When organising a Mumsnet meet up you should take the same basic precautions you would when meeting anyone from the internet - make sure you meet in a public place and that others know where you are going. You can also meet up with other mums on your Mumsnet Local page. Find your Local page here.

I need some friends *sobs*. Are you in Nottingham?

(87 Posts)
LadyMaryQuiteContrary Thu 02-May-13 14:27:58
LadyMaryQuiteContrary Tue 14-May-13 23:18:56

They haven't got back to me yet. sad I'll give it a couple of days.

LadyMaryQuiteContrary Wed 15-May-13 20:21:13

Ikea would prefer it if we went to eat their meatballs see them the week after half term, if this is OK. How's Tuesday the 7th? brew

Badvoc Wed 15-May-13 20:26:19

Ohhhh..l am near (ish)

I'm on holiday from 3rd to 13th sad Hopefully you'll have a great time and organise another one smile

LadyMaryQuiteContrary Wed 15-May-13 20:31:04

Oh, don't worry, we will.

Come, Badvoc. Have some cinnamon buns and meatballs. You don't have to bring children but there will be lots of things for them to do. smile

LadyMaryQuiteContrary Wed 15-May-13 20:32:02

Have a lovely holiday, EnglishGirl. There will be other meet ups. It would be lovely to have regular ones. smile

You have to have a cinnamon bun for me. I'm very disappointed, there must be another one!

LadyMaryQuiteContrary Wed 15-May-13 20:37:53

There will be. wink They want us to move in by the sounds of it. grin

Badvoc Wed 15-May-13 20:42:07

Ha! Wasnt thinking of bringing the kids! smile

skiesmylimit Wed 15-May-13 20:45:27

Badvoc I've just read this thread and all way through was wondering if I'd be judged for not bringing kids smile

Badvoc Wed 15-May-13 20:47:05

smile
I wont judge skiesmylimit!

skiesmylimit Wed 15-May-13 20:49:19

That's a deal, I wouldn't host up my judge pants on you neither smile

LadyMaryQuiteContrary Wed 15-May-13 20:49:26

Mine will be at school. No one's going to judge unless you dive into the softplay area. grin

Come and have a coffee. You don't have to go shopping afterwards. Coffee is free with your family card, which is also free. It'll only cost you the bus fare/petrol.

Badvoc Wed 15-May-13 20:56:35

When is it again!?

LadyMaryQuiteContrary Wed 15-May-13 21:05:33

Tuesday 4th June I keep thinking it's May! blush

LadyMaryQuiteContrary Wed 15-May-13 21:06:25

First Tuesday after half term. That's the 4th.

Badvoc Wed 15-May-13 21:14:07

Can do that!

skiesmylimit Wed 15-May-13 21:15:36

I wil look into what shift dh is on. I will be travelling from Mansfield area, possibly by car if anyone wants a lift

Arion Wed 15-May-13 21:27:29

I will see you there, barring any illnesses! I don't own a Mumsnet scarf though so will have to loiter around looking shifty till someone turns up! grin

No meet-ups for ages (was a Derby one back in September) now 2 in one week! There's one at the Quad in Derby on Mon 3rd June and now Ikea on 4th. Cake then meatballs in one week, now what can I eat on Wednesday?

LadyMaryQuiteContrary Wed 15-May-13 21:39:22

I'm catching the bus from the city centre oh, what luxury. I'll stick a fruit shoot and a packet of pom bears on the table. grin I bet the local editor setting the Derby one will let you take some cake home if there's any left, Arion. wink

Will be lovely to meet you all. You don't have to give away your mumsnet names or tell anyone your real names. Just turn up, have a coffee and relax.

skiesmylimit Wed 15-May-13 22:18:22

Just a quick question from those on Nottingham, what's 'the toy shop' like? Ds1s birthday is on Tuesday and we desperately need to get stuff he's asked for but hard to find locally

maxmissie Thu 16-May-13 21:44:40

I can do 4th June, what time and whereabouts in the cafe?

LadyMaryQuiteContrary Thu 16-May-13 21:53:20

Yay! From 10am until whenever you want to stay until (I have to go at 3). They are going to mark a section of the cafe off for us so you won't miss us. smile

ladyMaryQuiteContrary Thu 23-May-13 13:45:13

Anyone else want to join us? smile

MrsBungle Wed 29-May-13 19:39:30

I'd love to come but I work on a Tuesday. If ever you're having a thurs or fri meet up or a piss up count me in . Hope you all have a good time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now