I'm up for a cocktail night of course.

juneybean Sun 19-Jan-14 10:34:40

Does anyone habe

juneybean Sun 19-Jan-14 10:34:41

Does anyone habe

juneybean Sun 19-Jan-14 10:35:57

Seriously phone.

Does any one have a twin pushchair they don't need, suitable for newborn and toddler. My boss is looking.

Thanks!

TripTuckerInMyStocking Sun 19-Jan-14 11:48:06

Me and Vikinglady are going to Adventure Point in Darlo if anyone fancies joining us?

VikingLady Sun 19-Jan-14 20:35:15

On Friday. If you get there before 10am you get free cuppa, cookie and a cup of squash.

Indith Wed 22-Jan-14 11:58:19

Hello!!!!!!!

Dropped off my threads.

Rather stupidly busy. Plan away though, chase the newbies who pop up every so often. We definitely need cocktails. My final exam for the year is Feb 27th. Just saying wink.

Hopefully by then I'll be in the mood for celebration!

Mum has cancer. Bit shit really. Should be fine as they have caught it nice and early. Operation soon. No child free weekend for us as even though we have been booked in for around a year she will be most inconsiderately be recovering. I may consider forgiving her in time. Bless her she didn't want to let us down and kept trying to say she would still be fine to have them all. Because obviously she can spend all night walking around carrying a non sleeping ds2 in an effort to get him to sleep when recovering from a hysterectomy. She is rather lovely my mum. Obviously we are refusing to let her have him! Lots of weekends in a year to hopefully escape in, only one of her.

When do your things start juney?

Cake is always good.

I know I'm in a stupid place but there is an amazing little Viennese coffee place recently opened in Lanchester. The freshly made cakes are fabulous, seriously amazing. The coffee is also amazing according to my coffee drinking friends and husband. The hot chocolate is rather fab too. It is all fab. here

TripTuckerInMyStocking Wed 22-Jan-14 16:07:26

Sorry to hear about your mum, I hope she makes a fast recovery. She sounds lovely, bless her!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now