When organising a Mumsnet meet up you should take the same basic precautions you would when meeting anyone from the internet - make sure you meet in a public place and that others know where you are going. You can also meet up with other mums on your Mumsnet Local page. Find your Local page here.

London 2012 Xmas Meetup - 1st December

(854 Posts)

Well, the atrocious cunts who usually organise these things have slunk off on the excuse of having too much knitting to do. wink

How Very Dare They.

Get yer arses over here and sign up.

Especially those of you in the first 400 posts.

Yes, YOU!

I need to know numbers ASAP so I know what kind of venue to book.....

Could be somewhere near Waterloo too? Lots of train and tube lines there, easy to get to from London Bridge as well on the Jubilee line? Just a thought!

CrispyHedgehog Thu 01-Nov-12 11:32:51

Can I come please?

cat
BIWI
BBB
Hully
kungfupannda
SGB
Aran/Keema
FrankWippery
Hearts
Crispy

Surely we can convince the lovely and majestic GetOrf to come along? And I seem to remember somewhere in the mists of time that MrsVamos promised to come and I soooo want to meet her!

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Fri 02-Nov-12 00:40:09

Hearts you need to collar Hully, she posted all sorts up there and GetOrf was certainly one of them. Sure she can persuade MrsVamos too.
Any more on your list? wink

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Fri 02-Nov-12 00:43:41

^up there^ is what I wanted.
Not that it matters.

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Fri 02-Nov-12 00:45:29

Not that either.
Fuck it.

BIWI Cote D'Ivoire Fri 02-Nov-12 08:59:13

grin

Hullygully Fri 02-Nov-12 09:56:14

Where are all the original sign-ups? Half term, might be away. We can doa big bossy shout out next week maybs?

Grand idea Hully.

PMs maybe too.

Ask HQ to sticky it?

I am a possible. A friend may be coming for that weekend though. I'll know more next week.

Absy Fri 02-Nov-12 14:46:30

I'm a possible. I am very terrified excited to meet my favourite MNers

MrsChristmasVamos Fri 02-Nov-12 14:54:17

Would love to come to a meet up but won't be able to do one this side of Christmas, unfortunately. sad

So many of you lovelies I would love to meet, maybe next year ?

I still want to do an MN Day Out to Wimby. grin

Looking more promisisng! I'm on the venue hunt RIGHT NOW

Hullygully Fri 02-Nov-12 16:09:05

Ahem. You are actually a definite Abs. Surely you haven't forgotten, dear?

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Fri 02-Nov-12 18:19:41

JOLLY GOOD cat grin

NotQuintAtAllOhNo Fri 02-Nov-12 21:26:47

cat
BIWI
BBB
Hully
kungfupannda
SGB
Aran/Keema
FrankWippery
Hearts
Crispy
Quintessenial (NotQuint at the mo)

Count me in.

But, how about Hammersmith? That is quite central?

GetOrfAKAMrsUsainBolt Fri 02-Nov-12 21:41:27

I am absolutely thrilled to be called majestic, lovely and an atrocious cunt all on the same thread. (and hearts I thought you were lovely and only spoke to you for 5 mins!)

Yes I would love to come.

I really liked Southwark but don't really mind where in London it will be. YES to seats and not loads of lahd music so I have to bring my ear trumpet.

GetOrfAKAMrsUsainBolt Fri 02-Nov-12 21:41:48

cat
BIWI
BBB
Hully
kungfupannda
SGB
Aran/Keema
FrankWippery
Hearts
Crispy
Quintessenial (NotQuint at the mo)
Getorf

GetOrfAKAMrsUsainBolt Fri 02-Nov-12 21:43:03

I did say that I would help organise on the last thread.

But I am a bit useless really. Left to me we would meet at the champagne bar in Paddington station and then go on the circle line piss up.

MrsChristmasVamos Fri 02-Nov-12 22:06:09

<wails>

I wanna meet you, GetOrf.

I want to get pissed with you and talk about the Plympics, and what fun it was watching the Power Rangers and other BRILLIANT sportspeople who were AMAZING.

<cries>

MrsVamos - there are quite a few others also agitating for a Lent term meet up. March / Aprilish. Marriedinwhite being one of them!

MrsChristmasVamos Fri 02-Nov-12 22:43:41

<waves>

Hearts ! Hellllllooooooooooo !

Oooh I would be up for that. I think. I'm not really a going out kind of person. I'm not good in crowds.

If you all speak like you do on here I might be OK. I'm really quite shy. And I worry what people think.

I'm a worrier. Endlessly. About everything. And that makes me a bit of a homebody, I think.

I think a lot. blush grin

EarnestDullard Fri 02-Nov-12 22:44:36

Ooh. Hmm.

Couldn't make the last one as I was 39w pregnant. Tempted this time, although I'm now very fat (small baby's fault) and there is Not A Single Item of clothing that is flattering anymore sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now