When organising a Mumsnet meet up you should take the same basic precautions you would when meeting anyone from the internet - make sure you meet in a public place and that others know where you are going. You can also meet up with other mums on your Mumsnet Local page. Find your Local page here.

Meet in the middle at the schultuete shop!

(962 Posts)
PiratesKnittingTreasure Mon 20-Aug-12 20:13:31

Here we are smile.

DTisMYdoctor Sun 24-Feb-13 09:40:06

*is not *was a glamorous location!

DomesticCEO Sun 24-Feb-13 11:02:27

Wedding sounds amazing DT smile.

DB and fiancée are having real problems in their relationship so don't even know if we're going to have that wedding to look forward to blush.

DTisMYdoctor Mon 25-Feb-13 11:00:34

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that CEO sad

LaGuerta Mon 25-Feb-13 12:20:50

sad is it sudden news that they aren't happy? Better to resolve things before getting married than pushing it under the carpet though. Clutching at straws I know...

I'm missing DS1 this morning (first day back following half term). However DS2 is firing on all cylinders. It turns out that yesterday when he told me that the balls from the hungry hippo game were tasty, he meant it, as evidenced by the contents of his nappy this morning. shock

DomesticCEO Wed 27-Feb-13 09:37:57

No, not news sad. They had a big bust up before Christmas too - and a few red flags had been appearing in the last few weeks.

It's all over now sad. So gutted for my DB - he really thought this was it. She's got a lot of ishoos as they say, and in many ways I'm quite glad DB isn't going to be caught up with it all, but still gutted for him sad.

LaGuerta Wed 27-Feb-13 12:46:06

That's devastating for your DB, but so much better to get out of it now. Don't let him (if you have any influence) do anything daft on the rebound though. My cousin is still paying the price 20+ years on from splitting with his first fiancé.

DomesticCEO Wed 27-Feb-13 12:58:05

Oh dear, really sad. Married on the rebound?

I don't think DB will do that - he was never really the marrying type, this was all very much driven by her. I think that's what makes it all the more devastating in many ways, cos he suddenly got really into the idea of having a wife and kids and now it's all gone before it's begun sad.

LaGuerta Thu 28-Feb-13 13:17:47

Yeah - he met and married someone else after finding out that fiancé #1 had been going for drinks with her boss. His wife was lovely but not a great match. 3 kids later it all exploded. He lost everything including his business and for a while was living with his mum. It's better now. Has had a couple of serious girlfriends since both were/are nice. Career is in tatters (and he was very money orientated). The worst is that he is over 100 miles from his DDs sad. My aunt remains devastated about her golden boy.

Anyway, that's all irrelevant to your DB. Sounds like your he will need his family around for lots of support.

DTisMYdoctor Fri 01-Mar-13 20:14:42

Sorry to hear about your brother CEO, but it does sound for the best in the long run (not that it makes it any less painful now). What a shame for your cousin LaG.

What's everyone up to this weekend?

LaGuerta Fri 01-Mar-13 20:49:57

Going skiing gringringringrin

Not till Sunday though. First I need to pack <groan>. My efforts today to get sorted were thwarted by the water randomly going off for hours and hours. Washing not done so no packing done.

DTisMYdoctor Fri 01-Mar-13 21:02:53

Have a great time! Good luck with getting the washing done. I once went to the US with a suitcase full of wet washing. That was more to do with me being a disorganised student though...

disguisedeb Fri 01-Mar-13 23:21:11

Hello, just lurking, no news on house as still waiting for planners.

Have a great time skiing LaG

waves to everyone else

DTisMYdoctor Sat 02-Mar-13 00:10:11

Your dad didn't talk you out of the house then Deb? grin

Gigondas Sat 02-Mar-13 15:31:07

Sorry have been AWOL but starting work again meant been quite tired.

Have a lovely time skiing lag.

Hope you hear from planners soon deb.

Annoying about your leak saga dt.

Ceo- am sorry about your brother. Yes it is better that find ishoos now but not much comfort for him really if he was ready to marry .

DTisMYdoctor Mon 04-Mar-13 23:30:33

How are you finding being back at work Gig (apart from the tiredness). Nothing of interest to report from here!

Gigondas Tue 05-Mar-13 09:16:28

It's ok- taking it easy and finding no difficulty in being assertive about what I can and can't do.

Been back to pain dr and now seem to have better painkiller prescription so can sleep. Still got to take it easy with typing at work tho. How you managed with your back I don't know dt as pain is very draining.

Big gig been told off again for not working when told to and day dreaming unless supervised - so have had stern chat with her about doing what teacher said and also suggested a bribe if she manages to be good til end of term. This last ploy seems to have caught her interest...

Oh be Warned CEO- she feels it necessary to see your boys as haven't played with them in a while.. I will spare you all the things we are meant to do with themgrin.

DomesticCEO Tue 05-Mar-13 20:25:46

Aw that's so sweet Gig! Well, I agree - we must set a date (aside from our lunch date next week!) and you must spill on what she wants to do with them grin!

DTisMYdoctor Thu 07-Mar-13 12:50:08

Sorry that the back pain is continuing Gig. Apologies if you've said already (I think you have) but what is the root cause of the pain?

Good luck with the bribe - it certainly motivates DS! He's just managed to stay in his own bed for 7 consecutive nights for a treat. He got it yesterday and at around 3am was in waking us up. I'm cross because it's clearly not that he's waking up and is struggling to settle - he's proved that he can do it! He was sent back to bed on his own (in the past we've taken him back to bed and settled him in) so will see what tonight brings...

We're currently waiting to find out if he gets into his school. We've opted for the local catchment RC school, but too many baptised RC children in the catchment... We do live very close to the school though so I hope that will help!

Gigondas Sat 09-Mar-13 08:38:10

Have you heard about schools yet dt?

Bribe worked well this week but got to keep it up- big does seem quite happy with how much more interesting it is if she doesn't just sit there.

CEO- how is your brother doing?

Pain under control now but need to exercise and be careful (ESP of typing).

How was skiing lag?

DTisMYdoctor Sat 09-Mar-13 10:46:26

No still waiting on schools - sometime this month.

Would physio help with the back pain Gig?

Gigondas Sat 09-Mar-13 11:27:58

It does - have bunch of exercise and treatment along with my leg(its more shoulder/neck than back pain). They do this dry needling thing which is great as like a really deep massage.

DTisMYdoctor Sat 09-Mar-13 13:27:53

Glad the treatment is helping. Typing issues aside, how are you enjoying being back at work?

DomesticCEO Sun 10-Mar-13 21:24:12

Glad pain under control now Gig - you really are going through the mill aren't you? sad Have you had occupational health look at your work station/chair/keyboard/seating position etc? If not, they need too.

Thanks for asking about DB - sadly I don't know how he's doing as he still hasn't spoken to me sad. He has now changed his FB status to single - what a public way of having to announce the split sad.

Good luck with schools DT - so weird to think your DS is only just starting school this September, lucky thing blush.

Talking of school - we have both the boys' parents' evening this Thursday! Expecting DS1's to be glowing as usual - DS2's could be, er, interesting!! grin

Hope everyone has had a good day x

LaGuerta Wed 13-Mar-13 13:04:02

I'm back!

Good holiday.

Will try and post properly later.

DTisMYdoctor Thu 14-Mar-13 22:03:49

Hello LaG! Glad you had a good holiday. It's quiet on here...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now