When organising a Mumsnet meet up you should take the same basic precautions you would when meeting anyone from the internet - make sure you meet in a public place and that others know where you are going. You can also meet up with other mums on your Mumsnet Local page. Find your Local page here.

Meet in the middle at the schultuete shop!

(962 Posts)
PiratesKnittingTreasure Mon 20-Aug-12 20:13:31

Here we are smile.

DTisMYdoctor Sat 15-Jun-13 19:35:07

Glad he had a good day!

DTisMYdoctor Mon 17-Jun-13 13:56:23

Darn my new found thread killing abilities grin

DomesticCEO Mon 17-Jun-13 21:33:57

grin

DTisMYdoctor Mon 17-Jun-13 23:37:18

<fears replying>

LaG, Deb, come say hello and save me!!! grin

How was DS's party CEO? Looks like the dads were having a great time! grin

DTisMYdoctor Mon 17-Jun-13 23:38:37

Oh, CEO - legoland in October, am I mad to contemplate? Is it a thoroughly miserable day out if the weather is rubbish?

DomesticCEO Tue 18-Jun-13 09:58:58

The party was AMAZING! Such a good entertainer that had both the kids and adults in stitches smile. Very tempted to get him again next year as I don't how I'll top it otherwise!

Legoland in October can be fab - we took DS2 there for his 3rd birthday last year. It wouldn't be brilliant if it was a really wet day as most things are outdoors, but if it's just cold then it can be great cos it keeps the crowds down! grin When are you thinking of coming? We could come and meet you smile.

DTisMYdoctor Tue 18-Jun-13 11:40:19

Glad he had a good time!

Legoland - I wouldn't dream of organising a visit without arranging to meet up with you grin. Our schools break up for half term on 11th October, so that weekend probably. DS would absolutely love it I'm sure, I was hoping to take him in the summer but have too much on already!

DomesticCEO Tue 18-Jun-13 13:57:36

That would be fab cos would just about coincide with Mikey's 4th birthday - the boys will be delighted to have someone new to show all their favourite haunts to smile.

Gig and I had talked about meeting up with the girls too so maybe we could see if they could make it - if LG and Deb are up for it too that would be grand (although I accept it's probably not realistic for you Deb! blush).

DTisMYdoctor Tue 18-Jun-13 14:54:58

grin I will speak to DH. Though may need to get at least our summer hols out of the way before I broach the idea of another trip gringrin

Gigondas Tue 18-Jun-13 15:08:02

That sounds an ace idea CEO smile. Big gigs party this Weekend so need to get more active with my pump(it's not a look that will catch on).

Just met another lovely Mn who lives locally which was really nice.

When is ds party dt? Invites looked awesome.

DTisMYdoctor Sat 22-Jun-13 20:32:58

Helloooooooooo!

disguisedeb Sat 22-Jun-13 21:22:51

hellooooooo, sorry been gone for so long. Hope Ethan's Birthday buddies are all OK. It was playmobil and dressing up here for presents. Small party at home and tea out .Worst present - tattoos that you wet on skin and are a bugger to get off, from my very sensible friend.

All getting back to normal here after Lisa's gone. Not buying the barn though as planners were very negative about our hopes for the place. I'm not devastated as I should be so it wasn't the right one. So back to house hunting and also looking for a dog!! Been to see one last week and she is quite lovely , need to take her out for a walk and see how she is away from owner. Had student at work on teaching practice for 8 weeks and she's finished now so I'm supposed to be planning now for next week - I've actually got to teach - help!!

Love to all of you, legoland sounds great but bit too far. Domestic, lovely to hear you on radio, when I read your posts I hadn't read them in the right voice, must improve my accent - you sound quite posh!! grin

LaGuerta Sun 23-Jun-13 07:45:55

Morning, morning.

I'm back. Not sure where the last week has gone, the week before was a bit nuts getting ready for DS1's party. It went really well though. Think lots of little boys running round the garden digging up "dinosaur bones."

DS1 got Cars 2 Monopoly which we have played before and is excellent; a new paddling pool as the old one is ripped, and a Schliech plane.

Deb sorry the house purchase is off. Onwards and upwards as they say. Good luck with the dog and with doing some actual lessons. Will you be getting a new German student next year?

Gig - hope the party has/is gone/going well. I am sure the pump is a look you can rock.

Congrats to the contingent north of the border. A great week for you!

I would like to do a meet up in October. Domestic's neck of the woods is fine for us. It would have to be at a weekend though as our half term isn't until 26oct - 3nov.

We may be away for our half term. Have I mentioned the ongoing saga of going on holiday with the PILs at all? wink Well the latest plan is to find some winter sun at half term. DH is looking at self catering whilst me and the PILs are looking at hotels. The positive of all this is that I now don't have to go away in August with them and their dog that barks at me whenever I walk into my own lounge. smile

Gigondas Tue 25-Jun-13 08:53:03

Party was good but exhausting( I won't moan too much but am sad as an constantly tired and back hurts).

