When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Meet in the middle at the schultuete shop!

(962 Posts)
PiratesKnittingTreasure Mon 20-Aug-12 20:13:31

Here we are smile.

DomesticCEO Fri 29-Mar-13 17:19:06

Thanks DT! Why so tired? sad

LaGuerta Fri 29-Mar-13 20:02:03

Yes eczema for both boys here since birth. A lot of children grow out if it and as this has been their best winter to date I remain hopeful. Saying that DS1 has an outbreak right now for no apparent reason. Second Aveeno. However the general consensus seems to be to keep changing products until you find what suits that person.

disguisedeb Fri 29-Mar-13 23:32:28

cake done, presents wrapped, balloons blown up...everything's ready for a 13th Birthday tomorrow apart from me...why do children have to keep on changing? With ds1 as a pfb I thought sleepless nights were the worst thing possible, then when he got to the heady testosterone filled days of 3 and 4 I imagined that things could get no worse... then a relatively calm period of growing up but not changing that much....until now!

DomesticCEO Sat 30-Mar-13 17:49:29

Can't believe you're going to have a teenager Deb!!!! shock Hope the birthday party goes well smile.

LG, sadly this has been DS1's worst winter sad. Someone did suggest it could be a reaction to the soap at school as it does seen much better during school holidays. Will get some Aveeno.

DTisMYdoctor Sat 30-Mar-13 18:25:07

I was tired mostly because it was midnight, but also because I had been frantically trying to finish a photo book online before a groupon voucher expired!

If Aveeno does the trick, they do a few different products - bath wash etc. Boots sometimes have on 2-4-1 and Costco also stocks the lotion in multi packs if you have one of those nearby.

A teenager Deb! Very grown up!

DTisMYdoctor Sat 30-Mar-13 18:28:57

Oh and CEO - have you tried an oat bath for DS? Tie some oats in a muslin cloth and put in the bath. I've also just remembered that I think you can get Aveeno on prescription for kids?

LaGuerta Sat 30-Mar-13 19:24:26

Your GP should prescribe Aveeno for him though so it will be free.

DS1s fingers were terrible at preschool until he managed to articulate that the v harsh anti bac soap was making his hands hurt. hmm Since then, his pre schools and school have been happy for him just to use water, and largely his fingers are much better.

Is it just your DS's hands that are the problem or is it elsewhere? In which case the 'soap at school' theory doesn't really wash (excuse the pun). My DS1's fingers and wrists are normally by far the worst bits, but other spots do flare sometimes too.

Deb - have a very happy birthday in your house. Let us know if "Kevin the Teenager' comes down to breakfast in a staggering metamorphosis in the morning. grin

DomesticCEO Sun 31-Mar-13 08:22:50

grin DT, didn't notice the time! Do remember your FB post about photo books though!

DS1's hands definitely the worst bit - he gets dry patches on other parts of his body, but you can't see them they just feel rough to the touch. His hands are cracked and bleeding even though he's incredibly good at not scratching sad. Will be interesting to see what 2 weeks off school does and if it makes a difference I might ask for him not to use soap.

grin at Kevin - love that sketch!

DomesticCEO Sun 31-Mar-13 08:23:39

Oh and thanks for the tip on the oat bath, will try it!

DTisMYdoctor Sun 31-Mar-13 09:31:10

I can't use anti-bac hand soap on regularly. I developed a real sensitivity to it when DS was a baby. I used it a lot, but not excessively - before preparing bottles, after nappy changes when out and about etc. Anti-bac cleaners should come with a health warning!

DTisMYdoctor Sun 31-Mar-13 09:36:19

Oops, posted too soon. Poor DS CEO. I'd definitely get him to the docs for a prescription for his hands. I know when mine were bad due to anti-bac use they were really painful, and the GP gave me some great creams - one for regular day use and another one for night.

disguisedeb Sun 31-Mar-13 17:57:40

Had a lovely Birthday here with the big one! Laser tag, meal out then sleepover with friends, dvd, popcorn, ice cream, etc etc... Plus clocks changed so they thought it was even better to be going to bed an hour later (midnight)

Today though Ethan started off fine, went for a walk and gradually moaned more and more. Now lying on settee hot and quiet, hasn't managed sunday lunch, only ate few mouthfuls of birthday cake and has refused a malteser, shock horror. Hope we don't all get it, off to mums at weekend.

