Der Nebel steigt, es fällt das Laub - a German and Austrian autumn thread

(928 Posts)
AntiqueMuppet Wed 26-Sep-12 09:27:11

A thread for anyone living in Germany or Austria, or anyone else who fancies a chat.

Previous thread here

LinzerTorte Sun 02-Dec-12 09:44:51

Morning! No snow here as yet, although it was forecast for this weekend. I was halfway through a long post earlier, but was rudely interrupted by DS getting up - it's still on the laptop downstairs, so I'll try to finish it off and post it later.

Hope everyone's having a lovely first Advent Sunday. We'll be lighting the first candle later and may even put up the tree. shock grin Also need to think of a Christmas name...

admylin Sun 02-Dec-12 10:40:00

Morning all. Snowing here in Hanover too this morning. Although I don't think it's going to be enough to get a snowman out of it or anything yet!

Happy belated birthday to your ds outnumbered, hope all is calmer today for you though. Linzer does the elf bring little gifts?

This year is the first year my 2 teen dc don't want an advent calendar so I didn't bother. They will get a load of Nikolaus stuff though. Trouble is dd wants fairtrade chocolate (thanks to her latest study on Kinderarbeit) so the supermarket chocolate Santas are out.

platanos how was swimming? Did you end up getting any presents to send to the UK? I'm still thinking about it as I was too ill to even do grocery shopping last week. It's going to be amazon vouchers for my nieces that's for sure.

Have a nice erster advent everyone.

admylin Sun 02-Dec-12 11:26:02

Thought it was time to get rid of the Autumn thread title so new thread here. Happy first Advent

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now