Just big day tomorrow .

Sorry house is off deb but no point buying if bit right thing . Am excited about dog tho smile. Hope you didn't get playmobil finger from putting it all together - I was envy about pics.

disguisedeb Tue 25-Jun-13 10:40:04

Playmobil finger didn't strike this time as no buildings to construct!

No more students here, so nice to have the house back to ourselves. They did call and ask us to have a Danish girl next year, as much as I love danish pastries, then answer had to be no!!

This afternoon I'm off to see Tristan with the starring role in Oliver, must remember no mascara as when he sings "Where is love" I will not be able to control myself. Will try to get him to sing it to go on Facebook!!

DTisMYdoctor Thu 27-Jun-13 00:04:31

grin At playmobil finger and Danish pastries! Is there a lego building ailment. DS is getting a ridiculous amount! He does love it though, so it will go down well.

Sorry you're in pain Gig. Moan away as much or as little as you want to.

Very hectic here - 1001 things going on, which I won't bore you all about (apart from anything else, they make me far too identifiable)!

DomesticCEO Thu 27-Jun-13 14:20:58

Hi all, Gig hope you're managing to get loads of rest - looking forward to seeing you tomorrow x

LG, we were looking at the weekend of the 11th October - could celebrate Gig's and DS2's birthdays at the same time grin!

Deb, sorry to hear about the barn. grin at me being posh - I'm really not! Have a working class dad who put great store on speaking proper so would correct my English a lot, and moved around a great deal so never picked up an accent!

disguisedeb Thu 27-Jun-13 17:54:53

lego nails - trying to separate the flat shiny smooth tiles from a lego brick
or lego foot - standing on the stuff in bare feet

NIgel and Tristan away overnight building shelters and sleeping ! in them overnight, it's 12 degrees and raining.

On the plus side while the non chocolate people are away we are going to make those chocolate in a mug microwave things for pudding...mmmmm

DomesticCEO Thu 04-Jul-13 17:42:40

How was the weekend away Deb?

DS1's sports day today - great fun grin.

disguisedeb Thu 11-Jul-13 23:03:10

Where is everyone? I'm up to my eyes in report writing, new dog settling (that's harder than I thought it would be), end of term events in my school , Tristan and Ethan's school and Stefan's school. Tristan is in Y6 so moves to Stefan's school in September. Stefan has been off ill all week with a virus of some sort, and he's never ill. He's so tired all the time, aching, hot, headachey... On the plus side, only 8 sleeps until we break up.

Hope you're all OK and I haven't missed anything dramatic.

DTisMYdoctor Sat 13-Jul-13 08:10:36

Oops, this fell off my threads list!

I've been on holiday! Not quite back home yet - brief stop in London. I was going to try and organise a meet up while I was here, but plans were a bit up in the air until the last minute.

Holiday was much needed after a bit of a crazy time with one thing and another. DS's bday was while we were away, so he still has most of his presents to open when we get home. They're almost exclusively lego, so I'm likely to have some of those lego injuries when I get home.

I was yearning for some playmobil when we were in a toy shop recently. The older playmobil school is on offer in Argos atm, and I'm itching to buy it. However, I suspect this is more to do with the fact I would have LOVED it as a child rather than DS enjoying it. The new dinosaur range is probably more his thing. Tsk. grin

How are you all? Looking forward to breaking up for summer? Scottish schools break up so much earlier I'm now thinking it's not long until DS is starting school! He's in nursery till the end of this month and a bit apprehensive about starting school. Any tips?

DTisMYdoctor Sat 13-Jul-13 08:11:42

How's Stefan now Deb? Are the boys all enjoying having a new dog?

DomesticCEO Sat 13-Jul-13 22:25:58

Hi, no Internet access here! Argh!!!!

Deb, the dog is gorgeous! Can't believe you'll have two kids at secondary in September! shock

DT, sounds like your hols were amazing smile. Re school, without wanting to say anything too daft/obvious my top tip would be to really big up school and be super excited about him. Let him discuss concerns but be very positive about how he could overcome these. And keep partings brief - we have one child at our school who still has to be prised from his mum's arms but she has long drawn out goodbyes every day! Quick kiss, "have a fab day!" and leg it!

It's a big step, and I'm feeling very emotional about DS1 going into Y1 so will need to follow some of my own advice!

DomesticCEO Sat 13-Jul-13 22:26:47

About it not about him!

DTisMYdoctor Tue 16-Jul-13 12:50:02

Thanks CEO. It's a hard balance with DS - if I get too excited about something he's nervous about it seems to make him worse. I'm sure he'll be fine - I need to stop dwelling on my own primary school experiences and not assume his will be the same.

I did manage to get some trousers that fit almost perfectly though grin.

How are things with everyone else? First day back at work here post holidays sad I have a very busy August/September though so lots to look forward too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now