LaGuerta Wed 03-Apr-13 16:08:08

Just felt that I had to note that I got Domestic into an Evangelical Church this morning! She also had to deal with a variety of theological questions from her DS1 including what the Alpha Course is all about. grin

DomesticCEO Wed 03-Apr-13 17:17:40

grin grin grin

I knew you were enjoying that you wicked woman! I hope you were impressed with my incredible restraint?? wink

Gigondas Wed 03-Apr-13 17:46:28

What's this? I turn my back and lag has become a front line general in the lords army wink.

Sorry been AWOL but as CEO said had a bit of drama last week about my neck. To cut a long and stressful story short, I will need a big op (in 3 parts) to fix damage on my neck related to the cancer. But the slightly better news is think it is "old" cancer (basically they missed this as Didnt scan up but won't admit it- it was clearly there all along as anyone who knows me knows have had neck pain for months).

Am maxed out on painkillers which so good as was most uncomfy and down. But just need to get it done .

I agree with dt that anti bac soap does for your hands.

Deb hope lurfgy is under control- confusedshock at refusing maltesers!!

DomesticCEO Wed 03-Apr-13 18:06:31

Missed Ethan being ill sad.

Hope he's better Deb.

grin at LG in the Lord's Army - the troops weren't v cooperative on this occasion wink. The cafe we went to was AMAZING though - and a shop I could have spent a fortune in had we not had 4 children in tow!!!!

LaGuerta Wed 03-Apr-13 18:41:19

For some strange reason my favourite pre school activities down here seem to happen in evangelical churches hmm. The people that run DS2's music group held a massive free 'fun' morning in the church, and CEO was in the neighbourhood so got dragged along.

Sorry that you have had such a crapper of a week Gig. Glad that the pain killers are doing their thing. thanks Or wine even from me to you.

Deb - sorry I missed Ethan being poorly. How is he now?

DomesticCEO Thu 04-Apr-13 08:44:51

It was fun smile. Very cute watching both our DS1s sat beautifully listening to the music too smile - guessing they wouldn't have done that a year ago! DS1 was very taken with the violin and was telling my mum all about it!

LaGuerta Thu 04-Apr-13 14:57:26

Ah, so maybe violin lessons are the way to introduce a child to music who is growing up in a non musical house wink

Gigondas Thu 04-Apr-13 15:02:24

Not in my experience lag, when I was learning violin, the cat used to come and deliberately push the music stand over to stop me playing.

It's snowing here and I am doing a dt - procrastinating on net when should be studying.

First op set for Monday so home on Tuesday- will find out more about main event then .

DomesticCEO Thu 04-Apr-13 16:47:16

Noooooooo!!!!!! Can't bear the violin played well so played badly would be a non-starter for me grin!

Gig, hope you have some nice stuff planned for the w/e and all goes well on Monday xxxxxxx

Gigondas Thu 04-Apr-13 17:41:58

No real plans- have to be careful as although I feel ok with drugs , need not to overdo it as only out of hospital on "licence".
Dh is going to watch grand national (I was meant to be going but dsd going instead now as would be too much sad) then rugby on Sunday so think it may be a quiet weekend for me .

DTisMYdoctor Thu 04-Apr-13 18:05:34

Doing at DT? hmm grin

DTisMYdoctor Thu 04-Apr-13 18:06:12

Will come back and post properly later!

DomesticCEO Thu 04-Apr-13 20:18:20

grin at doing a DT!

Sounds like a nice w/e anyway Gig - although I suppose enforced resting not as much fun as resting out of choice blush. Hope you're managing sleep better now x

Had a bit of a shit day here - boys are going stir crazy being stuck inside and my DF is being a cantankerous old sod. Mum and I escaping out with the kids tomorrow sad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now